Thread: Router password

Thanks

Default Router password

Hi.I have changed my server and my daughter wants to get on facebook with her mobile phone.She needs the password code for my router.Can anyone please tell my how i can find this for her.Thankyou in advance.
    http://tinypic.com/r/30lyuys/5

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,097 Times in 5,374 Posts

Its normally printed on the back of the Router, something like...

SSID: Virginskybt
    NETWORK KEY: EXAMPLE
    CHANNEL: 6
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

tom f (28-01-2011)

Thanks

Thankyou D.M.W.
    Ill let her know when she gets out of bed.Teenagers,eh?lol

Thanks
    Thanked 27,182 Times in 9,405 Posts

Do you really mean Router Password, or do you mean Network Key? These are two entirely different things

A Netwoek Key is a form of wifi security that protects your wifi from other people using it. It is a connect password that laptops and other wifi devices ask for. A router password is the actual password to your router to change settings. The router password is the username/password combination you use to gain access to the routers administrator control panel by going to the routers IP address.

By the way, it is extremely dangerous to leave default router passwords on. Hackers can redirect you to philishing sights, and hack your computer for personal information.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Mac For This Useful Post:

tom f (28-01-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    Its normally printed on the back of the Router, something like...

SSID: Virginskybt
    NETWORK KEY: EXAMPLE
    CHANNEL: 6
    Just tried each one from the router with no luck.Is there another way she can log into fb through the router and mobile?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,181 Posts

try this freeware.. WirelessKeyView , recovers all wireless keys wep/wpa stored in ur computer then your daughter can have an access.

download
    The line that seperates death and life cannot put black and white apart even though every road leads to death no body can put lovers apart. LOVE IS BESIKTAS.

Note that the
    Beşiktaş is the only Turkish club which is entitled to have the Turkish flag on its emblem, because it once represented Turkey against the Greek and USA national teams. The flag is an enduring legacy of officially sanctioned ethnic and religious supremacy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to livesoccer For This Useful Post:

tom f (28-01-2011)

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,097 Times in 5,374 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by livesoccer View Post
    try this freeware.. WirelessKeyView , recovers all wireless keys wep/wpa stored in ur computer then your daughter can have an access.

download
    I think that will just confuse tom even more especially if his using WPA-PSK and all he gets is his key in Hex.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

livesoccer (28-01-2011), tom f (28-01-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    I think that will just confuse tom even more especially if his using WPA-PSK and all he gets is his key in Hex.
    Thanks for the info guys
    Ill wait until my daughter gets back and go through it with her and ill get back onto this thread if i need a wee bit more info.

@ D.M.W. lol.WTF.Way over my head mate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Do you really mean Router Password, or do you mean Network Key? These are two entirely different things

A Netwoek Key is a form of wifi security that protects your wifi from other people using it. It is a connect password that laptops and other wifi devices ask for. A router password is the actual password to your router to change settings. The router password is the username/password combination you use to gain access to the routers administrator control panel by going to the routers IP address.

By the way, it is extremely dangerous to leave default router passwords on. Hackers can redirect you to philishing sights, and hack your computer for personal information.
    Thanks Big Mac.I think its the network key.She just wants to tip the code into her mobile phone so she can get onto fb.