Apr. 6, 2011
Instructions for Installing the new StreamTorrent 1.0 Build 0078 on ANY Windows OS
1) Completely uninstall the old version of ST (streamtorrent) on your PC. Delete and remove all Icons from your desktop, etc.
2) Optional difficult install solution -- To Get a Clean Install you may need to use a PC cleaner like:
CCleaner; Free Window Registry Repair 2.5; or Advanced SystemCare Free, ...after the un-install.
We want to completely remove all traces of the program if possible.
3) Install the new version of StreamTorrent.
4) Manually open StreamTorrent, refresh channel list and select channel, or click a known working link.
5) If it's not working.... keep reading.
(This may be because it's the first time ST has been installed on your PC or it may have been a long time since it was last used.)
StreamTorrent 1.0 Build 0078
1. Removed expiration forever xD.
2. Fixed the XP crashing bug.
Download: StreamTorrent v1.0 (Build 0078)
TASK TRAY ICON
= Partially Connected
Important: If after you have installed and ran StreamTorrent 0078 and you get the Not Connected icon in your System Tray ( ) please follow these very simple steps - Here.
A tutorial with screen shots and directions on how to show/open the hidden "application data" folder where the patch file is to be copied.
MAC USERS: Go here... >> http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/5193...t-In-Parallels
1) Re-install Windows Media Player or Windows 7 Fix. Even if it says you have the latest version. This really helps!
2) In Fire Fox: Program association issue fix:
Go into the browser preferences, browse for a new app to open st links, and manually pick the name streamtorrent.exe . On the surface, it doesn't appear to change anything, but now you should be able open the st:// links by clicking them.
3) Also if you notice that a popup ad or 2 is occurring at the start of a stream loading and/or a webpage in the viewer....
Follow this procedure to stop that:
Open Internet Explorer. Then:
Tools --> Internet options --> Security Tab --> Restricted sites --> Click on Sites button --> paste this URL http://announce.tvaio.net/ & then click Add.
The ST Player will now show a blank white window until the stream loads & no more popups.
Hopefully this solves all the issues we've been having lately with Stream Torrent. If you have a continuing issue it is probably a firewall, anti-virus application (Make sure StreamTorrent is allowed.) or router port-forwarding issue. Go here for more info >> http://portforward.com/
Here are the usual patches and fixes to try as listed in the first posts of NCAA, NFL and MLB Streaming Threads, near the bottom in "Essentials".
- Take the time to learn about the Software and how to use it!
- Be sure your PC's date and time are correct.
- Sometimes you need to close and reopen your browser. ie: Firefox, IE.
- For most streams Internet Explorer, or FireFox is recommended. (solves most problems)
- For ST streams: try opening ST... then delete the channel from your ST channel list... then close ST in the tray... then re-click the link.
- ST FireFox Users: Need to associate Streamtorrent.exe with st://... - More Info, near the bottom.
- MAC USERS: Go here...
- Get the most recent Flash update .
- *NEW >> Re-install Windows Media Player or Windows 7 Fix Even if it says you have the latest version. This really helps!
- Sometimes the software needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
This stuff works >>>>>
- Download StreamTorrent 0078 and you should read ST Guide as well. It's easier to use than TvAnts!
- Windows Firewall should have exception for StreamTorrent. It's streamtorrent.exe; ports 15800 & 15900.
...or for some OS; IPv4 (TCP/UDP): 15800-15899 & IPv6 (TCP/UDP): 15900-15999
- Install the connections patch, especially for Windows XP users at: Overview for XP2 or Overview for XP3 or Overview for W7
- Vista users using ST need to read > Fix-tvants-vista-wmp11
- If you have a continuing issue, try clearing your cache and cookies. CCleaner works well for this.
- Or you may need to try and Repair/Reset Winsock settings
- Search the StreamTorrent forum at WiZiWiG Forums
- Still can't find an answer? Start a thread in the StreamTorrent forum and ask for help.
NOTE: If it's a quick question, you may make a post in one of the streaming threads. If a mod is present you will get the fastest response.
*~ HUGE thanks to Admin, Mods- DeadManWalking, Miahjj, Icerefjm1, Big Mac and others for their superb efforts in finding a way for us to continue using StreamTorrent. It's absolutely the best and safest way to stream or view streams!! ENJOY!!!