PDA

View Full Version : Flash ads and malware

AlphaCrucis9
02-06-2011, 18:41
Is there some way of getting rid of these annoying flash ads, which I have found can harm your computer? When I was watching one of the streams of Sharapova-Petkovic the other day, I got the "Vista Home Security 2011" malware, and I figured out it was inserted onto my machine through a flash ad either on Meevos or StreamHQ.

Beware, that these flash ads, before a video starts, are not only annoying, but can also sneak malware onto your comptuer, as I found out the other day.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
02-06-2011, 19:56
Is there some way of getting rid of these annoying flash ads, which I have found can harm your computer? When I was watching one of the streams of Sharapova-Petkovic the other day, I got the "Vista Home Security 2011" malware, and I figured out it was inserted onto my machine through a flash ad either on Meevos or StreamHQ.

Beware, that these flash ads, before a video starts, are not only annoying, but can also sneak malware onto your comptuer, as I found out the other day.

Get and install Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/) if you haven't already then add the plugin Ad Block Plus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/) and the plugin Karma Blocker (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/karma-blocker/).

Sorted no more ads...;)

PremierGames
02-06-2011, 21:56
Get and install Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/) if you haven't already then add the plugin Ad Block Plus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/) and the plugin Karma Blocker (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/karma-blocker/).

Sorted no more ads...;)

Does this also block the Interactive Ads?

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
02-06-2011, 23:47
Does this also block the Interactive Ads?

Yes it does but if you ever come across one that does not simply add it to the filter or report the page for future updates.

Also if you ever see any of these flash streaming sites asking you to disable your ad-blocker report it here as its not allowed.

Something like this...

http://img.44paths.com/images/01553999086011630574.jpg

szpr
03-06-2011, 02:37
I have no idea why isnt allowed,
If i own a streaming platform of course i do the same, they have their revenue from ads so why block them?

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
03-06-2011, 09:25
I have no idea why isnt allowed,
If i own a streaming platform of course i do the same, they have their revenue from ads so why block them?

A example so you can understand...

MyP2P is FREE and everything about MyP2P is about been FREE, you dont come on to this forum/main site and get forced to watch annoying ads and popups...? So why should we encourage our users to go to a site that breaks MyP2P rules, ethics and morals. Just read the post by AlphaCrucis9...

Beware, that these flash ads, before a video starts, are not only annoying, but can also sneak malware onto your comptuer, as I found out the other day. A user has a right to disable ads and stop sh!t like this because at the end of the day you dont know whats in your ads your just bothered about the income you get from promoting them.

quixote
03-06-2011, 11:51
Simple way for the streamer/video hosting site to make money whilst keeping the ads blocked, is use a CPM ad network, it don't matter if they have ad blocker, every impression counts. Quite frankly i hate CPC ads, as you get streamers asking you to click ads. Sometimes i will turn the ad blcker off depending on the site, but again im not going to turn the ad blocker off if you got two flashing ads down left & right hand side of the player. Stick them BELOW or ABOVE the player.

Nothing wrong in making a few quid to cover costs, just don't be a d*ck and put annoying ads around the player.

gfx196
03-06-2011, 14:42
MyP2P is FREE and everything about MyP2P is about been FREE, you dont come on to this forum/main site and get forced to watch annoying ads and popups...? So why should we encourage our users to go to a site that breaks MyP2P rules, ethics and morals. Just read the post by AlphaCrucis9...

only one problem mate... Myp2p must be free but if it isnt for these sites that let us stream our sports ofr FREE than there is no myp2p. If we dont allow these site cause they have popups i understand .. be cause they are annoying.. but these onscreen flash ads i mean cmon its not like we are paying meevos and etc to let us stream on there site.. They let us do it for free and all they ask for is to not have on ad blocker.. very simple. This is no offense to you at all d_m_w mate :) but if you really hate the ads you can create your own streaming platform put no ads and then share with us.. That way evryone is happy myp2p stays free and we get to stream on a site where it is ad free :) !!!!!

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
03-06-2011, 16:13
only one problem mate... Myp2p must be free but if it isnt for these sites that let us stream our sports ofr FREE than there is no myp2p. If we dont allow these site cause they have popups i understand .. be cause they are annoying.. but these onscreen flash ads i mean cmon its not like we are paying meevos and etc to let us stream on there site.. They let us do it for free and all they ask for is to not have on ad blocker.. very simple. This is no offense to you at all d_m_w mate :) but if you really hate the ads you can create your own streaming platform put no ads and then share with us.. That way evryone is happy myp2p stays free and we get to stream on a site where it is ad free :) !!!!!

So what you are saying is just let these ads be even though some are running malicious scripts ? I can post you one if you like and once you have it your screwed just off a tiny bit of java script. Dont get me wrong these guys need the income to keep up the running costs of the servers but its there methods in using the ads i dont like. Then on top of that you have the sh!t again by the streamer them self with there ads.

I always thought streaming for MyP2P was a hobby not a get rich quick business...? If that's what you think MyP2P is for then i think your in the wrong place. Ive seen streamers come & go then come back again because they just could not cope on there own.

Sorry this is not a rant at Meevos but Flash Streaming sites in general...:o

gfx196
03-06-2011, 16:26
So what you are saying is just let these ads be even though some are running malicious scripts ? I can post you one if you like and once you have it your screwed just off a tiny bit of java script. Dont get me wrong these guys need the income to keep up the running costs of the servers but its there methods in using the ads i dont like. Then on top of that you have the sh!t again by the streamer them self with there ads.

I always thought streaming for MyP2P was a hobby not a get rich quick business...? If that's what you think MyP2P is for then i think your in the wrong place. Ive seen streamers come & go then come back again because they just could not cope on there own.

i understand mate myp2p is about being free.. and i know people use there won sites and try to become rich of it like for example i have 1 ad on my website under stream and thats it and thats only there to help pay for all the extra channels.For me its not about the money as i always do stream torrent as well.. and i have no problem doing it.. now for the flashsites i understand obvioulsy if they have a virus or what not we can not accept but you know some sites make u disable ad blocker.. idont think that should be a reason to ban them.. ban justin.tv thats fine with me :) cause they make u pay.. ban wii-cast... thats fine with me they have the most anoying ads and like 1 million of them.. but dont ban sites that make u disable or have small popups that arnt that anoying..
i hope you understand i know myp2p is free and thats why i joined i just wanted to return the service to the pople who let me wath all my free streams.. its not about the money :) if it was than i wouldnt be happy streaming on stream torrent during the nba finlas and mlb season ..... and know d_m_w mate i have nothing against you im just trying to prove a point :D

szpr
03-06-2011, 18:45
I'm with gfx196.
Not trying to aprove stream sites with popups, Also if a site dont take care with the ads and put any ad offered that may contain malware/spyware then it can't be into myp2p, we all know that. But comeon a simple one (1) advertisement isn't bad at all. They can pay their servers, get revenue of their work and we enjoy these flash sites. If we talk about anoying ads then justintv should be the first on list because of popups and asking to most of users to pay premium. If so i don't have an idea of why meg@live isn't allowed here too.

Just my opinion.
Thanks

quixote
03-06-2011, 23:22
My personal opinion is all these small ass shitty flash sites are not worth sh*t to us streamers long term. They are more up & down than Jordans knickers. They last a few weeks, then change name.

