Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 753

Thread: RTMPDump Q+A's

  1. #361
    DEAD_MAN_WALKING's Avatar
    DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennywell, Sunderland
    Posts
    13,370
    Thanks
    11,380
    Thanked 14,057 Times in 5,369 Posts

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    \
    thanks, but the problem with firebug and wireshark is that they dont pick up rtmp links for such streams such as the one i have attached. Whereas StreamTransport does,, so is their any way for streamtransport to play mips tv streams( because it doesnt load)
    Sorry mate your beyond help i give in...
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

    If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bochum, Germany
    Posts
    1,129
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked 813 Times in 374 Posts

    Default

    Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    (Samuel Beckett)

    2d0b2pj.jpg

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wired_ For This Useful Post:

    DEAD_MAN_WALKING (07-05-2012), smart1 (07-05-2012)

  4. #363
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leipzig, Germany
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 385 Times in 156 Posts

    Default

    sorry for getting involved, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    \
    thanks, but the problem with firebug and wireshark is that they dont pick up rtmp links for such streams such as the one i have attached. Whereas StreamTransport does,, so is their any way for streamtransport to play mips tv streams( because it doesnt load)
    then do what ppl have suggested on here to you and to others...use the webpage tools in firefox/chrome. i got your silly link in 5 mins (with copying to a terminal for rtmpdump play). And please take the time to read through the forums here, even pages you might not primarily be interested in. you'll find information and answers to alot (but not all) of your questions there.
    and finally, there (unfortunately) is no be all end all solution for this kind of stuff and you won't find that one tool that does everything the way you want. if you want that, you'll have to write that program. trust me, we'd be greatful to you. But untill then either learn how to use different tools, or stop moaning, because as entertaining as you've been the past few days, i have to feel with everyone who has patiently been trying to help to the point where they want to yell at you because you seem to think that by asking the same question enough times you'll finally get the answer you want to hear.
    really buddy, start to learn how to use all the tools you#ve downloaded and don't give up & start to moan when it doesn't work the first time


    Quote Originally Posted by wired_ View Post
    Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    (Samuel Beckett)
    so true, so true

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thatguy7669 For This Useful Post:

    DEAD_MAN_WALKING (07-05-2012), sandy187 (07-05-2012), smart1 (07-05-2012)

  6. #364
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7669 View Post
    sorry for getting involved, but....


    then do what ppl have suggested on here to you and to others...use the webpage tools in firefox/chrome. i got your silly link in 5 mins (with copying to a terminal for rtmpdump play). And please take the time to read through the forums here, even pages you might not primarily be interested in. you'll find information and answers to alot (but not all) of your questions there.
    and finally, there (unfortunately) is no be all end all solution for this kind of stuff and you won't find that one tool that does everything the way you want. if you want that, you'll have to write that program. trust me, we'd be greatful to you. But untill then either learn how to use different tools, or stop moaning, because as entertaining as you've been the past few days, i have to feel with everyone who has patiently been trying to help to the point where they want to yell at you because you seem to think that by asking the same question enough times you'll finally get the answer you want to hear.
    really buddy, start to learn how to use all the tools you#ve downloaded and don't give up & start to moan when it doesn't work the first time




    so true, so true
    thanks for the advice i shall follow the rules better,
    that's great it works for wired!,
    i have attached a screenshot of what it comes on my stream transport,
    may anyone help me i tried many times and looked on google but no solution i could find.
    your help is greatly helpful
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #365
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leipzig, Germany
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 385 Times in 156 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    thanks for the advice i shall follow the rules better,
    that's great it works for wired!,
    i have attached a screenshot of what it comes on my stream transport,
    may anyone help me i tried many times and looked on google but no solution i could find.
    your help is greatly helpful
    use wireshark for that one if streamtransport doesn't work

  8. #366
    DEAD_MAN_WALKING's Avatar
    DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennywell, Sunderland
    Posts
    13,370
    Thanks
    11,380
    Thanked 14,057 Times in 5,369 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    thanks for the advice i shall follow the rules better,
    that's great it works for wired!,
    i have attached a screenshot of what it comes on my stream transport,
    may anyone help me i tried many times and looked on google but no solution i could find.
    your help is greatly helpful
    You actually thank thatguy7669 for the guidance then you still come out with the same old stuff, just forget about stream transport for the moment and checkout other tools and see how they all work.

    http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/4103...treaming-URL-s
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

    If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

  9. #367
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    You actually thank thatguy7669 for the guidance then you still come out with the same old stuff, just forget about stream transport for the moment and checkout other tools and see how they all work.

    http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/4103...treaming-URL-s
    okay i will use wireshark, it worked!,
    but could i asked wired, how come it doesnt load on streamtransport, as wired got the link to work on streamtransport.
    thankyou
    sorry for the disturbance, i will not annoyagain after this problem.
    thankyou dearly if any one can help with this. and no more annoyance after this problem ..
    Thanks
    Last edited by smart1; 07-05-2012 at 13:57.

