Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Thread: [Discussion] Ice Hockey Today! Nov 17th 2009

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    small town underground
    Posts
    4,196
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 813 Posts

    Default

    I know guys.It's all about Canada-Russia rivalry
    I'm a huge fan of the team Canada,but just can't stand Crosby

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,118
    Thanks
    1,088
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 568 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patividi View Post
    I know guys.It's all about Canada-Russia rivalry
    I'm a huge fan of the team Canada,but just can't stand Crosby
    Even if Sidney was Russian I would rather have him on my team because he's a better all around player.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    small town underground
    Posts
    4,196
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 813 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skinny01 View Post
    Ovechkin is a great (offensive) player, but I'd rather have Sidney on my team any day, because he can play both ends.
    Oh,c'mon skinny you like sid,but I'll give you my arguments to prove you're wrong

    YouTube - The Ultimate Alexander Ovechkin Hits Compilation

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,118
    Thanks
    1,088
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 568 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patividi View Post
    Oh,c'mon skinny you like sid,but I'll give you my arguments to prove you're wrong

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRBDG
    The URL contained a malformed video ID. I wasn't able to see. But like I said, it has nothing to do with Canada and Russia rivalry, if Sid was Russian, and Ovechkin was Canadian, I would still rather have Sid.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    small town underground
    Posts
    4,196
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 813 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skinny01 View Post
    Even if Sidney was Russian I would rather have him on my team because he's a better all around player.
    And if he become captain of the team canada one day,I'll start to cheer for sweden

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,058
    Thanks
    9,429
    Thanked 7,390 Times in 2,171 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patividi View Post

    In defense of Crosby here imo this video doesn't justify the title. Only one clip makes Sid look soft. (FO at 2:17) Even then it's hard to see what happened. (Maybe butt end of stick to the ribs!?) Now I don't really care too much about the kid but I do know that he is a good hockey player. Would gladly have him on my team!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,118
    Thanks
    1,088
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 568 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patividi View Post
    And if he become captain of the team canada one day,I'll start to cheer for sweden
    I doubt it, Iginla will probably be captain. Sweden is great, their hockey program is becoming alot better.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    small town underground
    Posts
    4,196
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 813 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skinny01 View Post
    I doubt it, Iginla will probably be captain.
    I'll pick Brodeur,but he's a goalie

    GO CANADA

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    6,351
    Thanks
    2,278
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,270 Posts

    Default

    Crosby is passionate about the game, that's why he gets so pissed off when he sees someone do something cheap. He's also the captain, which means he's the one who needs to talk to the ref whenever anyone on the team catches something the refs don't. You can't fault him for taking the game too seriously.

    Ovechkin on the other hand couldn't care less about the sanctity of the game of hockey. He's trying to turn the game into a circus, and couldn't care less who he embarrasses while doing it, whether it's himself or his teammates. He has ZERO respect for anyone on the ice other than himself. If he had his way he'd just skate around the ice alone for 60 minutes while people cheer for him.

    But I'm not worried, because all these cheap hits Ovie throws are killing his body, and him and his obnoxious career are almost done. He kind of reminds me of Bono from U2. Sure he may be one of the biggest rock stars in the world, but what a douche.


  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,895
    Thanks
    1,368
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 665 Posts

    Default

    HOWEVER both crosby and Ovechkin have more talent then any of you so shut up

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    austria
    Posts
    7,535
    Thanks
    9,455
    Thanked 7,819 Times in 2,406 Posts

    Default

    ovechkin is a crazy dude, and he didn´t get "airs and graces" (starallüren, i hope the translation is correct ) like many other players or people in general who gets famous. and thats why i like him...
    and why should a player like him, should also be able to block shots in front of the goal when the team has over 20 other players who can do that?!

    i´m not a crosby hater (i put the text from the link in my sig there because i like to provoke ) but i just don´t like him, and how he acts on the ice...
    altough i like some of his actions and goals he made.....


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    6,351
    Thanks
    2,278
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,270 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibarcaly View Post
    HOWEVER both crosby and Ovechkin have more talent then any of you so shut up
    Not your mom, she's VERY talented, believe me.


  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    small town underground
    Posts
    4,196
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 813 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibarcaly View Post
    HOWEVER both crosby and Ovechkin have more talent then any of you so shut up
    It's still discussion thread,so...

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    6,351
    Thanks
    2,278
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,270 Posts

    Default

    Not blocking shots because there are other players to do that is a terrible excuse. If you think Crosby is a wuss, then Ovie must be his wussier younger brother. He doesn't fight, he doesn't block shots, and the only hits he throws are cheap ones that allow him to run away before anyone knocks him down.

    No class and no respect, so I don't care how many goals he scores.


  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    austria
    Posts
    7,535
    Thanks
    9,455
    Thanked 7,819 Times in 2,406 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100 Years Of Habs View Post

    Ovechkin on the other hand couldn't care less about the sanctity of the game of hockey. He's trying to turn the game into a circus, and couldn't care less who he embarrasses while doing it, whether it's himself or his teammates. He has ZERO respect for anyone on the ice other than himself. If he had his way he'd just skate around the ice alone for 60 minutes while people cheer for him.
    right!
    i like this attitude!
    he´s the NHL´s punk!
    ANARCHY IN THE NHL!!!!!!


    edit:

    He kind of reminds me of Bono from U2. Sure he may be one of the biggest rock stars in the world, but what a douche.
    c´mon pleae take that back, nobody is such a big douche like bono


  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,118
    Thanks
    1,088
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 568 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100 Years Of Habs View Post
    Not blocking shots because there are other players to do that is a terrible excuse.
    I like you Tsche, but I have to agree with habs, that is a terrible excuse.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,895
    Thanks
    1,368
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 665 Posts

    Default

    I think Habs is mad for not getting the opportunity for drafting Ovechkin in the fantasy league

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    small town underground
    Posts
    4,196
    Thanks
    2,013
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 813 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibarcaly View Post
    I think Habs is mad for not getting the opportunity for drafting Ovechkin in the fantasy league

    Or if Ovie plays for the Habs he'll change his opinion

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    6,351
    Thanks
    2,278
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,270 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibarcaly View Post
    I think Habs is mad for not getting the opportunity for drafting Ovechkin in the fantasy league
    He wasn't even in my top 3.

    I would've definitely taken Crosby or Malkin over him because I know Ovie isn't even going to make it until the end of the season.


  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,895
    Thanks
    1,368
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 665 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100 Years Of Habs View Post
    He wasn't even in my top 3.

    I would've definitely taken Crosby or Malkin over him because I know Ovie isn't even going to make it until the end of the season.
    ok maybe good point. Now it's time to put on your jammies and start colouring that Stanley Cup you have been drawing. It's the only Cup a Habs fan can physically touch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •