View Poll Results: Who Will Go Though To The Semi-Finals ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sporting Lisbon

11 39.29%
  • Rangers

17 60.71%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rangers wins| Sporting Lisbon Vs Rangers

Thanks

What a night!

Christian Dailly and Carlos Cuellar MOTM for me. Not a foot put wrong.

Whittaker the new Maradonna

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadsmack View Post
    Why to buy tickets to see the worst team ins this UEFA Cup quarter-finals???!!!
    think he was talking about sporting here!

Thanks

First Congratulations to Rangers for that inspiring performance. That really was advertisement for Scottish football. Although you were a bit lucky that Sporting didn't take their chances, you kept and passed the ball really well.
    I've watched the final 2mins from Bayern, unbelievable they got that equaliser. Well, then I watched the highlights from Rangers game in German Television....so poor I tell you. They just showed Sportings chances and labelled the whole match as poor and uninteresting. Quote from that reporter: 'Its not understandable how such a poor team made it to the semis.' Seems they didn't really learn from Bremens exit.
    For me theres only one possibillity for a winner this year. Rangers FC.
    All the best, you're the people

Thanks

Wonder if deadsmack will ever show on this forum again after his predicted 3-0 to sporting !!!
    Rangers Then. Rangers Now. Rangers Forever

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P2PRFC View Post
    Wonder if deadsmack will ever show on this forum again after his predicted 3-0 to sporting !!!
    we should save his comments and put them out next year.

Thanks

I am here to give Rangers fans my congratulations. You're the luckiest team of the season, Sporting lost so many chances and all you've done was defend, defend, defend and 3 really counter-attacks (by clear mistakes of Sporting). But football is like that, you have to score.

But I am not disapointed with the team, bad luck and so much youth cost us this game. But we have the talent, a couple more years and this team will be much more stronger. Our players have the tecnic, talent but there is a natural lack of experience. We have another great talents in our youth teams, let them grow and results will happen.

But, I think that you'll not have so much luck agaisnt Fiorentina (very good team and another lucky team, they don't know how they eliminated Everton).

And remember most of our team have not more than 21 years old, you'll some of our names in the future in some great teams (like Figo, Ronaldo, Quaresma, Simão, Nani, Futre, Nuno Valente, Jorge Cadete, Caneira, Miguel, etc, etc) because have more in this team and youth squads.

It wasn't our night, bad luck (and bad mistake of Gladstone in the first goal).

But, still we are the proud SPORTING CLUBE PORTUGAL (not Sporting Lisbon)!!

Thanks

I don't runaway, even when we lost to a team with so much luck. As I said our players are clearly better than yours and remember most of them has not more than 21 years old. Experience and Luck won the game, not the best team.

Let see If you'll have this lucky against Fiorentina, remember they're italians (usually they have all the luck possible plus talented players like Pazzini, Mutu, Koldrup, Frey, Vieri, Semioli, Jorgensen, Montolivo, Santana, Waigo, etc, etc). I know what i am talking about.

Thanks

I don't runaway, even when we lost to a team with so much luck. As I said our players are clearly better than yours and remember most of them has not more than 21 years old. Experience and Luck won the game, not the best team.

Let see If you'll have this lucky against Fiorentina, remember they're italians (usually they have all the luck possible plus talented players like Pazzini, Mutu, Koldrup, Frey, Vieri, Semioli, Jorgensen, Montolivo, Santana, Waigo, etc, etc). I know what i am talking about.
    I know what i am talking about !!!!! QUOTE OF THE YEAR lol !!
    Rangers Then. Rangers Now. Rangers Forever

Thanks

Laugh all you want, I am laughing of Scotish national team at Euro 2008. Ups, You were not qualified!!!

But you can see the Portuguese national team on a TV near you!!!

Let's see if you'll eliminate Fiorentina, I don't think so.

Thanks

Note to Gerragher, at least we are a poor team (money) but developped great youth players. Liverpool spent so much money and won the last championship almost 20 years ago.