  10. #368
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,040
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 4,549 Times in 1,710 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    \
    thanks, but the problem with firebug and wireshark is that they dont pick up rtmp links for such streams such as the one i have attached. Whereas StreamTransport does,, so is their any way for streamtransport to play mips tv streams( because it doesnt load)
    Really? Then why was I able to find the actual page and rtmp info that you posted? All with firebug.

  11. #369
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bochum, Germany
    Posts
    1,129
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked 813 Times in 374 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    but could i asked wired, how come it doesnt load on streamtransport, as wired got the link to work on streamtransport.
    thankyou
    Hard to tell, as I don't know what your system looks like.
    Could be that...

    - another version of ST will work better for you
    - the roots are in IE, for example a plugin is not installed/up-to-date

    Even if we knew what exactly you have and do, it wouldn't be easy to figure out what's going wrong, as it is always a lot of trying and failing needed to resolve issues as this one. It actually could be anything.
    So the best you can do: learn by doing. Plus a lot of googling and even more reading.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wired_ For This Useful Post:

    DEAD_MAN_WALKING (07-05-2012), sandy187 (07-05-2012)

  13. #370
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wired_ View Post
    Hard to tell, as I don't know what your system looks like.
    Could be that...

    - another version of ST will work better for you
    - the roots are in IE, for example a plugin is not installed/up-to-date

    Even if we knew what exactly you have and do, it wouldn't be easy to figure out what's going wrong, as it is always a lot of trying and failing needed to resolve issues as this one. It actually could be anything.
    So the best you can do: learn by doing. Plus a lot of googling and even more reading.
    thanks wired i willl do that thanks

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smart1 For This Useful Post:

    DEAD_MAN_WALKING (07-05-2012), wired_ (07-05-2012)

  15. #371
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 37 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxingfanatic View Post
    Lots of pages here, Anyways long story short can anyone tell me how I can play and record RTMP format streams on this?
    Can anyone answer? I would like to record and upload sporting events here on the forum, Thanks.

  16. #372
    DEAD_MAN_WALKING's Avatar
    DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennywell, Sunderland
    Posts
    13,370
    Thanks
    11,380
    Thanked 14,057 Times in 5,369 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxingfanatic View Post
    Can anyone answer? I would like to record and upload sporting events here on the forum, Thanks.
    I think instead of anyone explaining again and making the thread even longer i think you should start reading, also look at the rtmpGUI thread.

    A little help...

    Record
    Code:
     
    -o "xxxxxxxxxx.flv"
    Live
    Code:
     | C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe -
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

    If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

    sandy187 (08-05-2012)

  18. #373
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    i would like to let you know i fixed the issue by clearing my temp file and now the player works fine. one time i noticed when i rtmpdumped a stream, that the stream on vlc buffers , and the online stream doesnt. Is this because of my vlc version, or are my vlc settings wrong(default) or should i switch to M player? i have vlc version 2.0.0

  19. #374
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leipzig, Germany
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 385 Times in 156 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    i would like to let you know i fixed the issue by clearing my temp file and now the player works fine. one time i noticed when i rtmpdumped a stream, that the stream on vlc buffers , and the online stream doesnt. Is this because of my vlc version, or are my vlc settings wrong(default) or should i switch to M player? i have vlc version 2.0.0
    from what i've read here (and in my own opinion), downgrade vlc to 1.1.11. it takes care of all your rtmpdump wishes. you could install mplayer as a backup for any streams that cause problems or won't open in vlc. and about the buffer....does vlc buffer every time you open that stream, or was it one off occurance? are there any other sources for that particular stream? were you running any other programmes that require a net connection?

  20. #375
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7669 View Post
    from what i've read here (and in my own opinion), downgrade vlc to 1.1.11. it takes care of all your rtmpdump wishes. you could install mplayer as a backup for any streams that cause problems or won't open in vlc. and about the buffer....does vlc buffer every time you open that stream, or was it one off occurance? are there any other sources for that particular stream? were you running any other programmes that require a net connection?
    thanks for the reply.
    about the buffer...it happens regularly i have noticed and no other programs that require net connection were used..
    when i compare the vlc stream to the online stream, side by side, i can seee that the vlc stream gets stuck every 10 seconds or so whereas the online site doesnt.

    p.s i installed mplayer and im confused how to rtmpdump with it
    and thanks for any solutions for the vlc buffering issue.
    Last edited by smart1; 10-05-2012 at 22:29.

