Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: does anyone watch streams with large lcd tv?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,070 Times in 2,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zyberianmaverick View Post
    yea dont expect great quality though.

I won't.Cheers!

Thanks

I use VGA monitor cable from my laptop to my 42' Panasonic, which is pretty good but it really depends on the bitrate of the stream, internet connection speed, as well as your video card/RAM/etc.

Thanks

what cable do i need to connect my laptop to tv.cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amineb View Post
    depending on what laptop i use ..i use vga cable with older laptop with a set of portable speakers for my viewing pleasure
    if i use the missus new laptop i just connect via hdmi
    hope it helps

Thanks

I have a 46" LED TV where I watch streams via wi-fi link and they work like a charm. Of course, it is also important what speed Internet you have and the actual quality of the stream you are watching. In short, I'm happy with the quality and thoroughly enjoy all streams on the big screen.
    Carpe diem!

Thanks

Hey hax DuDE..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnelord View Post
    Hey hax DuDE..

ehhh if you read my last post which was 2 posts ago the answer is there

Thanks

watch bloodzeed's streams on an 40" lcd tv.. with hdmi over my computer..
    quality nearly like TV ....

Thanks

Default watch online tv

thanks for sharing novamove and mediafire links

Thanks

HD streams look amazing with my 40" lcd TV , but SD is not that good

Thanks

SD Streams are impossible to watch on a big screen.HD is very good on my 40". Hope we will get more HD Streams in the future.

Thanks

HD streams buffer even with a good ISP... not sure if it's the case with everyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,037 Times in 4,024 Posts

YES channel on Sopcast, 850k or so, 39" LCD through VGA cable:

We do not know truth,we only know our opinions, and those of others

Wiziwig Premier League Prediction Game here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bertcocaine For This Useful Post:

tottenham28 (30-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,245 Times in 4,269 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bertcocaine View Post
    YES channel on Sopcast, 850k or so, 39" LCD through VGA cable:

Thanks for posting this bert, I just want to ask you...again (as I have recently bought a new TV)! It's HD plasma though, not LCD (not sure if this makes a difference with regards to HDMI ports).
    As you are using a VGA cable to make your connection, would I be right in saying that your computer doesn't have a HDMI port? If so, I also have the same issue, so you may be able to point me in the right direction.

I want to connect the computer to the HDMI port but I as I said earlier, I don't have a HDMI port available on my Computer. Are you using a VGA to HDMI connection for yours? and if so, does the distance from computer to TV come into play (as mine is about 15 metres away)?
    Also, do you need to add sound connectors or will the HDMI be sufficient?
    Finally, when the connectors are fitted do you have to make any adjustments to your computer or TV to establish a full connection?
    If the above doesn't make any sense, I also have an RGB connection on my TV (not sure if this can work or not).

From computer doughnut to you, thanks for your time as usual mate!

Thanks

Just a further update bert, I just connected to live chat at Dell and they told me that I don't have the required connections to make it possible! I guess it is my own fault for being a bit of a cheapskate when I bought the PC about 6 years ago.

Take a look at this, this is the set up on the back of my PC. It has 3 available card slots, 2 for PCI and 1 for PCI Express. I haven't a clue what they mean, do you think one of those slots are possibly to allow a HDMI connection?

http://support.euro.dell.com/support.../sm/about0.htm

http://support.euro.dell.com/support....htm#wp1052310
    Last edited by tottenham28; 30-08-2012 at 10:58.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,122 Times in 3,046 Posts

I do when I am allowed lol
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici".

Most football teams are temperamental. That's 90% temper and 10% mental.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham28 View Post
    Thanks for posting this bert, I just want to ask you...again (as I have recently bought a new TV)! It's HD plasma though, not LCD (not sure if this makes a difference with regards to HDMI ports). makes no odds for connections, plasma is better quality but you may suffer from screen burn as it gets older
    As you are using a VGA cable to make your connection, would I be right in saying that your computer doesn't have a HDMI port? If so, I also have the same issue, so you may be able to point me in the right direction. correct - my friend has promised me an HD capable graphics card that will have both VGA and HDMI outputs - you'll need the same and it's an internal card. You may be able to get external (connect box via USB) devices for this, I'm not sure but sure someone here will pipe up

