Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Streamtorrent won't even buffer

Thanks

Unhappy Streamtorrent won't even buffer

I have read all the stickies and I still have a problem.

I have the newest version of Streamtorrent, I have unblocked all the ports and added streamtorrent to my firewall exceptions for my anti-virus and windows. I am running windows XP service pack 3 with WMP 11. I have a 2 meg connection. My net state is "Connected: good". When I try and play a stream it says "Done" then "Still connecting but channel seems to be offline". For ALL the streams it says this. In stream torrent it is showing me the stream information eg. Quality: Good, Users: Many. I have waited over 10 minutes and still the same message "Still connecting but channel seems to be offline". Any suggestions to help me would be greatly appreciated. No stream has ever got to even showing the "Buffer" stage.

WMP works when I add the streams from the sticky thread.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,099 Times in 5,374 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzla View Post
    I have read all the stickies and I still have a problem.

I have the newest version of Streamtorrent, I have unblocked all the ports and added streamtorrent to my firewall exceptions for my anti-virus and windows. I am running windows XP service pack 3 with WMP 11. I have a 2 meg connection. My net state is "Connected: good". When I try and play a stream it says "Done" then "Still connecting but channel seems to be offline". For ALL the streams it says this. In stream torrent it is showing me the stream information eg. Quality: Good, Users: Many. I have waited over 10 minutes and still the same message "Still connecting but channel seems to be offline". Any suggestions to help me would be greatly appreciated. No stream has ever got to even showing the "Buffer" stage.

WMP works when I add the streams from the sticky thread.
    Try this test stream that works 100% and we'll go from there.

TEST STREAM
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

icerefjm1 (07-08-2010), Scotty43 (22-01-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,044 Times in 5,666 Posts

It should be saying Connected(perfect). Just to be sure you're getting your 2 meg, close the ST globe in your tasktray & with nothing running except your browser go to http://www.speedtest.net & post your d/l & u/l & ping results. There's a feature there to copy/paste if you'd like. Let's make sure something else isn't sucking up your bandwidth as a start.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icerefjm1 For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (08-08-2010), Redbullsnation (23-01-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    Try this test stream that works 100% and we'll go from there.

TEST STREAM
    Holy crap batman, 1.1meg. Sure glad I wasn't streaming locally when I clicked on that one.

Edit: But, yeah, almost immediate 100% buffer. 99% qual & 6 viewers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to icerefjm1 For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (08-08-2010)

Thanks

That BBC1 stream works perfectly.... Like watching TV. It started straight away. I guess that means it is the streams I am watching, all the streams have "many" viewers. I am from Argentina as well so maybe it is struggling to find any close peers. I left those streams I am having trouble with for over 20 minutes and one finally managed to buffer, but it wasn't very smooth. At least that test confirms it is working.
    Last edited by Rizzla; 07-08-2010 at 23:38.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rizzla For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (08-08-2010), icerefjm1 (07-08-2010)

Thanks

Great news. Still wouldn't hurt to run the speedtest I mentioned above. Run it 3 times & take the average. That way you'll know you're getting the download/upload bandwidth you're paying for & nothing else unknown is using it if the results are unreasonably low.

Thanks

Thanks for this test stream, DMW! I really needed one to be able to troubleshoot my connections/firewall issues. Can I assume that it's still functioning?

Thanks

Still woks here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to icerefjm1 For This Useful Post:

Scotty43 (22-01-2011)

Thanks

my ST fixed...
    Last edited by neLsOnNYY; 23-01-2011 at 22:07.

Thanks

Default doesn't connect at all

I've installed the p2p version of streamtorrent and added the bbc link, but all I've ever gotten from this is that it's still connecting but the channel seems to be offline. All ports are open, firewall is off, speed test shows 6.49 Mb/s down and 3.81 Mb/s up, ping 25ms. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm dying to watch the IU games and can't get BTN!

Thanks!

Thanks

yeah i cant even get the test stream to come up...whats wrong?

Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by shutch3786 View Post
    I've installed the p2p version of streamtorrent and added the bbc link, but all I've ever gotten from this is that it's still connecting but the channel seems to be offline. All ports are open, firewall is off, speed test shows 6.49 Mb/s down and 3.81 Mb/s up, ping 25ms. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm dying to watch the IU games and can't get BTN!

Thanks!
    2 test channels for you to try they have been up for months(put up by me)...

SKY NEWS
    Code:
    st://Az0CgpwEdTUDNQWCoAHIgBat1Uo79saWcBXWrJZbzGxRihcIU0tZIE5FV1OKQQdkZWZhdWx0iqIETmV3cw==

TRT HABER

Code:
    st://A1UCgpwEdU0DTQWCoAHIgBaNVO/Nv8W312bIK2ff2rFJihcdVFJUIEhBQkVSIC0gd3d3Lm15cDJwZm9ydW0uZXWKQQdkZWZhdWx0iqIHR2VuZXJhbA==

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

Ok, one hello! What a lovely forum I am so tickled I found it. I am trying to figure this out so I can see the UNC game (s)

My speed test results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1154811171.png

I am getting the same problem. I downloaded the fixed version as the original version (did that make sense? ) I have tried everything that I have seen (all the tricks in the stickies, etc) and nothing.

Also, no idea if this is related but ever since I dl'd this program I am getting a yahoo toolbar certificate warning... which is odd as I dont have a yahoo toolbar..

Sorry for not understanding this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Illyriaasl View Post
    Ok, one hello! What a lovely forum I am so tickled I found it. I am trying to figure this out so I can see the UNC game (s)

I am getting the same problem. I downloaded the fixed version as the original version (did that make sense? ) I have tried everything that I have seen (all the tricks in the stickies, etc) and nothing.

Also, no idea if this is related but ever since I dl'd this program I am getting a yahoo toolbar certificate warning... which is odd as I dont have a yahoo toolbar..

Read this please - StreamTorrent NE

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

icerefjm1 (12-02-2011), miahjj (12-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,538 Times in 6,571 Posts

follow the instructions in the first post of this thread:
    http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/521...d-Instructions

if you follow all of these steps, it should work for you. (note that it may take up to 10 minutes for a stream to actually start buffering up to play.)

as far as the yahoo toolbar thing, i'd surmise that it is something other than ST causing this.

EDIT: dmw beat me to it!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miahjj For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (12-02-2011), icerefjm1 (12-02-2011)

Thanks

Sorry I wasn't clear, I did read that. I read all of the stickies and followed all of the instructions to the letter as suggested. I am a mod in a forum as well and hate it when people dont read the stuff we have for them too. I let it sit for 25 minutes and nothing ever happened.

No idea what is going on with the Yahoo issue, I will deal with that later.

Thanks

Sorry I wasn't clear, I did read that. I read all of the stickies and followed all of the instructions to the letter as suggested. I am a mod in a forum as well and hate it when people dont read the stuff we have for them too. I let it sit for 25 minutes and nothing ever happened.

No idea what is going on with the Yahoo issue, I will deal with that later.
    Can you post a screenshot of the yahoo thing...?

Thanks

When/if it pops back up, I certainly will. However, I think the other poster was right when they said it was unrelated. I have not seen it at all today after rebooting.

I am going to pout quite a lot if I dont get to see my Heels.

I have given ST permission in my firewall, and I cant think of anything else to try. I have the connected icon which is good but cant get to a channel. I am trying the BBC alternate link you posted right now and have been for 30 minutes.

I logged out of Skype and Yahoo IM, so as not to use up too much bandwidth. I am open to suggestions. I just feel like I am missing something obvious.

Or my superlative luck with technology continues...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,481 Times in 3,898 Posts

How much crap do you have here...clean it
    FreeIPTVforFreePeople

Thanks

When/if it pops back up, I certainly will. However, I think the other poster was right when they said it was unrelated. I have not seen it at all today after rebooting.

I am going to pout quite a lot if I dont get to see my Heels.

I have given ST permission in my firewall, and I cant think of anything else to try. I have the connected icon which is good but cant get to a channel. I am trying the BBC alternate link you posted right now and have been for 30 minutes.

I logged out of Skype and Yahoo IM, so as not to use up too much bandwidth. I am open to suggestions. I just feel like I am missing something obvious.

Or my superlative luck with technology continues...
    I think ive got you now, your getting the annoying popup right...?

Open Internet Explorer goto Tools --> Internet options --> Security Tab --> Restricted sites --> Click on Sites botton --> paste this & then Add: http://announce.tvaio.net/

Player will now show a blank white view until stream loads & no popups.