Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: MyP2P Fantasy Basketball League 2nd Season! (2009-2010)

Thanks

Default MyP2P Fantasy Basketball League 2nd Season! (2009-2010)

So what's good? I've been gone for a good minute but hopefully I'll be around more. Ok so let's get this league poppin'... the people who were in it last year get first dibs on re-joining. I think we decided on having 12 members or so? Still needs to be discussed more.

The league!:
    Perk Team: Compton Giraffes
    BaLLa Team: East 'n' West Ballers
    $h00ter Team: Indiana Revolution
    Kobe_Bryant_24 Team: KobeAllstars
    Menni Team: West E-Town All Starz
    newimer Team: Munich Sausages
    muckman1 Team: Orlando Dynasty
    anel2kay Team: Pimp Squad
    flashcash Team: East Coast Snipers
    beatpole2 Team: I Dunked On Lebron
    boroszewiak Team: Lil Ya-Ya
    pistons4ever Team: Detroit Basketball
    talley-13 Team: The Amazing Squad 3
    maki Team: M.A.S.H. - Maki

league is closed!! all slots are taken...

LEAGUE 1: (roto)
    MyP2P League Office - Free Fantasy Basketball - ESPN

LEAGUE 2: (h2h)
    http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueo...leagueId=34709

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 938 Posts

Hey!

Welcome back perk!!!!!!

I'm defo in anyways! Cant have a competition without the reigning champ

And I think most agreed that 12 was fine.....but it can be discussed here anyways.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 2,118 Posts

It's no party without me,first come first serve,count me in!

Welcome back Perk,great to see you

Night!

Thanks

first of all: welcome back big homie. whats good?

and of course im in because as balla said no competition without the reigning runner up lol damn you balla!!

i would agree to minimum 12 people but if we rogornize we can easy get 15 into it we should do it. but 15 should be max. in my opinion! but only people who can available at the fanatasy draft and are doing their rosters every day, right jojo?

perk: what kind of game do we play this year? roto or the one on one? because if we play one on one we should think about to get 14 or 16 guys nor 15 or 13 right?!

balla and myself talked about this a while ago and we both agree we could do maybe both...its just july we have enough time...just a few thoughts from myself

Thanks
    Thanked 7,395 Times in 2,172 Posts

Hey Perk! Nice to hear from you! I'm in for sure if the numbers work out. However, I am totally willing to give up my spot for a regular member should a situation arise. Thanks for the game man!

Thanks

YEAH, perk is back! welcome back buddy.

I'm in for sure and i'd like a one on one league this time
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Bayless
    LeBron James has one thing going for him: he's a better all around player, he has more skills than Michael Jordan.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 843 Posts

welcome back,
    count me in if possible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_Bryant_24 View Post
    first of all: welcome back big homie. whats good?

and of course im in because as balla said no competition without the reigning runner up lol damn you balla!!

i would agree to minimum 12 people but if we rogornize we can easy get 15 into it we should do it. but 15 should be max. in my opinion! but only people who can available at the fanatasy draft and are doing their rosters every day, right jojo?

perk: what kind of game do we play this year? roto or the one on one? because if we play one on one we should think about to get 14 or 16 guys nor 15 or 13 right?!

balla and myself talked about this a while ago and we both agree we could do maybe both...its just july we have enough time...just a few thoughts from myself
    Yeah I agree. Minimum of 12 and a max of 15..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 377 Posts

welcome back mate,
    im in again after last season where I lead the league for sometime now its time to win!
    Any system changes this year?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,526 Times in 819 Posts

welcome back man!!!

first of all i must read all rules before i start the game

but i would to join...
    Quote Originally Posted by F.D. Roosevelt
    If you treat people right they will treat you right ninety percent of the time.

Thanks

Help plz,

I haven't read the rules yet as to how this all works so, for now... can someone please explain to me what the difference is between "roto" and "one on one"! thnx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,526 Times in 819 Posts

can someone tell me what are the rules ???

When i want to see rules on espn page i see this:

500 Internal Server Error
    Quote Originally Posted by F.D. Roosevelt
    If you treat people right they will treat you right ninety percent of the time.

Thanks

if there's an open spot left i'd also like to join but i'd also need an explanation how things work first
    Follow me on Twitter
    DEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL

Sebastian Vettel - 2010, 2011 & 2012 F1 World Champion

Thanks

I am in too when there`s enough space left...

Thanks

Okay here is the rules (from espn.com ):

STANDARD SCORING FORMATS (Free and Prize-Eligible)
    Both Free Standard and Prize-Eligible games have two scoring formats available during league creation: Rotisserie and Head-to-Head: Each Category. These are the most commonly used scoring formats in fantasy basketball. The two formats are defined below.

* Rotisserie: Rotisserie, or "Roto," is the most common way to play fantasy basketball. In this scoring type teams are ranked from first to last in each statistical category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category, then totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.

* Head-to-Head: Each Category: H2H Each Category is the most common type of head-to-head play in fantasy basketball. It allows you to select "X" number of statistical categories. For each scoring period, team totals are accumulated and a win, loss or tie is credited in each category based on the matchup results (i.e. 6-3-1 in a 10 category league). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and the option to set up divisions.

For more information on Free Standard league scoring formats click here.
    For more information on Prize-Eligible league scoring formats click here

CUSTOM LEAGUE SCORING FORMATS
    Custom Leagues can be created using one of five different scoring formats. These formats can be further customized by the league creator by tweaking individual categories and points. The five formats are defined below:

* Rotisserie: Rotisserie, or "Roto". In this scoring type teams are ranked from first to last in each statistical category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category, and totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.

* Points-Based: Points-Based scoring allows you to assign a given point value to each individual statistical category (i.e. Assists=2, Rebounds=1, etc.) Standings are based on the accumulation of points covering all statistical categories and combined into one total points column. The team with the most overall points wins.

* Head-to-Head: Points: H2H Points is very similar to how fantasy football is played. It allows you to assign a given point value to individual statistic categories (i.e. Assists=2, Rebounds=1, etc.) and each scoring period's winner is determined solely by which team accumulates the most fantasy points versus a single opponent. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

* Head-to-Head: Each Category: H2H Each Category is the most common type of head-to-head play in fantasy basketball. It allows you to select "X" number of statistic categories. For each scoring period, team totals are accumulated and a win, loss or tie is credited in each category based on the matchup results (i.e. 6-3-1 in a 10 category league). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

* Head-to-Head: Most Categories: H2H Most Categories allows you to set "X" number of statistic categories. For each scoring period (usually Monday through Sunday) team totals are accumulated in each of the categories. At the end the scoring period the winner is determined by which team wins the most number of categories. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1). These results correspond directly to each team's overall record. If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs and you will have the option to set up divisions.

Thanks

Thanks Balla...

@ all - I'm down for whatever the majority rules...

btw - How often are the scoring periods?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flashcash View Post
    Thanks Balla...

@ all - I'm down for whatever the majority rules...

btw - How often are the scoring periods?
    Last year it was every week, so I presume it will be the same this year

Thanks

remember the show on nba.com? the fantasy insider. rick talked about it every week and he only play one on one. so you play against each other for a whole week. after that the winner is shown and the next opponent in the lane.

but i like the roto as well. was fun but it isnt such as varied like one on one!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 843 Posts

one on one seems a bit complicated to me,roto would be fine but im down with everything

Thanks

dude you dont have to do anything except drafting the right players in the LIVE draft. LIVE this will be so funny again and then after your roster is complete you make the shedule of guys for the week you want to play with against me for example. and during this week you have nothing to do to compare the stats and hope your team will win. in roto you have to make your lineup everyday which wasnt the problem either because you only have to make little changes so everyone is playing. easy as fook

i remember me last time as we start this. i didnt have a clue and was really exited as you guys...but it was really easy and we all (im sure most of us done it last year for the first time) got used to it very quick! its a question of effort and time you want to put in...as balla said it to me some months ago. he doesnt need more than five minutes a day. and so do i. and this was the winner and the runner-up so dont worry. if balla can do it you guys can do it as well...and even better than this sucker