Thread: MainApp not compatible with Core module?!?

Thanks

Since trying to install the latest Sopcast software, I've twice gotten the error message: ""SopCast MainApp is not compatible with SopCast CORE module. Please download SopCast installation package from www.sopcast.com again and reinstall it!!""

I did reinstall it from the links at MyP2P (because I can't read the Chinese on sopcast.com's official site) .. and then the module worked! I watched the Coventry v Ipswich game. BUT today (Day Two) it is giving me the SAME ERROR MESSAGE! Luckily I can watch the Derby v Blackburn match via TVAnts.

I'm using Vista Home Premium OS on an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop and DSL internet link.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,879 Times in 9,586 Posts

Thanks

I had same problem.It's a problem of compatibility between latest Sopcast and PPmate.
    Rollback to 1.1.2 sopcast version:only in this way your problem will disappear.

dapxin is offline Ex-Mod and Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks

Just reinstall.

It clears after you reinstall soppy again.
    Sit next to a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. Sit on a red-hot stove for a minute, it seems like an hour. That's relativity.-- Albert Einstein

Thanks

the problems does always with new version, it cant reinstall all the time.
    How to resolve?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manning
    How to resolve?
    It might be best to take that issue to the people at Sopcast (sopcast.com).

Thanks

I'VE REINSTALLED 1.2 VERSION BUT AFTER FIRST USE IT UPGRADE AUTOMATICALLY latest version! :(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noyb16
    Quote Originally Posted by Manning
    How to resolve?
    It might be best to take that issue to the people at Sopcast (sopcast.com).
    indeed, it happens when you watch webplayers and external player at the same time, especially out to date webplayers. It works, but uses 1.1.2 module, and externally next time doesn't match then with the new one.

So: people with Sopcast webplayers need to update their pages I guess...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi
    Since trying to install the latest Sopcast software, I've twice gotten the error message: ""SopCast MainApp is not compatible with SopCast CORE module. Please download SopCast installation package from www.sopcast.com again and reinstall it!!""

I did reinstall it from the links at MyP2P (because I can't read the Chinese on sopcast.com's official site) .. and then the module worked! I watched the Coventry v Ipswich game. BUT today (Day Two) it is giving me the SAME ERROR MESSAGE! Luckily I can watch the Derby v Blackburn match via TVAnts.

I'm using Vista Home Premium OS on an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop and DSL internet link.
    Hi Yankiwi,

Have you downloaded PPMATE latest version by any chance? If yes, they are in conflict to each other..

Uninstall PPMATE and Sopcast.

Run a PC registry clean up, and delete everything related to Sopcast and PPmate.

Download the latest version of sopcast but an older version of PPMATE,
    PPMATE Version 1.7.33 is the ideal one for me

It should work... Had the same problem yesterday but it is fixed now.

TILL THE LAST MINUTE OF MY LIFE THIS CLUB WILL BE ALWAYS IN MY HEART! UNITED FOR LIFE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michi
    I had same problem.It's a problem of compatibility between latest Sopcast and PPmate.
    Rollback to 1.1.2 sopcast version:only in this way your problem will disappear.
    ONLY IN THIS WAY WORK.
    I had the same problem.Listen to me.....
    After the installation of Sopcast 1.1.2 ,you have to remove MANUALLY the folder "UPDATE". (on your C:/Sopcast etc etc)
    So your version will be always the 1.1.2 and all your problems will disappear.
    Isn't a problem of PPmate but of sopcast.

Thanks

SopCast and PPMate have issues. PPMate appears to re-register the sopcore.osx and linking fails for the main Sopcast App
    This IS an issue with PPmate as PPmate attempts to bundle a bunch of other controls (tvu, sop, neo,pplive, ppstream etc) in turn changing versions of the ocx or clssid's of the controls.

Be careful with ppmate as well, it downloads exe files in the background, some of which avast is labeling as trojans. They appear to be comming from the bundled ppstream control. Might be false positives, but I don't trust it.
    Sopcast Forum Admin

Thanks

Thanks for clearing up, but in my opinion these errors came when I used IE to watch several webplayers (outdated), used firefox with the sopcast webplayer and the regular Sopcast Application.

Will check it out again, could also be I used PPMate in the meanwhile which caused this problem. Thanks!