Quite frankly couldn't give a dog bollocks if meevos, wiicast or any of them go tits up. We got Veetle & P2P. Even Veetle only has one ad and i actually turn the ad blocker off when i use veetle as the ad is not annoying. So if these crap flash sites adopted same approach i might feel more kindly to them.

I use ads myself, nothing against them, but these flash sites suck in general, so they don't deserve to make money imo.

If 10 close down another 10 open. On we go.........:D

smerz
03-06-2011, 23:38
Then on top of that you have the sh!t again by the streamer them self with there ads.

Well that in my opinion should not be allowed. Putting any kind of advertisement on top of the streaming site's advertisements, I find questionable.

Just look at the running costs. It's just that.
If you got 10k - 20k viewers, at say 60 kb/s you're talking between 585 megabytes per second to almost a gigabyte of traffic per second.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
04-06-2011, 11:00
Here is a few pictures of a Bad Flash Streaming site using Firefox 4 and Ad Block Plus turned off(Sorry for the sizes im using a small monitor)...

Image 1
http://img.44paths.com/images/64778348032968868163.jpg

Image 2
http://img.44paths.com/images/89578301212938128679.jpg

Image 3
http://img.44paths.com/images/66415265202261339075.jpg

Notice where it says in image 2...

You are missing the plugin VLC to play videos

Now how many people have fallen victim to this as in fact its a malicious script.

ire92
04-06-2011, 14:34
is there something on chrome that can block ads?

PremierGames
04-06-2011, 17:34
is there something on chrome that can block ads?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

It doesnt block the Interactive Ads though.

Astounded
04-06-2011, 18:48
If you want streaming sites to even have a chance staying in business, you'll quit complaining about the ads.

While I don't agree with flash ads that put malicious software on your CPU (I wonder what ad company they are using for that to happen?), ads are our only source of revenue to pay for our servers.

Also, using an Adblocker might cause some running issues with the stream itself.

algi
04-06-2011, 19:45
Fair enough!I agree...you block the malicious ones then!
Better you astounded than me stunned! :D ;)

Astounded
04-06-2011, 20:21
Fair enough!I agree...you block the malicious ones then!
Better you astounded than me stunned! :D ;)

We wouldn't be using shady ad companies that try to add malware to their ads in the first place.

elctron
04-06-2011, 21:34
i'm not sure what u mean by " malicious " does it means viruses , torjans or what
unfortunatly all companies runs same ads that DMW posted
like xtendmedia , cpxinteractive which i can't call shady companies

i didn;t include adsense becoz if someone has the opportunity to use adsense
for sure he wont hesitate to use it and he is really forced to use the other companies
with thier annoying ads and their low cpm

algi
04-06-2011, 22:28
Malicious (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/malicious)...

Lethalstreams
05-06-2011, 19:08
Quite frankly couldn't give a dog bollocks if meevos, wiicast or any of them go tits up. We got Veetle & P2P. Even Veetle only has one ad and i actually turn the ad blocker off when i use veetle as the ad is not annoying. So if these crap flash sites adopted same approach i might feel more kindly to them.

I use ads myself, nothing against them, but these flash sites suck in general, so they don't deserve to make money imo.

Thing is veetle is back by venture capitalists so breaking even over a month and paying servers won't be very hard for them! unlike other, smaller flash sites.

U use ads yourself but yet when u stream on a flash platform ( which you have at some point ) you don't want them to use ads? and pay there servers which have to be way more then what your going to pay in extra bb and hosting? That's not right.. Now then again i don't agree with raping the situation either and covering sites/players with ads and pop ups but 1 or 2 ads on flash sites I'm well able and will put up with. I don't have the Internet upload to even dream about p2p or veetle and I don't think i will for awhile but for the moment I'm happy with all these "crap" flash sites and so are the majority of people that stream with myp2p.

If you want streaming sites to even have a chance staying in business, you'll quit complaining about the ads.

While I don't agree with flash ads that put malicious software on your CPU (I wonder what ad company they are using for that to happen?), ads are our only source of revenue to pay for our servers.

Also, using an Adblocker might cause some running issues with the stream itself.

I agree with you.. Need to make your costs back at the very least and I'm happy out using a flash site with a few ads cause only thing i can do with my poor upload! However there has to be a line when viruses and what not come into play Myp2p should warn them! Other then that i wouldn't ban any of them.. That's my humble opinion on the matter..

LS

quixote
05-06-2011, 22:53
************* im not bothered about a streaming platform having a AD on the player, my point is i do not care about them, whether they go bust or whatever. Reason for that is 99% of flash streaming sites are useless & unstable. They are always a last option for me when streaming. If there was a good flash site, that was reliable, stable, didn't ban and could hold more than 5,000 viewers, i would happily support it and disable ad blocker, but they don't.

Astounded what do you want a blue peter badge ? You have some front to give some "Winston churchill speech", you are just another site and will be gone in 6 months and next one pops along and so on & so on......... You ban streams, have small servers, what exactly do you offer over the other sites ?

As for
Also, using an Adblocker might cause some running issues with the stream itself. lol if you try that old trick, then your site will be quickly banned from here. Adblocker only causes a issue with streams if the site maker wants to be a annoying git.

Strmr.TV
05-06-2011, 23:51
Just FYI, anything posted about our site is not official unless it is posted from this account. Astounded is not a part of our official team, just a communicator, and frankly I'm not sure why he is in this thread arguing.

We will never block streams for those with adblocker, feel free to use it whenever you want.

Regards

Lethalstreams
06-06-2011, 00:01
************* im not bothered about a streaming platform having a AD on the player, my point is i do not care about them, whether they go bust or whatever. Reason for that is 99% of flash streaming sites are useless & unstable. They are always a last option for me when streaming. If there was a good flash site, that was reliable, stable, didn't ban and could hold more than 5,000 viewers, i would happily support it and disable ad blocker, but they don't.

Astounded what do you want a blue peter badge ? You have some front to give some "Winston churchill speech", you are just another site and will be gone in 6 months and next one pops along and so on & so on......... You ban streams, have small servers, what exactly do you offer over the other sites ?

As for lol if you try that old trick, then your site will be quickly banned from here. Adblocker only causes a issue with streams if the site maker wants to be a annoying git.

Suppose everyones entitled to your own opinion..

Yeh don't agree with blocking Ad Block I've only used the program once or twice but i know there is a fault with the pre-roll ads and ad blocker that stops the auto start of a jw player.. It's the reason a very reliable platform is banned on here and one that me and few other streamers enjoy using.. so I think if you don't see the thing like jtv says which they mean to block Ad blocker then should think twice before banning a platform, only a very small percentage of people know and use ad blocker.. imo

elctron
06-06-2011, 00:03

and who told u that jtv or ustream was reliable and 100% stable since day one
i remember before Euro 2008 when jtv used to crash at 24K viewers then at 50K then 100K when they were using thier own servers
then next season we had very very hard time with JTV at saturday 3pm games when were not able to connect with FME at all we had to try like 20 times to get connected , and for the viwers they had to refresh like 10times to pick up the stream ,,
it took them years to be 100% stable
and the only way to do that is by using CDN provider like Akamai which is very expinsive
so they started the pro accounts and more ads

how u want the flash sites to grow and be stable without ADs ?? i don't get it

only if these ads contains torjans , viruses and harmuful things then I say NO

i would like to see the number of the flash streaming sites gets bigger
will be happy to see like 100 of them and let them grow
i just don;t want the DMCA cops to win, let them hire more people and lose money
but not win

at the end there are someone was able to watch the game he wanted to see without paying for it

quixote
06-06-2011, 00:17
Some people obviously struggle to read, can you point out, when i stated these sites should run AD free ? I simply stated i do not care about them, and with offering such crap service i do not wish to support them.