  21. #376
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leipzig, Germany
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 385 Times in 156 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    thanks for the reply.
    about the buffer...it happens regularly i have noticed and no other programs that require net connection were used..
    when i compare the vlc stream to the online stream, side by side, i can seee that the vlc stream gets stuck every 10 seconds or so whereas the online site doesnt.

    p.s i installed mplayer and im confused how to rtmpdump with it
    and thanks for any solutions for the vlc buffering issue.
    mplayer should use the same commands, since when you use rtmpdump, all the commands you issue are directed to rtmpdump. the output then gets piped to vlc, mplayer, flvplayer. so substitute vlc with mplayer and you should be good to go. as for the buffering...since i haven't had it happen that i absolutley felt i had to force vlc to play something (either it did, or i used another player) i've never seen any need to mess with the settings. it could even be that the web site you're streaming from figured out a way to add these "hiccups", thus forcing you to view the stream on their site. after all, it's all about positive ratings.

  22. #377
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7669 View Post
    mplayer should use the same commands, since when you use rtmpdump, all the commands you issue are directed to rtmpdump. the output then gets piped to vlc, mplayer, flvplayer. so substitute vlc with mplayer and you should be good to go. as for the buffering...since i haven't had it happen that i absolutley felt i had to force vlc to play something (either it did, or i used another player) i've never seen any need to mess with the settings. it could even be that the web site you're streaming from figured out a way to add these "hiccups", thus forcing you to view the stream on their site. after all, it's all about positive ratings.
    thankyou for your help, must be the stream

  23. #378
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    thankyou for your help, must be the stream
    on second thought, i tried another stream and it buffered a lot in vlc 1.11.1, so i decided to use mplayer and give it go
    so i wrote rtmpdump -v -r rtmp.....-w ........player....-p...... | MPUI -
    yet it didnt load in mplayer
    i have attached the mplayer download link i have got.
    thanks
    also heard the mplayer doesnt need rtmpdump, is that possible and what is the best version for mplayer (download link thanks)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by smart1; 11-05-2012 at 10:36.

  24. #379
    DEAD_MAN_WALKING's Avatar
    DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennywell, Sunderland
    Posts
    13,370
    Thanks
    11,380
    Thanked 14,057 Times in 5,369 Posts

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by smart1 View Post
    on second thought, i tried another stream and it buffered a lot in vlc 1.11.1, so i decided to use mplayer and give it go
    so i wrote rtmpdump -v -r rtmp.....-w ........player....-p...... | MPUI -
    yet it didnt load in mplayer
    i have attached the mplayer download link i have got.
    thanks
    also heard the mplayer doesnt need rtmpdump, is that possible and what is the best version for mplayer (download link thanks)
    Just like in rtmpdump type this in a CMD window...
    Code:
    mplayer --help
    Using mplayer instead of VLC you nead to add the cache value like...
    | mplayer -cache 8192 -
    As for using mplayer instead of rtmpdump, yes you can but its not as straight forward as rtmpdump.

    Example just for dumping a audio stream...
    Code:
    mplayer -v -ao pcm -vo null -vc dummy -cache 8192 -dumpaudio -dumpfile
    "Track 1.mp3" "rtmp://blah.somecdn/somepath/mp3:flash/content/Track 1"
    What version of mplayer ?

    Well thats up to you there are many builds for windows all compiled by different groups/people.
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

    If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

    sandy187 (11-05-2012)

  26. #380
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    Just like in rtmpdump type this in a CMD window...
    Code:
    mplayer --help
    Using mplayer instead of VLC you nead to add the cache value like...


    As for using mplayer instead of rtmpdump, yes you can but its not as straight forward as rtmpdump.

    Example just for dumping a audio stream...
    Code:
    mplayer -v -ao pcm -vo null -vc dummy -cache 8192 -dumpaudio -dumpfile
    "Track 1.mp3" "rtmp://blah.somecdn/somepath/mp3:flash/content/Track 1"
    What version of mplayer ?

    Well thats up to you there are many builds for windows all compiled by different groups/people.

    thankyou that worked perfectly, but is their any solution to why it is buffering in vlc? do i need to increase my cache?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •