Thread: NUTJOB in VLC OR Add Delay to NUTJOB STREAM

Thanks

Default NUTJOB in VLC OR Add Delay to NUTJOB STREAM

Hello All,

I apologize if this has been asked/answered before. I tried multiple searches on both these forums and google and have not been able to come up with a solution so I figured I'd post. First my problem:

I stream hockey from this site every other night or so (Boston Bruins fan with no TV or Gamecenter Live) and I find the nutjob streams to offer my local announcers more often than not (Yes, I actually like Jack Edwards). However, there are quite commonly russian Acestreams (UA) with much higher bitrates that allow me to actually see the puck which is quite nice. The problem is the russian commentary makes it a tough choice, listen and understand the game, or understand the video.

Normally the nutjob stream is ahead of the acestream so I need to find a way to delay the nutjob stream. I have looked at the source code of the nutjob pages and found links like rtmp://rtmp.espnwatch.tv:1935/redirect and tried to open them in a separate VLS player with an added delay but none of the links I find seem to work.

Does anyone know how to delay a nutjob stream via a different method or at least the right link to play a nutjob stream in VLC?

Nutjob streams are available at nutjob.eu or just check the icehockey/nhlstreams.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Adam Kryskow

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,106 Posts

rtmpdump...

--------------------------SkyTalkerTV's wall-------------------------------------------
    You're watching SkyTalkerTV & SkyTalkerTV2 & SkyTalkerTV-S!! The Greatest Stream in the World!!!
    LETS GO YANKEES!! LETS GO YANKEES!!
    John Sterling and Michael Kay for life
    Ballgame over!! Yankees win!! THEEEEE YANKEES WIN!!
    SEE-YA!

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,057 Times in 5,369 Posts

Press pause
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 611 Posts

stop this shit if he doesn't like what nutjob is doing go learn russian

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SHARE2 For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (17-03-2013), Redbullsnation (18-03-2013)

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,057 Times in 5,369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SHARE2 View Post
    stop this shit if he doesn't like what nutjob is doing go learn russian
    All he has to do is play the Russian Ace stream then play nutjobs stream in his browser then pause it till the Russian stream catches up simple...

But i think this guy is trying to rip the stream for his own evil purposes...?
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

Redbullsnation (18-03-2013), SHARE2 (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,623 Times in 3,339 Posts

Everytime i hear the word Russian i always think of

He might just be the same guy doing the russian commentary!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quixote For This Useful Post:

adamkry (18-03-2013), hendy_21 (17-03-2013), Redbullsnation (18-03-2013)

Thanks

All,

I will google rtmpdmp.

When I hit pause on the nutjob streams it doesn't actually pause and restart like you would expect, it stops and then restarts 'live' again. And to the person I offended I apologize. I love what nutjob is doing. I mention him because he my number 1 go to streamer who always provides the stream I choose to watch. His 175 bitrate seems to be of higher quality than a lot of other streams with higher bitrates, but when compared to the acestream it obviously cant't compete. I'm not asking him to change anything, I just wanted to know if I could apply a workaround to the situation.

Nutjob,

Thanks for your efforts. I apologize if I came across as unappreciative, that is not the case. I really do appreciate you and everyone's efforts here.

Thanks everyone!

Oh, and I'm not 'stealing' the stream for evil purposes... I can't think of any reason that would even be a real problem/threat, that's how far out of the loop I am in terms of 'streaming'.

Adam Kryskow

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamkry For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (18-03-2013), quixote (20-03-2013)