JTV/Ustream are sites we will never see again, mainly due to the fact once you become that big, you become even strictet on live sporting events, so whilst it's good these sites hold lots of viewers now, reality is we don't want another JTV/Ustream.

The reality is flash streaming is DEAD, every single site is under the DMCA grip, if you ignore it, they either sue you or close you down. The only reason 90% of streamers carry on streaming on flash, is down to making money off ad revenue, and i include myself in that. Because it is a FACT you would not spend as much time replacing a feed every 5/10 minutes if you didn't have the carrot dangling in front of you.

I would love to see Admin ban ads just for 1 week, and watch how many of these "passionate" streamers still stream on flash.lol

Half the people on this thread would not be around if ads was not allowed, now nothing wrong in making money off streaming if you put in the effort & time to provide a quality service, but then at least bat with a straight bat, and try not to paint a different picture why you so passionate.

I know i will still be streaming if ads are not allowed, how many others on this thread can say same thing......

P.S this a great debate, and im glad it's being allowed.

Lethalstreams
06-06-2011, 00:30
Some people obviously struggle to read, can you point out, when i stated these sites should run AD free ? I simply stated i do not care about them, and with offering such crap service i do not wish to support them.

JTV/Ustream are sites we will never see again, mainly due to the fact once you become that big, you become even strictet on live sporting events, so whilst it's good these sites hold lots of viewers now, reality is we don't want another JTV/Ustream.

The reality is flash streaming is DEAD, every single site is under the DMCA grip, if you ignore it, they either sue you or close you down. The only reason 90% of streamers carry on streaming on flash, is down to making money off ad revenue, and i include myself in that. Because it is a FACT you would not spend as much time replacing a feed every 5/10 minutes if you didn't have the carrot dangling in front of you.

I would love to see Admin ban ads just for 1 week, and watch how many of these "passionate" streamers still stream on flash.lol

Half the people on this thread would not be around if ads was not allowed, now nothing wrong in making money off streaming if you put in the effort & time to provide a quality service, but then at least bat with a straight bat, and try not to paint a different picture why you so passionate.

I know i will still be streaming if ads are not allowed, how many others on this thread can say same thing......

P.S this a great debate, and im glad it's being allowed.

Flash isn't really dead tho is it? more and more people are using flash for everything so it will always be alive.. I for one wouldn't mind at all seeing the flash sites around making it as big as jtv and ustream and be 100% stable..

Last time i had to change my feed every 5/10 mins was when i used ustream last season.. so these new flash sites are great until we all are gifted with great internet!

Streaming without ads.. hmmm. well i used for a bit but atm I just about cover my monthly hosting costs and I'm down to one ad on my website so I'd say i would continue streaming without ads.. ever since Adsense got strict theres been piddle all money in the other various ads companies anyway.. but then again MyP2P makes its money off Bet365 and other affiliates so I think streamers should be entitled to make a few bob too..

Totally off the point here but what capture card you use?

elctron
06-06-2011, 00:41
I simply stated i do not care about them, and with offering such crap service i do not wish to support them.
do u think if these " crap " does not exist the p2p programs will be safe
it will be thier next step to hunt down ,, just look back during world cup
and see what happend to sopcast

The reality is flash streaming is DEAD, every single site is under the DMCA grip, if you ignore it, they either sue you or close you down
and thats why i said i want to see the number of the falsh streaming sites gets bigger
they are playing cat & mouse with the dmca cops

is down to making money off ad revenue, and i include myself in that. Because it is a FACT you would not spend as much time replacing a feed every 5/10 minutes if you didn't have the carrot dangling in front of you.

this subject discussed like million times , and i agree with u
but again at the end the reuslt is more streamers more streams more options to the veiwer
and some one was able to watch the game he wanted for free

also none of these new flash streaming sites bans every 10 mins
only ustream and JTV becoz the they offered take down tool to the copy right holders

i'm using castamp zonein veemi and meevos the fastest ban was like 30 mins
and most of times will be at half time or at th end of the game

quixote
06-06-2011, 01:40
I use the Videomate c100 internal capture card, get it off dabs.com for less than 20. Great little card, only cost me 8:)

I agree with what both of you say in general, just im biased, in the sense i feel the streamer deserves to make a extra few quid and hold no issue with it. Whilst these streaming server sites generally p*ss me off and i don't have same cheerleading passion for them;)

All though as im sure you both know, making money off ads, is a big old evil thing;) i await robin hood to pop into the thread :D

Redbullsnation
06-06-2011, 02:47
this is y I use flash almost exclusively for the college game. Cause I don't need 7 ppl telling me that my site has popups on it :D and I can post the direct link :p

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
07-06-2011, 00:25
Have a read of this guys - Compiled list of banned/not allowed Flash Sites (http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/53401-%21%21%21please-read%21%21%21?p=1295494#post1295494)

Lethalstreams
07-06-2011, 01:42
Have a read of this guys - Compiled list of banned/not allowed Flash Sites (http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/53401-%21%21%21please-read%21%21%21?p=1295494#post1295494)

Had a look down the list there and some are fair enough just few questions..

Why ye banning sites with other sites on the servers?

Also, You banned my two favourite websites (seeon and wiicast) for blocking ads? but never blocked zonein? (uses same player afaik)
As far as i can tell its not seeon or wiicast blocking them on purpose its a problem with jwplayer there both using so thats a bit unfair! Jtv blocks on purpose and they even tell you they do it but yet direct links are allowed?

Also if your gonna be fair then Xuuby.tv rtmp is (rtmp://live.xuuby.com/strmrtv) so i presume it is affiliated with http://www.strmr.tv/..

I dunno will many of the streamers agree with banning popular and stable streaming websites such as mips, seeon and wiicast .. and to a certain extent aliez but thats the worst offender.. I don't think i do agree with banning at least these 3 and maybe a few more..

Maybe the wiicast can get rid that movies bit on player, i've switched to their flowplayer since i seen that and its clean.. that would sort them.. as for others dont see a massive problem with them (seeon and mips)..

That's my opinion.. some might agree some wont...

LS

Strmr.TV
07-06-2011, 03:24
Xuuby's not associated with us, whoever owns that site tried to steal/hotlink our servers, but we then added protection to our servers (notice it doesnt work if you try to use it there)

As far as for sites they wish to disallow, its MYP2P's choice on what criteria they want to set for sites, which must meet the requirements or be on their own. I think we should respect that, considering MYP2P is the number 1 source of traffic for sites like ours. If an ad is messing up JWplayer with adblocker (I think spotxchange may do this?), then it is the site's responsibility to remove that ad network from their rotation.

Regards,
Strmr.TV

icerefjm1
07-06-2011, 03:40
I might also add that sites with premium services like seeon, will add the streamers stream AD FREE as part of the pay service. So they make extra free money off of your time & effort & that just ain't right.

As for this: "Why ye banning sites with other sites on the servers?"

They just can't handle the volume of viewers. So you get lag complaints in your chat, we get the same complaints in the threads, so just not worth allowing them. Otherwise, they can host 10000 sites as far as we care, but they need the capacity to handle them.

Wii-cast & mips started using popups & scripts. Wii-cast was given a chance to fix their site. Got this on more than one occasion:
"Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?
Skeptical? I don't blame you because I felt the same way when I heard about it.
Then I found this Blog where some guy is making $10k a month or more using this system!.
Click "Cancel" to read what Totally convinced me.
Finally I found the way to beat the Recession and Spend more time with my family and have Financial Security all for $2.00!
Press OK to continue, or Cancel to stay on the current page."

huligancho
07-06-2011, 13:07
zonein is not watchable for me , if I don't use adBlock then exactly every minute an video ad shows above the player , like the pre-roll :(

FootyLive
07-06-2011, 13:30
zonein is not watchable for me , if I don't use adBlock then exactly every minute an video ad shows above the player , like the pre-roll :(

This normally happens for about 2-3 minutes yes, but it does stop eventually ;)

Lethalstreams
07-06-2011, 13:43
I might also add that sites with premium services like seeon, will add the streamers stream AD FREE as part of the pay service. So they make extra free money off of your time & effort & that just ain't right.

As for this: "Why ye banning sites with other sites on the servers?"

They just can't handle the volume of viewers. So you get lag complaints in your chat, we get the same complaints in the threads, so just not worth allowing them. Otherwise, they can host 10000 sites as far as we care, but they need the capacity to handle them.

Wii-cast & mips started using popups & scripts. Wii-cast was given a chance to fix their site. Got this on more than one occasion:
"Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?
Skeptical? I don't blame you because I felt the same way when I heard about it.
Then I found this Blog where some guy is making $10k a month or more using this system!.
Click "Cancel" to read what Totally convinced me.
Finally I found the way to beat the Recession and Spend more time with my family and have Financial Security all for $2.00!
Press OK to continue, or Cancel to stay on the current page."

Don't mind the premium services tbh. once stream is stable.. saying that i wont ever be buying a premium service.

Still tho thats only there hosting server? Surely if there was 1000's off that it would still be fine and wouldnt lag the streams? It's there cdn and origin servers that would be effected if there linked up to a 1000's sites? which there prob not..

kk pop ups on mips not seen but thats fair enought. and althought i haven't seen that ad on wiicast its prob best that they remove it.. would being on mac haven't anything to do with not seeing it?

Edit: Anyone notice wiicast removed there pay services? seeon have not from player tho

algi
07-06-2011, 14:15
This is a great discussion...keep it going because we all learn from each other.
Just for everybody(caring :)) knowledge of where I stand:I believe that without ads we wouldn't be here;the point is to know where to stop and say enough is enough.I mean by the site or server owner.
As far as malicious items are concerned it goes witout saying...obviously.

huligancho
07-06-2011, 14:31
This normally happens for about 2-3 minutes yes, but it does stop eventually ;)

do you know how many times they display that ad ? last times I tried , when the ad showed for the third time I switched to other stream

quixote
07-06-2011, 14:59
What i find most annoying is, people constantly break the rules set. By this i mean half the players you have banned will be in use. On that banned list is one i would love to use, but i can't, because i stick by the rules, so it's kind of annoying fact people are allowed to bend the rules and get away with it.

Im guessing is no punishment for openly using a banned site to stream on ? cause if there is no one listens!

screensports
07-06-2011, 15:12
I really don't understand why Streamhq.TV not allowed. It offers domain protection and seems to be much stable than Meevos or Castamp. Picture quality is really good. The only thing is I didn't manage to get work it with rtmpdump.
Megalive also provides good quality streams and it's serious video streaming service as it's run by Megaupload.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
07-06-2011, 15:21
I really don't understand why Streamhq.TV not allowed. It offers domain protection and seems to be much stable than Meevos or Castamp. Picture quality is really good. The only thing is I didn't manage to get work it with rtmpdump.
Megalive also provides good quality streams and it's serious video streaming service as it's run by Megaupload.

Sorry icerefjm1 must have edited it but Streamhq.TV is not allowed as it uses other names and streaming sites like...

lankajustin.tv
criclk.info
lankacricket.info
lankajustin.com
entertainlk.info

quixote
07-06-2011, 15:34
Megalive is cow dung, when i was using it, it would not allow me to access the FME encoder file, also it lags like hell AND has a premium service. So why would they aloow it:confused:

FootyLive
07-06-2011, 16:02
do you know how many times they display that ad ? last times I tried , when the ad showed for the third time I switched to other stream

Am not certain tbh as i havent used it for a while myself - Think its about 3-4 times but unsure exactly.

dart180
07-06-2011, 17:33
Megalive is cow dung, when i was using it, it would not allow me to access the FME encoder file, also it lags like hell AND has a premium service. So why would they aloow it:confused:

just would like to say I think Megalive is on the "not allowed" list

szpr
07-06-2011, 17:49
for the one who asked about wii-cast premium, yes I also seen they removed their movies sites from player. zonein ads are really really annoying, also a lot of ppl keep complaining about jimey.tv ads and are also really really bad, keeps appearing like every 3 minutes for 30 seconds and can't be closed. for NBA was really sh*t, most of ppl didnt watch the plays cause of their ads so I think these 2 sites shouldn't be allowed too

quixote
07-06-2011, 17:50
Why Seeon is not in allowed list? their service is totally FREE to watch..they have the option to premium just for remove ads only like Ustream, there is no restrictions to watch a full game with no interruptions...please revised *********

thanks

With a Premium account, you get the following benefits:

All channels: you can watch all channels, including all Public and Private channels.
Dedicated servers: you will be watching on separate dedicated servers from all guests and regular users. This will ensure you have the highest priority in streaming.
Ads free: you will enjoy with no ads at all, no banners, no video ads, no waiting time.

Not just that is it though, bit i highlighted says alot. Stick us free users on the shit or unstable servers, and keep the good servers for people who pay ? no thanks!

Lethalstreams
07-06-2011, 18:01
Not just that is it though, bit i highlighted says alot. Stick us free users on the shit or unstable servers, and keep the good servers for people who pay ? no thanks!

I'd say that has to be bullsh!t.. just to entice people to sign up for premium.. I don't mind premium that show no ads on the sites but to offer something like different servers is defo just a PR stunt and I'm nearly 99% sure that seeon premium and seeon free is the same quality..

Why Seeon is not in allowed list? their service is totally FREE to watch..they have the option to premium just for remove ads only like Ustream, there is no restrictions to watch a full game with no interruptions...please revise *********

thanks

I would second this revise and put forward one for http://************/ to be revised too..

Btw.. think its great to see this debate allowed!

FootyLive
07-06-2011, 18:34
I been watching this thread for a while but held back from commentating on certain things because last time i got told off and thread closed :P

What i find most annoying is, people constantly break the rules set. By this i mean half the players you have banned will be in use. On that banned list is one i would love to use, but i can't, because i stick by the rules, so it's kind of annoying fact people are allowed to bend the rules and get away with it.

Plus 1 on that, i too have noticed alot of people using banned sites and nothing seems to happen, theres a couple of streaming sites that i used to use alot now on the banned list but i dont use them no more as i try my best to follow the rules. Maybe this should be enforced a little ;)

I would second this revise and put forward one for http://************/ to be revised too..

