Thread: live streams on nintendo wii

Thanks

Default live streams on nintendo wii

hi chaps i cant seem to watch live streams on nintendo wii ,sopcast veetle , etc . it says not supported type do i need to download another internet browser ??? many thanks

Thanks

Thumbs down It's a WII...

Use your common sense: It's your Wii. It's barely fit to browse the Internet in the first place.

Flash-based streams will work fine (but forget about fullscreen) because the Wii has Flash 8 or something installed.

However, you cannot watch any other type of streams because the Wii does not have the space to install plugins nor the memory to run them. In addition developers would probably have to write Wii-specific versions of their programs: a lot of effort for a microscopic audience.

I have head of people streaming from their PC to an Xbox 360, however. If you have one try Googling, unfortunately I'm short on specifics.

Thanks

The Wii is a great tool for streaming media to your tv if you softmod it and instal homebrew and use mplayer ce, i stream all my movies direct from a sharing folder on my pc, i also stream Sopcast, tvu ect direct to my tv via my Wii.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    The Wii is a great tool for streaming media to your tv if you softmod it and instal homebrew and use mplayer ce, i stream all my movies direct from a sharing folder on my pc, i also stream Sopcast, tvu ect direct to my tv via my Wii.
    I'm trying to stream on my wii, just because its hooked upto the tv and can't seem to figure out anything but web/flash streams... i think. but how do you "softmod" it and install homebrew what are these things and how do you do that. It would be really nice to be able to just do the web browsing and streaming right from my wii.

and just more of a curious question: how do you run sopcast, its a linux based system and you gotta jump through a buncha loop holes to get sopcast on a mac

.... Tits

Thanks

Default Nice work on the MPlayer CE!

Hey bazz, very impressed with getting sopcast on the wii tutorial I saw posted over yonder. I want to do this too with my softmodded wii 4.3u. What do I need to download and put onto my sd card to make this work so that I can watch p2p streams? Props for figuring this out and keep on doing your thing!!!