(When you get into trouble, you can't say you weren't warned!)
We have issues that continually are disobeyed. Many of these are already addressed in the site's rules to begin with, which are found here:
WiZiWiG Forum - Forum Rules
But for the sake of re-addressing them, and to give everyone fair warning on them, here they are...
Updated rules will appear in red for one week from the day they are added!
WHEN USING THE MLB FORUM, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE RULES AND UNDERSTAND YOU RISK AN INFRACTION IF YOU DISOBEY THEM!
1. READ A THREAD FULLY BEFORE POSTING! This is addressed in the forum rules that you should know, but it can't be stressed enough. It is very annoying and very disrespectful to ask questions that are clearly answered already. Many times, the questions are answered in the first post of the thread! Taking a few moments to read solves a LOT of headaches. There is even a search within the thread feature that allows you to search based on key words. That can save time in reading a thread. Use that to your advantage.
2. QUIT ASKING FOR STREAMS TO GAMES! IF WE HAVE IT, WE HAVE IT, AND IF WE DON'T, WE DON'T! This also applies to question type posts such as "Is there a Cubs link?" or "Why aren't there any Mets links?". If we have a stream, we make a conscious effort to add it to the first post (though sometimes things do fall through the cracks because we mods do moderate more than this forum, which means you should read a thread in full.) If we don't have a stream for your game, asking 20,000 times won't magically make a game stream appear and needlessly clogs up the daily threads. If your game isn't streamed, bite the bullet and go without, or just pay the money for MLB.TV -- which is going to give you better quality than streams anyway. While us streamers do what we can, we're not miracle workers and you'll just have to accept that sometimes, we can't get a game on.
3. MLB.TV LINKS, ALONG WITH LINKS TO MLB GAMES ON SOPCAST OR FLASH STREAMS, WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT ON THIS SITE! This isn't up for discussion. Don't ask for them, don't give them out, and doing either will get you in trouble. The ONLY exception to this rule is the mlb.tv "free game of the day" (fgotd) & espn3 links.
4. VISIT MYP2P.EU TO DOWNLOAD STREAMING CLIENTS AND READ AROUND TO GET HELP ON THEM!
5. WATCH YOUR MOUTHS, AND NOT JUST IN SWEARING, EITHER! If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. Watch the language. And don't feed the trolls, either. Taking matters into your own hands -- even when you're trying to be helpful -- doesn't always work and may cause more trouble than it's worth. If there is a problem post, use the Report Post button () and report it, but don't handle it yourself for that is a moderator's job.
6. WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO ACT ACCORDINGLY ON UNIQUE SITUATIONS! Sometimes, an issue comes up that is unique and we moderators will act on it to deal with it the best we can. Whatever we decide, it will NOT be argued. Doing so is insubordination. We do what we can to keep the forum flowing, and we don't need back seat moderators. If you have an issue, contact the administration, but don't make things public, or you will earn a quick exit out of here. This isn't a theater forum, so drama queens aren't welcome here.
7. NO ONE CARES IF YOU'RE NEW HERE; THAT'S NOT A VALID EXCUSE FOR DISOBEYING THE RULES! You come here, you're new, why not read the rules? Why not familiarize yourself with what we do and how we function? It's tiresome to see someone come in, break the rules, and then use the, "We'll, I'm new here. I didn't know." So you mean to tell me you couldn't see the stickied threads? You didn't agree to rules when you signed up? You couldn't take the time to actually educate yourself? Consider the rules an instruction manual to this site. If you don't follow the instructions, you'll ruin whatever it is you just bought. So why not read the instruction manual and make things better?
8. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ACCEPTED; OUTRIGHT SLAMMING A STREAM IS NOT! If a stream isn't working right, and you politely explain it and detail what your issues are, you will be better received than saying, "That guy's streams always suck" or something that is outright negative. Be careful when using your words; saying the wrong thing will get you into trouble.
9. IF SOMEONE IS OUT OF LINE, REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR AND DON'T ACT LIKE ONE! One of the biggest issues we have here is people who see a bad poster, and take it upon themselves to be Mr. Hero and post something to diffuse the situation. Guess what? YOU MAKE IT WORSE WHEN DOING SO! Instead of replying, try this: Click on the triangle "" icon and report the post. Then if we deem that the post is indeed out of line and should be addressed, we'll take care of it. That's how you can positively help without adding to the madness in a negative way. But quit replying to the trolls and bad posts. It can and will get you into trouble, even if you didn't intend anything bad.
10. WE DO THIS FOR FREE. WE DON'T GET PAID. WE DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS. SO QUIT WHINING ABOUT EVERYTHING! That line says it all. If you don't like it, leave. Go buy MLB.TV or MLB Extra Innings. But don't come back.
11. IF YOUR GAME IS ON, DON'T WHINE ABOUT WHO IS DOING IT. IF YOUR GAME IS NOT ON, DON'T WHINE THAT OTHER GAMES ARE ON. Seriously, don't act like a baby about it. Who cares if your favorite network is not doing the stream of your game? YOU'RE STILL GETTING THE GAME FOR FREE! And don't whine that other games are on but yours isn't. Go buy MLB.TV or MLB:EI and you'll most likely never have that problem again!
12. INFRACTION POINTS EXPLAINED! If you get in trouble, you get infraction points. If you get enough infraction points, you get banned. If you are way out of line in any post, it can be a straight ban right off the bat! The number of infraction points you get depends on the offense. When each infraction expires (and brings the points off your record) depends on the severity of the offense. Because the points system can change at a moment's notice, explaining it is not worth the time, but the only way to get banned here is to earn it.
13. KEEP DISCUSSIONS IN THE MLB FORUM ON BASEBALL! Do not clutter any MLB Forum thread — especially the daily sticky thread — with talk about other sports or non-baseball things. If you need to discuss other sports, go to the other appropriate forums.
14. DO NOT TRY TO BE HELPFUL AND CREATE THE DAILY THREADS. It will only get you in more trouble and make you less likable from your fellow members.
Yes, we know a lot of people are switching to Stream Torrent in light of TVAnts & SopCast issues. If you need to download something, go to MyP2P.eu and click on the "Software" tab and find the P2P program you need there. Also, when you need assistance, visit other forums on the MyP2P forums to get info on those P2P programs. Chances are, your question has been asked a ton of times before in those forums.
THESE RULES AREN'T CREATED TO BE "POWER TRIPPING" BUT ARE CREATED TO ENSURE A CIVIL POSTING ENVIRONMENT THAT WON'T SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL WITHOUT ANY FEAR OF CONSEQUENCE.
WHILE WE DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO ISSUE INFRACTION POINTS, WE WILL BE FORCED TO IF THERE ARE REPEATED INFRACTIONS OF THE RULES. AND IF/WHEN WE DO THAT, WE'RE ALSO NOT GOING TO PUT UP WITH WHINING THAT YOU ARE BEING TREATED UNFAIRLY WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN PLENTY OF WARNING AND NOTICE AS TO WHAT THE RULES ARE! SO TAKE A FEW MINUTES, REVIEW THE RULES, AND YOUR STAY WILL BE LONG AND PRODUCTIVE WITH LITTLE TO NO TROUBLE!
This announcement is not open for discussion in any other threads, as there is no need for it. Either you agree with it and stay, or you are free to leave if you disagree.
Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
(Updated July 20 2011 at 10:01 p.m. Eastern US time.)