Disagree - Wii-cast has USED myp2p to get popular, now they dont care about us, if people want to use adblocker than that is there choice - they shouldnt have to disable adblocker. Dont get me wrong i personally liked this site and used it alot but if it dont follow myp2p rules anymore than its a no no.

One last thing i'd like to add some streamers are quite frankly taking the pi$$ with the adverts, I have noticed some that follow the rules nicely at start of events probably untill the admin and mods have checked them then 15-20 minutes into the event more adverts appear hmmmm.
Also im not sure if this is against the rules or not but theres a couple of sites (no names mentioned for now :P) that use instream ads, thats fine but this pops back up every 5minutes or there abouts. To me that should not be allowed either. If you use instream and yes i use them myself then when there close it that should be it gone.

screensports
07-06-2011, 18:38
I wonder if it is possible to stream by using rtmpdump+vlc, that way you won't have any issues with ads. :-)

quixote
07-06-2011, 18:46
One last thing i'd like to add some streamers are quite frankly taking the pi$$ with the adverts, I have noticed some that follow the rules nicely at start of events probably untill the admin and mods have checked them then 15-20 minutes into the event more adverts appear hmmmm.
Also im not sure if this is against the rules or not but theres a couple of sites (no names mentioned for now :P) that use instream ads, thats fine but this pops back up every 5minutes or there abouts. To me that should not be allowed either. If you use instream and yes i use them myself then when there close it that should be it gone.

LOL this so true, sometimes when bored i just browse a few of the football streaming sites, like other day. I went on one, it has a on screen ad, with a fake close X. When i clicked it, it opened up another page, when i tried to close it, the page wouldn't close and the ad was still not closed on the player!

Lethalstreams
07-06-2011, 18:56
Disagree - Wii-cast has USED myp2p to get popular, now they dont care about us, if people want to use adblocker than that is there choice - they shouldnt have to disable adblocker. Dont get me wrong i personally liked this site and used it alot but if it dont follow myp2p rules anymore than its a no no.

Well considering they changed there player within hours of this thread mentioning it? And form the looks of it changed there embed page abit.. I would think they still care about US. Also as I've said before the adblocker is a fault with Jwplayer and a plugin, its the same with seeon

LOL this so true, sometimes when bored i just browse a few of the football streaming sites, like other day. I went on one, it has a on screen ad, with a fake close X. When i clicked it, it opened up another page, when i tried to close it, the page wouldn't close and the ad was still not closed on the player!

To me that sh!t is worse and should be a name and shame section? I'm not one to "Rat" on someone but if streaming platforms that have served use well are coming down on stricter conditions then so should streamers websites! I'll name someone if there taking the piss..

Also Trafficrevenue ads.. Be careful with them bit dodgy.. i use them on my site atm. just 1 and seems ok but they have an invisible code that has caused some annoying pop ups and malicious ads to show..

quixote
07-06-2011, 19:00
I use Trafficrevenue, i speak with the owner hes very helpful. I did notice one day i got some "pop up blocker" and have since removed the slide banner gone with a "normal ad". But i will e-mail him asking to sort the random pop up...

huligancho
07-06-2011, 19:02

I think the is the latest and the "best" ripe off , I see that more and more :(

Lethalstreams
07-06-2011, 19:04
I use Trafficrevenue, i speak with the owner hes very helpful. I did notice one day i got some "pop up blocker" and have since removed the slide banner gone with a "normal ad". But i will e-mail him asking to sort the random pop up...

Ask him about the invisible Ad code too please

<script src="http://www.trafficrevenue.net/loadadlite.js?username=SITE-NAME"></script>

Thats the code..

quixote
07-06-2011, 19:18
Ask him about the invisible Ad code too please

Thats the code..

Ive never used that code. The name alone makes me abit iffy. But the normal ad banners are just like adsense or any other site and cause no issues. A week or so back the slide banner was showing as a virus with AVG, i contacted him and he sorted it.

Any issues >> support@trafficrevenue.net very helpful and not like other ad networks......

FootyLive
08-06-2011, 15:39
Currently showing

West Indies vs. India

12 Streams listed on myp2p :) 4 of which using banned streaming Sites :(

quixote
08-06-2011, 15:50
Currently showing

West Indies vs. India

12 Streams listed on myp2p :) 4 of which using banned streaming Sites :(

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8397/43522973.png

szpr
09-06-2011, 22:08
another site here...

http://i51.tinypic.com/so9yyg.png

quixote
09-06-2011, 22:43
Is Wii-cast actually banned, because one streamer that has the player on his site 24/7 and always using it and is still listed. Ive noticed this for weeks now, given he has his ad on the player window itself, unless you disable ad blocker you can't watch the stream, meaning it forces you to close/watch his ads.

It's a pretty easy trick to force people to view the ads. Doesn't take Stephen Hawkins to work out, if you got people clicking your ads, you earn more......;)

PremierGames
10-06-2011, 18:11
Ive been using the Wii-cast FLOWPLAYER and I still stay listed....
The Flowplayer only has the one AD at the start which you are able to cross of straight away.

Lethalstreams
10-06-2011, 19:02
Ive been using the Wii-cast FLOWPLAYER and I still stay listed....
The Flowplayer only has the one AD at the start which you are able to cross of straight away.

Agree.. Be like freedocast is allowed when you frame out pop up.. Well wiicast should be allowed when we use flowplayer! imo

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
10-06-2011, 19:13
If you guys ever find a streamer breaking the rules just report it..

http://img.44paths.com/images/56157374940383314463.jpg

Note: If there is no post by the user to report just report your own or report one of my posts so Admin and Moderators get the message.

PremierGames
10-06-2011, 20:56
Could a Mod looking into allowing the FLOWPLAYER, player from Wii-cast?

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
10-06-2011, 21:15
Could a Mod looking into allowing the FLOWPLAYER, player from Wii-cast?

Ill take a look if i can find a stream using the Flowplayer.

Also out of curiosity i checked your site the Channel 4 button is also using a not allowed streaming site(icaston.tv).

PremierGames
10-06-2011, 21:19
Ill take a look if i can find a stream using the Flowplayer.

Also out of curiosity i checked your site the Channel 4 button is also using a not allowed streaming site(icaston.tv).

OK, You want me to put a stream on so you can check it? and Sorry, I havent put channel 4 down for anything so dont know why the streamer is streaming... :)

EDIT: Icaston removed from channel 4

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
10-06-2011, 21:23
OK, You want me to put a stream on so you can check it? and Sorry, I havent put channel 4 down for anything so dont know why the streamer is streaming... :)

Yer go head ill take a look... :)

PremierGames
10-06-2011, 21:36
Streams on: http://premier--games.net/

The 320x250 ad on the player sound plays even if you have ad blocker (CHROME), Ime talking to the wii-cast admin and there going to sort that out.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
10-06-2011, 21:44
Took a look but that video ad is a no no plus who's is the youtube bit yours our wii-cast's...?

Is there not a script you could run in you code to disable that video ad.

http://img.44paths.com/images/42614123181964326740.jpg

PremierGames
10-06-2011, 21:47
Right, they just told me their sorting the ad out, so we will wait and see, and the youtube video is mine.

huligancho
10-06-2011, 21:58
Streams on: http://premier--games.net/

The 320x250 ad on the player sound plays even if you have ad blocker (CHROME), Ime talking to the wii-cast admin and there going to sort that out.

FF AdBlock plus block the player too :(

PremierGames
10-06-2011, 22:10
FF AdBlock plus block the player too :(

Ye just with chrome it seems?

huligancho
10-06-2011, 22:32
yeah, with Chrome is Ok, but FF I see only the chat

screensports
11-06-2011, 01:22
I think ********* should be allowed. They have ads but you can access stream with Adblock PLus enabled. All you have to do is to launch stream and wait around 10 seconds and stream appears.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
11-06-2011, 10:39
Dead Man Walking: I agree with screensports you should allow ********* ..it works SAME to Ustream or Veemi and similar sites on allowed list, their premium service its optional to remove ads, with their free service you can watch without restrictions full games

As far as im aware so long as it has a premium service "as is not free" its not allowed, maybe Admin can clarify...:)

Plus have you not noticed where most the streams are coming from a payed for rip off site ?

Here is one example just off the other day that MyP2P has to deal with...

this is the link...st://A1MCgpwEdUsDSwWCoAHIgBbEgafIQcoHDpKJkb1RZuWCihcEQk I0VYpBB2RlZmF1bHSKoh5TcG9ydHMsIEdlbmVyYWwsIFdvcmxk V2lkZSBGdW4=

noticed there is no http
It's for a MLB game
I've downloaded mega codecs pac, reinstalled WMP and tried all sorts of things.
I'm about to give up and eat the $40 I paid for access to these services.

screensports
11-06-2011, 13:34
As far as im aware so long as it has a premium service "as is not free" its not allowed, maybe Admin can clarify...:)

Plus have you not noticed where most the streams are coming from a payed for rip off site ?

Here is one example just off the other day that MyP2P has to deal with...

Justin TV also has paid premium service. And difference with ********* is on free service they don't restrict bandwidth like Justin TV. Jimey.tv is a crap. When I open Jimey channel from their website it is buffering no picture and when it's working, it's stuttering.

PremierGames
11-06-2011, 14:10
Just out of intrest, how comes Zonein is allowed but Wii-cast isnt?

Zonein has the interactive ad aswell what still plays with ad blocker...?

quixote
11-06-2011, 14:34
Just out of intrest, how comes Zonein is allowed but Wii-cast isnt?

Zonein has the interactive ad aswell what still plays with ad blocker...?

I thought reason why Wii-cast is banned is down to fact you must turn off ad blocker to actually get the stream to work, i don't mind seeing a ad even with ad blocker on, but fact stream won't load unless i turn it off is annoying,

If Wiicast want to feature on here then why don't they simply remove that ?

Lethalstreams
11-06-2011, 16:28
My understanding is that they are not blocking the ads.. It is same as zonein it's to do with Jw player,. It's same with seeon.. Unlike jtv who are blocking purposely it is something with their player and from emailing Wiicast they seem the baffled as to why it is blocking that's why they let flowplayer available to show they do not mean to block!

icerefjm1
11-06-2011, 16:51
Wii-cast had the 2 issues including the paid movie link. They were given a week to fix that stuff & never responded or fixed anything so they were put back on the disallowed list for the 2nd time. NOW they are doing something & want to be allowed again for the 3rd time. How many chances do these sites want? And then what will be the next thing in the future that gets added? Maybe if they contact Admin like another site did guaranteeing their intentions, they might be given a final chance.

As for seeon, as it's been said, a site with a pay service has not been allowed for some time now. It's still under some discussion, but many are skeptical about it. In the past, some not allowed sites started that way, then when they got popular thanks to myp2p, they changed to 100% pay only. :(

PremierGames
11-06-2011, 17:12
My understanding is that they are not blocking the ads.. It is same as zonein it's to do with Jw player,. It's same with seeon.. Unlike jtv who are blocking purposely it is something with their player and from emailing Wiicast they seem the baffled as to why it is blocking that's why they let flowplayer available to show they do not mean to block!

There on the verge of fixing.. ;)

quixote
11-06-2011, 18:09
On the topic of debating what should be banned.

May i ask regarding
live vdo.tv - v share.tv

I remember vsh*re very well, and was and still is the best flash streaming platform around, i know why it's been banned, due to at one stage it asking you to install a toolbar, then later asking for phone numbers.

BUT regarding their new site, live vdo.tv is this actually banned solely due to it being owned by same people, or is it banned because it still has the annoying asking for phone numbers before viewing crap ?

Because if the new site is just like any flash site, surely worth giving it ago until they actually start pulling silly stunts ?

screensports
12-06-2011, 10:02

May i ask regarding

I remember vsh*re very well, and was and still is the best flash streaming platform around, i know why it's been banned, due to at one stage it asking you to install a toolbar, then later asking for phone numbers.

BUT regarding their new site, live vdo.tv is this actually banned solely due to it being owned by same people, or is it banned because it still has the annoying asking for phone numbers before viewing crap ?

Because if the new site is just like any flash site, surely worth giving it ago until they actually start pulling silly stunts ?

Maybe it's banned because you have to wait a minute until stream starts and they ask you to SMS if you want to view immediately streams.

livesoccer
12-06-2011, 13:13
they are banned since it required silverlight plugin

screensports
12-06-2011, 13:21

I managed to watch Live vdo tv with flash player.

ultimax
12-06-2011, 13:35

May i ask regarding

I had contact with the admin from livevdo and he say only at HD-button you get a SMS-ad.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
12-06-2011, 14:27

News to me and why would silverlight be banned...?

livesoccer
12-06-2011, 17:51
we were using Vs. and it was good till they changed their player and forced viewers to install silverlight plugin so some complained about this that they dont want to install anything for watching and some rookies thought its virus etc..

once in a time Vs. admin told me that using teh silverlight is the only way to make profit for them at that time, perhaps they were making some bucks for each plugin installation.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
12-06-2011, 20:29
@************* & nutjob look here (http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/57124-Blocking-Ads-on-Flash-Streams?p=1297495#post1297495). ;)

quixote
12-06-2011, 20:40
@************* & nutjob look here (http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/57124-Blocking-Ads-on-Flash-Streams?p=1297495#post1297495). ;)

Since my post has just been removed on the other thread, i will point it out here.

************* aka leestreams aka the other 6 + sites he uses/has used in the past is the owner of Wiicast. As you know from this thread DMW, im one of the people saying it should be banned and the guy is angry at it. This is why ALL his sites use Wiicast when no mod/admin is looking.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/4316430745.png

This is why he has a grudge with me, also whilst your here he also runs *************.tv a RIP OFF of MYP2P, as you can see on same server as his other sites, AND ALSO, go to his profile & click his homepage link and it redirects too it!

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/members/108176-*************

Be quick before he changes it! ive shown a few already just incase he changes it!;)

Also his "legal myp2p"(lol) is using wiicast and has a ad that you can't close and the one you try to close opens up a pop up http://postimage.org/image/20mcf6490/

Regarding me, i know the rules and never break them, Admin listed my wrong site for UFC so i redirected people to the correct one, which met the rules of MYP2P.

I had no idea until like 12am the wrong site was listed, when im not streaming on myp2p, i have any number of ads i want, when i am streaming on MYP2P i keep within the rules. It is not my fault the wrong site was listed.

