With the new release (Since 2.0.4 and higher) it's easy to let Sopcast open with VLC. Very helpfull when you want to watch some specific channels which only work with VLC. You only have to setup this once and you can use it all the time.
How to do?;
* Make sure to have the latest Sopcast, or version 2.0.4, 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 and newer
* Download VLC:
MAC OSX Download VLC media player for Mac OS X
Windows Download VLC media player for Windows
* Install it
* Open Sopcast, and go to Options (at the bottom --> Option)
* Choose the external player
* Use my Own Media Player
* Select there VLC.exe (tip: search for VLC on your pc --> in the folder/map there you can select the VLC icon)
* Standard is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
Accept this, and restart Sopcast. Yet you can easy open it in the external VLC player. Start a channel, wait untill it has buffered > 30%, and then select the below button;
Now it will open in VLC and you can see the channel normally. This can be done everytime you don't get a picture or you get a weird screen. Keep the trick in mind as you can need it quite a few times.
Or, Open VLC --> Open Network stream --> Http --> 127.0.0.1:8902 and press ok. But sopcast and a channel should be running first (as usual)!
Not running smooth or you got issues?
Originally Posted by Big Mac
The following may help the smoothness of your stream in VLC
- Open VLC
- From the VLC Menu select Tools
- From the drop down menu select Preferences
- From the menu on the left side select Video
- In the display section uncheck the following two options:
Advanced Video Output (Overlay)
Use Hardware YUV->RGB Conversions
- When they are unchecked, click Save.
Then close and restart VLC.