Thread: is pplive worth installing?

Thanks

Default is pplive worth installing?

as the title really, maybe iam getting a bit nostelgic but i miss star sports and i've heard you can get shtv in HQ on pplive?
    is it worth installing and would it interfere with my soppy installation (i remember ppmate used to do that) what version pplive should be installed and is there anything dodgy i should be aware of?

thanks for any advice

Thanks
    Thanked 21,843 Times in 9,573 Posts

If you like to watch chinese sports channels then its worth it, and of course if you like other chinese tv or movies. Latest version should be fine and with all software dont install addons or toolbars

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

jamjars (19-02-2011)

Thanks

thank you admin, i'll have a play around when i finish work. thank you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jamjars For This Useful Post:

Admin (19-02-2011)

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,078 Times in 5,373 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamjars View Post
    as the title really, maybe iam getting a bit nostelgic but i miss star sports and i've heard you can get shtv in HQ on pplive?
    is it worth installing and would it interfere with my soppy installation (i remember ppmate used to do that) what version pplive should be installed and is there anything dodgy i should be aware of?

thanks for any advice
    Just a few notes PPLive is now called PPTV and it comes in 4 flavors

1. PPTV 3.0. 0.0017 Trial <-- So im guesing this is a pay version or Beta ? so no link
    2. PPTV 2.7.0.0031 official version
    3. PPTV Lite
    4. PPTV WebPlayer Plugin <-- No need to install the full software plays streams in your browser.

They also have another plugin called PPAccelerator what helps with your viewing limits.

A little info...
    PPLive is a leading online video company in China, Founded in 2004, as the first China online video media, PPLive offers the most influential and high sticky online TV services, PPTV, including both live streaming and video–on-demand throughout China, PPTV is the largest aggregator of China TV programs with over 120 TV stations, thousands of TV shows and programs. PPLive has more than 200 million user installations and its active monthly user base (as of Dec 2010) is 104 million, i.e, PPLive has a 43% penetration of Chinese internet users. With its innovative user experiences, such as live chatting, and SNS, average viewing time per person per day has reach over 2 hours and 30 minutes, the highest stickiness among all China websites.

PPLive has developed a world-class and extremely scalable video distribution platform that delivers better quality videos faster, smoother and more cost efficient than competitors. PPlive offers users online interactive video entertainment services comprised of client software for online live/on-demand broadcasting, website and communities (www.pptv.com), video accelerator (PPVA), and video search (PP.tv).

PPLive is positioned to be the best online TV platform providing the highest quality videos anytime anywhere on any internet enabled devices.
    Final note never click any of the Chinese ads and disable it from running on startup with CCleaner.

Other than that its a great program.

EDIT: Just seen on the PPTV English page they have MyP2P as one of the official download sites for there software...
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

jamjars (19-02-2011), Redbullsnation (02-04-2011)

Thanks

Yea I agree its a great program , been using it a long time now and no problems .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonelless For This Useful Post:

Admin (19-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,467 Times in 3,895 Posts

Always been a good and clean one.I'd rather stick to v.2.7.0.0031 which I am using regularly for some HD channels.
    FreeIPTVforFreePeople

Thanks

thanks just installing now, official download seems very slow though. thanks for the info guys

Thanks

hmmm kind of difficult to test without any games on, can't seem to find any sports channels, will test when theres a game on

Thanks

First remember that Google does translate it,and that there is also http://ikan.pptv.com/living/
    Forgotten...
    Mainly for two channels not very well known,somewhere...
    ONE and TWO
    Last edited by algi; 20-02-2011 at 08:19.
    FreeIPTVforFreePeople

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to algi For This Useful Post:

jamjars (19-02-2011), Redbullsnation (02-04-2011)

Thanks

thanks for the help man, i get it now. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 21,843 Times in 9,573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by algi View Post
    First remember that Google does translate it,and that there is also http://ikan.pptv.com/living/
    Forgotten...
    Mainly for two channels not very well known,somewhere...
    ONE and TWO
    Are the CableSports/Soccer working again then? its just a bit on/off with PPlive lately, sometimes the Sports channels work, sometimes they dont and you get the error (I think) that it's offline or blocked

Thanks
    Thanked 4,661 Times in 2,741 Posts

Tried this a few weeks back and it didnt work also unticking boxes i still had some crap installed so i had to use a restore point when it works its great just be careful what it installs on your pc.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to uggla For This Useful Post:

hendy_21 (10-04-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Are the CableSports/Soccer working again then? its just a bit on/off with PPlive lately, sometimes the Sports channels work, sometimes they dont and you get the error (I think) that it's offline or blocked
    You should find everything in your mail-box.
    FreeIPTVforFreePeople

Thanks

Same as uggla, installed it and unchecked all boxes and it still installed crap on my lappy so removed the whole thing. i don't ever trust a program that installs things when uncheked. if they have a hidden agend there what else will they do?????

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flysfooty For This Useful Post:

Admin (29-04-2011), Crotale (08-10-2012)