But im happy he has made a grudge with me as ive truly exposed him.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
12-06-2011, 20:47
Yes i think all us mods knew he was the owner/partner of Wiicast but i never knew about the myp2p ripoff lets see what Admin thinks.

quixote
12-06-2011, 20:53
Yes i think all us mods knew he was the owner/partner of Wiicast but i never knew about the myp2p ripoff lets see what Admin thinks.

Mate im honest, get on with all streamers, and help out around the forums doing schedules. Fact he went out his way to try and expose me and get me banned, when im innocent has peed me off. He has done it cause him and his groupies who own all those sites and wiicast i have affected the revenue they make and they want me gone!

If you check the UFC thread & weekly fighting schedule thread, you will see i had right site listed for ufc, and admin has listed wrong one by mistake. was no biggie. so i redirected people to right one. i was not being a "greedy bastard" as he put it. i won't deny in the week when my site is not in use i have 4 ads. but i always have 3 and never more than 3 ads when i stream and myp2p list me.

Ive been around for nearly 3yrs, like to think ive proved something........

anyway had my say, leave it to admin now :)

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
12-06-2011, 21:16
Ok wii-cast is definitely now not allowed and ************* has taken a permanent vacation. :)

SportingTV
12-06-2011, 21:22
seeon is supposed to be banned but I still see it around a lot.

4th stream from the top (http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=119695&part=sports)
8th stream from the top (http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=119860&part=sports)

etc. etc.

I haven't been listed multiple times because I've started my stream only 15-20 mins in advance instead of 30 but these guys get on the list with banned platforms?

lethalstreams34534
13-06-2011, 00:56
<explanation>

Since my post has just been removed on the other thread, i will point it out here.

************* aka leestreams aka the other 6 + sites he uses/has used in the past is the owner of Wiicast. As you know from this thread DMW, im one of the people saying it should be banned and the guy is angry at it. This is why ALL his sites use Wiicast when no mod/admin is looking.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/4316430745.png

This is why he has a grudge with me, also whilst your here he also runs *************.tv a RIP OFF of MYP2P, as you can see on same server as his other sites, AND ALSO, go to his profile & click his homepage link and it redirects too it!

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/members/108176-*************

Be quick before he changes it! ive shown a few already just incase he changes it!;)

Also his "legal myp2p"(lol) is using wiicast and has a ad that you can't close and the one you try to close opens up a pop up http://postimage.org/image/20mcf6490/

Regarding me, i know the rules and never break them, Admin listed my wrong site for UFC so i redirected people to the correct one, which met the rules of MYP2P.

I had no idea until like 12am the wrong site was listed, when im not streaming on myp2p, i have any number of ads i want, when i am streaming on MYP2P i keep within the rules. It is not my fault the wrong site was listed.

But im happy he has made a grudge with me as ive truly exposed him.

Ok lads this gotta a bit out of hand.. I'll prob get banned again but I don't think i should have but anyway i'll plead my case

@nutjob i have 0 grudge against you.. Absolutely none.. why would i? your streams mint and i used enjoy it before i got all the equipment to stream! It was just showing cause i read about it and i just wanted to see if it was perfectly allowed or not.. fair enough he listed wrong site ok.. Why would i pick a fight with u? ur a mod and a well respect person on here your the last id pick a fight with!

@servers.. Thats a shared server in which we all pay a certain amount each month for.. I have my site on it (*************.info) and the rest i have 0 control over.. i didnt even know u cud check what sites are on it.. All i knew was that ************** was on it and super sportz and sportzrus .. i genuinely dont have a clue what else was on it!I know all 3 of them site owners very good and knew them before i even heard myp2p so this is a very cheap way for us to have a massive server and it has worked for the last 4/5 months! I talk to a few streamers on here and we are friends so this made get sense to pool together for a proper server instead of paying more money for a sh!t one which i used do.. I've contacted owner of the server about the said site that i "own" but end of day it is not my server so he puts on what he wants.. Is like renting a room in a house i suppose i get my space and others get theirs!

"This is why he has a grudge with me, also whilst your here he also runs *************.tv a RIP OFF of MYP2P, as you can see on same server as his other sites, AND ALSO, go to his profile & click his homepage link and it redirects too it!"

Just seen this act! I dont own that domain anymore! I didnt even know it existed! Ask admin i recently changed my domain to .info because my old one ran up and i wanted change! Afaik that domain name was dead.. but obv not! Im being done here by server guy and i didnt even know it :mad_new:.. Admin will tell u i had used the webs.com pages for awhile cause i didnt have a domain and was true his direction i got one to stop being annoying! I ask for domain its bought! i left tha tsite run out on purpose and cudnt buy it back for some reason so i bought *************.info

^^ thats gone and so is another site that was on it.. i was talking lad and he said he dont want the hassle so he removed them and kicked the guy out of the server or some shit i dunno all i know is there gone!

@me also that link u linked here.. the *************.info.. i dont use that page.. i use the *************.info/channel1.html i got rid of that stupid overlay ages ago and i most certainly do not and will ever have them stupid pop ups.. i've vented my hatred for them on here many time on here.. so unless its that.. also that ad overlay code is available online and is one on a few sites around here i think!

@wiicast problem... I've explained this alot on here i have no affiliation with wiicast.. none.. i dont "own" or "co-own" or "work" or anything u call it for them.. the only thing i have with wiicast is a *************_ account on their webiste.. I also have one on ustream justin seeon and that i use them to stream thats it! Yes i have contacted them on a few occasions and again before to tell them sort out so i can use but so have other members? Premier Games has on many occasions others have too! I too have contacted zonein in the past and i know a few with contact to zonein! I have said this to admin in the past and i thought he understood me.. I dont have anything to do with wiicast nothing.. My relationship with wiicast has been making channels and email them to sort out their players! I've said im a fan of them yeh and i like using them? But doesnt people have their favourites? Prem games likes his wiicast.. Nutjob and VIP love veetle.. i wouldnt blame them.. theres a few more who people use often and everyone is entitled to their favourites?

To say im truely exposed is a statement tbh.. Everything is perfectly explainable.. and is all "legit"! I've built up what i thought was a good relationship with mods and admin even streamers over the last what 18 months ish maybe more

Mate im honest, get on with all streamers, and help out around the forums doing schedules. Fact he went out his way to try and expose me and get me banned, when im innocent has peed me off. He has done it cause him and his groupies who own all those sites and wiicast i have affected the revenue they make and they want me gone!

If you check the UFC thread & weekly fighting schedule thread, you will see i had right site listed for ufc, and admin has listed wrong one by mistake. was no biggie. so i redirected people to right one. i was not being a "greedy bastard" as he put it. i won't deny in the week when my site is not in use i have 4 ads. but i always have 3 and never more than 3 ads when i stream and myp2p list me.

Ive been around for nearly 3yrs, like to think ive proved something........

anyway had my say, leave it to admin now :)

I never once called u a greedy basterd either! I ain't a bad guy fs! And also here the fact that im innocent is pissing me off too!

" He has done it cause him and his groupies who own all those sites and wiicast i have affected the revenue they make and they want me gone!"