I want to connect the computer to the HDMI port but I as I said earlier, I don't have a HDMI port available on my Computer. Are you using a VGA to HDMI connection for yours? and if so, does the distance from computer to TV come into play (as mine is about 15 metres away)? I'm using VGA out of my comp to VGA in on my TV. Most HD TV's have this (also known as PC Input). I bought a 3m cable to connect them as my TV is only a few feet from the comp (and the router, CRT TV, Wii, Sky box all cluster together to allow LAN and video connections!). Don't think it's possible to have a conversion, as the VGA wouldn't have the quality to turn into HDMI. for length just buy longer cables (ebay is great for this)
    Also, do you need to add sound connectors or will the HDMI be sufficient? if VGA, yes as that's video only. I have a stereo jack out of the comp into a stereo jack audio input on the TV, and use them together. HDMI is both audio and video (like an HD version of Scart)
    Finally, when the connectors are fitted do you have to make any adjustments to your computer or TV to establish a full connection? not to connect - the graphics card is plug and play, and an HD TV is just a giant flat screen monitor, so it recognises it via either VGA or Scart, although as mine's 7 years old and my TV is brand new, it just thinks it's an 'analogue monitor' where as it recognises the model of my monitor. However, as I currently swap the VGA cable between my 18" flat and my TV (39") I do have to swap the resolution when I do this to get a correctly sized screen and make use of the capability, monitor is 1360x768 and TV at 1920x1080. I don't think this will be necessary when I have the HD card with two outputs as they should be independently controllable
    If the above doesn't make any sense, I also have an RGB connection on my TV (not sure if this can work or not). This is how I run my CRT TV (great for lower quality flash streams to full screen) although for this you need a way of converting into either scart or S-Video. My current graphics has S-Video, which is the TV (yellow) one of the three RCA connectors. I run a stereo jack from my sound card and convert this into red/black RCA for the sound.

From computer doughnut to you, thanks for your time as usual mate! never a problem.
    broke it down above.

if you're worried about having to fit a graphics card, it's pretty simple. You just need a screwdriver and a bit of bravery, just treat it like a infant (i.e. don't bang or shake it and remember bits might break off easily!) and you'll be fine. inserting a card (assuming you have a blank slot, check the back of your box for a slim slot blanker that doesn't have any ports) consists of removing the cover, removing the blank panel, sliding the edge of the card into the circuit board plug, adding a retaining screw (same one that held in the blank) and replacing the cover. If you can change a car headlight bulb, you can cope with this. there will no doubt be plenty of idiot proof tutorials online, or I'll take pics when I do mine and post them for you.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bertcocaine For This Useful Post:

tottenham28 (30-08-2012)

Thanks

broke it down above.

if you're worried about having to fit a graphics card, it's pretty simple. You just need a screwdriver and a bit of bravery, just treat it like a infant (i.e. don't bang or shake it and remember bits might break off easily!) and you'll be fine. inserting a card (assuming you have a blank slot, check the back of your box for a slim slot blanker that doesn't have any ports) consists of removing the cover, removing the blank panel, sliding the edge of the card into the circuit board plug, adding a retaining screw (same one that held in the blank) and replacing the cover. If you can change a car headlight bulb, you can cope with this. there will no doubt be plenty of idiot proof tutorials online, or I'll take pics when I do mine and post them for you.
    Cheers bert!
    I've scoured the internet for days looking for a decent explanation as I didn't want to bug someone on here first...again! by the way, this is by far the best explanation of all I have found as it is the only one that makes genuine sense, to me any way!
    Cheers again mate, you've been a great help.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

bertcocaine (30-08-2012)

Thanks

You're welcome. Just shout if you need any more.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bertcocaine For This Useful Post:

tottenham28 (30-08-2012)

Thanks

You're welcome. Just shout if you need any more.
    I just found this link also, I have the Asus O!play HDP1 media player box. I tried to set it up on my old TV and it worked but with a little stuttering, I will give it a go tomorrow on my new TV, probably won't make a difference but worth a try anyway.
    Have a look at the sopcast write-up on the link below, I think I may have even posted it somewhere on here before.

http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9503