I'm sorry but Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea are clearly ahead of your team. But i am sorry for that because I like very much Gerard, Torres, Kuyt, Babel and others.

Thanks

Laugh all you want, I am laughing of Scotish national team at Euro 2008. Ups, You were not qualified!!!
    LoL and look how you change the topic.

OK Rangers we do have a little luck on their side, but last night you where simply beat by tactics once again.

As I keep saying, We might not have Glamour, we might not have Multi million Euro players, But we are a team that plays together and works together.

All you have dont this week is say how bad Rangers are and how you where going to show us how to play football, as in pass, dribble. LoL in the first 20 minutes I can not remember a Sporting player really touch the ball, Rangers where passing you off the pitch. Quoting that your reserve team could win our league. LoL. Do me a favour in future. Think about what you say before saying it.

All the Rangers fans here where giving Sporting Credit on being a good team till you jumped on the bandwagon. We where all saying, yeah a draw of 1-1 would be a good result and for Rangers to scrape it on the away goals.

With reference to you always quoting these great players that used to be at Sporting. Can you not understand that they want to win something and thats why they move to a bigger and better club. Ronaldo when he first went to Man-U was a diving, cheatnig cry baby with loads of talent. Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotish BTW) got a grip of this lad, shoved some Scotish Grit up his ass and made him play football like a man. Thats why Ronldo has turned out as good as he has.

Now take this defeat on the chin and let it be a lesson to you that you should not go around blowing your trumpet.

With reference to Scotland not being at eth Euro 2008. Well thats another story about how Italians cheat. But do you see us Scots being bitter about it. Hell no. We are still proud as we played agaist the World Cup holders and finalist and gave them a run right to the wire.

Sporting boss Paulo Bento believes Smith's team can go all the way to lift the trophy. He said: "Anything can happen now. Rangers have a strong side - they can score goals and they also defend well.
    "They have a chance to go all the way because when you reach the semi-finals the opportunity to win the UEFA Cup is always there."
    MoN ThE GeRs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

It was not luck that won the game the best team won the game ok so your team had some chances but were not good enough to finish them and the only time McGregor had to make a save was a shot from 20 odd yards that went straight at him , we won fair and square and passed your team off the park at times and with some of your daft posts it proves you are a really bad loser.
    Sporting Lisbon 0-2 Glasgow Rangers said it all.
    WE ARE THE PEOPLE
    "WE ARE THE PEOPLE"
    "RANGERS TILL I DIE"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WATP1872 View Post
    celtic-thats how to win away in europe.
    I can't argue with the above, and I can't argue with the result. Credit where credit is due, as much as it pains me to say it.

B.E.F. Sheffield-Edinburgh-London.

Thanks

Watched the match yesterday on ITV4. Rangers are a top quality side,defended really well,tactically excellent... Scored two goals from two counter attacks. Best goal was the Whittaker one,what a solo effort! I wouldnt be surprise if Rangers win all four Cups this season. Congratulations,Wish you all the luck for the remaining season.

TILL THE LAST MINUTE OF MY LIFE THIS CLUB WILL BE ALWAYS IN MY HEART! UNITED FOR LIFE!

Thanks

Note to Gerragher, at least we are a poor team (money) but developped great youth players. Liverpool spent so much money and won the last championship almost 20 years ago.

I'm sorry but Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea are clearly ahead of your team. But i am sorry for that because I like very much Gerard, Torres, Kuyt, Babel and others.
    I really don't know how you can refer to other teams...you just have no more arguments to offer. It was SPORTING CLUBE PORTUGAL who played against Glasgow Rangers FC.
    how can you come out and tell me things about Liverpool and our team spending millions?
    other teams spend more than us but anyway this was not the topic of this thread.
    you got to learn to be a fair looser.
    for gerrard and carragher if you would just know it, they're from our very own academy and they stay at our club for their whole careers...