What groupies? As explained above ive nothing to do with wiicast.. ive said it 100's of times.. i share and server that in no way shape or form is linked to wiicast and is something i have zero control over.! having looked at you picture tho of that reverse ip? I have contacted the server lad to see what exactly is going on.. like i said i thought was 4 myp2p sites on it but obv not!

Anyway imma get banned id say but said id plead my case.. Nutjob.. lad ive nothing against u.. i didnt try to get u "banned" and i wasnt tryna be sneaking i said out in open like u just did there! I wanted to clarify something and it has been imo! i cud have mailed admin as cud have u so that is good u didnt! I think i have perfectly explained my case here although it is rather long im sorry! I should hope someone see's the truth in this! I dont own the server.. Althought i do own *************.info and for the last time please.. i have nothing to do with wiicast.. i as much to do with wiicast as u with veetle.. we both stream on them and have accounts.. thats about it m8! to ban me so switly wasn't really fair i don't think.. Everything is easily explained and i have done.. I will continue to give streams to myp2p as ive grown to love this website and its community.. i enjoy it and even recently ive been trying to cover events that may not get as much traffic but events that people want.. eg rugby cycling etc.. I used do it for the money but not anymore.. i now have 1 ad.. big an awkward as it is it just about covers my share in hosting costs which is all im after! This really has been a set back to me tbh.. i honestly thought i was becoming more apart of the group on here even started looking at the other aspects of the forum eg the funny things (didnt even know that was there till recently).. This just shows that maybe i have a bit more to go to gain some mods trust and hopefully with this they can see im act a fan of myp2p and not some d!ck who "rips" off myp2p and what it stands for..

LS

</explanation>

quixote
13-06-2011, 13:18
************* i have no problem with you or anyone, but the way you posted yesterday, and how you pointed out i was a "trusted member" and seem to be suggesting, i was pulling a fast one when Admin was not looking, then you surely understand why i took offence ? Especially given their was a perfect explanation for it all. Anyway all sorted now, so forget about it.

Regarding the other stuff, someone amongst that lot owns Wiicast, i actually know who, but i won't say. Point is he is a regular streamer and if he wants Wiicast back on here, why doesn't he fix the issue ? Ive never claimed any site should be ad free, my issue is a site whether a streaming server or a streamer that requires you to disable ad blocker to watch something should not be allowed. I stand by that. He also pulls the same stunt with his ad, you can't actually close the box in ad blocker, it just has a square box permanently stuck on the stream and as i pointed out most of the sites listed on the same server as you use Wiicast still.

Maybe you're innocent amongst all of them, it's not for me to solve, but how does *************.tv still run on your shared private server, so if you don't own it one of them does. But as i say not for me to solve, i would not have said a thing if i hadn't felt like i was being attacked.

BTW funny how *************.tv has now been pulled, obvsiouly someone who reads here...... :)

But welcome back & good luck.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
13-06-2011, 13:44
BTW funny how *************.tv has now been pulled, obvsiouly someone who reads here...... :)

I took screenshots last night but ive left them on my brothers laptop.

http://img.44paths.com/images/62769090676475147557.gif

quixote
16-06-2011, 13:33
cslive.tv

New site, just tried it, EXACTLY same interface as the old site everythingon.tv before it got shut. Unlimited viewers, can't notice any ads yet, allows you to block certain countries from watching which a new feature ive not seen before.

Similar to JTV/UStream as in you can stream from the built in interface which looks very nice tbh, or use FME.

Only downside is, it has a load of webcam naked women sites on same IP..................

Aside from that official thoughts for me if servers are "ok" then a nice alternative flash site.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
16-06-2011, 13:41
cslive.tv

New site, just tried it, EXACTLY same interface as the old site everythingon.tv before it got shut. Unlimited viewers, can't notice any ads yet, allows you to block certain countries from watching which a new feature ive not seen before.

Similar to JTV/UStream as in you can stream from the built in interface which looks very nice tbh, or use FME.

Only downside is, it has a load of webcam naked women sites on same IP..................

Aside from that official thoughts for me if servers are "ok" then a nice alternative flash site.

Uses viano tvportal.com - sh!t template/service[paid] used by everythingontv.tv etc...

Also on the domain porn/webcam sites and to add to that...

http://img.44paths.com/images/78435434094393656000.jpg

quixote
16-06-2011, 14:10
Ah didn't see that DMW(I.e ad blocker disable), i forgot i had my ad blocker disabled:o

Oh well another site to file under "shit":D

szpr
07-07-2011, 18:14
dont think so,
it isnt blocking the stream with the ad blocker.
I think it still working because the 468x60 ad is in the flash player

TheTonganKid
08-07-2011, 02:18
This is how you block every ads

use firefox, than on there ads on, type ads on block plus
install ads block plus 1.3.9
restart firefox
once's firefox back click add Add Easy extensions than close firefox
open firefox again than google "easylist" should be the first from the top click on it
now ADD both Add EasyList to Adblock Plus and Add EasyPrivacy to Adblock Plus
just click on it and click ADD subscription
Now 100% all ads block

dart180
02-09-2011, 15:05
Should 786 cast be allowed?

Even with Ad Blocker they still manage to get there ad to pop up at the bottom of the stream.

I think is it ok becuase it has a X there to get rid of the ad.

Redbullsnation
03-09-2011, 06:48
This is how you block every ads

use firefox, than on there ads on, type ads on block plus
install ads block plus 1.3.9
restart firefox
once's firefox back click add Add Easy extensions than close firefox
open firefox again than google "easylist" should be the first from the top click on it
now ADD both Add EasyList to Adblock Plus and Add EasyPrivacy to Adblock Plus
just click on it and click ADD subscription
Now 100% all ads block

theres also an adsweep userscript and karma blocker

iwatch
13-10-2011, 09:59
Here is a line of code to add as a custom filter in Ad Blocker Plus

##div#overlayVid

Not sure how many sites/ads it works for, but it does block certain ads that like to pop up on top of a flash video.

AlphaCrucis9
08-03-2012, 13:19
One thing that needs to be dealt with is malware in Flash ads. I have had my computers hosed several times, in the past few months, by malware that hides itself inside flash ads on numerous sites. A lot of the streaming sites on the banned lists here are the only places I can watch tennis now, since Bet365 went subscription only last year. I still think Bet365 did that to stop people from using VPNs to bypass geoblocking.

One way I found to defeat flash ads, is to use the full screen option, if available. I find that on most streaming sites, flash ads do not appear as long as you are in full screen mode.

Admin
08-03-2012, 13:24
Well the sites we link to should be all clean as that's what we aim for, and that's also why we ban specific flash sites or don't allow several advertising networks on streaming sites. Correct us if we're wrong.

But if you browse other sites not approved here then just use ad blocking software. See http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/60340-HowTo-Block-Advertisements-from-any-website, or with firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/ , or chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb ;)

If I'm right there are also several other threads about this.

algi
08-03-2012, 14:18
https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/?src=search
Add that and you will be able to get rid of them all.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING
08-03-2012, 15:59
One idea...

Internet Explorer - Click Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy > Advanced. Select Block under Third-party Cookies and click OK twice.

Firefox - Click Tools --> Options --> Privacy. Uncheck "Accept third-party cookies" and click OK.

Chrome - Click the wrench icon in the top-right corner of the browser, choose Options, select Under the Hood in the left pane, click the "Content settings" button next to Privacy, and check "Ignore exceptions and block third-party cookies from being set".