Thread: Veetle not working

Thanks

Default Veetle not working

I have never been able to play veetle player. I have the latest veetle plugins, when i go to the website and click on a video, it tries to load and then a message comes "Unable to tune in Your firewall may be misconfigured".
    I use McAfee antivirus, i have given full access to veetle but still it doesn't plays.
    What's the problem, i don't understand?
    Has anyone gone through a similar problem?
    I live in dubai, UAE, is it a problem with my ISP?

Please help me.
    Last edited by raheem94; 21-01-2012 at 11:35.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,807 Times in 979 Posts

I've had the same problem in the past, and like you I also have McAfee. I'm in UK btw.

Try clearing your Cache/Browser History, that normally helps. It also could be the website being down and experiencing problems. Or try resetting your Hub/Router.

However, I've just visited veetles website and clicked on a few links. Some loaded and played, but the buffer symbol wasn't veetle. Others prompted me to 'Upgrade To Veetle TV'. I tried this but it was interrupted and failed, so I'll try again later maybe. So it could be a simple update of the player.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,104 Posts

I have zonealarm on my computer as my fire and every time i go and watch a Veetle stream unless I click allow on zonealarm within about 3 secs it will not leave me view a channel.

Veetle has got a forum to http://forums.veetle.com/questions/ maybe someone there could help? it does not look like your the only person having this problem.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,093 Times in 5,373 Posts

Veetle have updated there TV plugin today so it needs re-downloading and installing...

Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

icerefjm1 (21-01-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheHurtLocker873 View Post
    I've had the same problem in the past, and like you I also have McAfee. I'm in UK btw.

Try clearing your Cache/Browser History, that normally helps. It also could be the website being down and experiencing problems. Or try resetting your Hub/Router.

However, I've just visited veetles website and clicked on a few links. Some loaded and played, but the buffer symbol wasn't veetle. Others prompted me to 'Upgrade To Veetle TV'. I tried this but it was interrupted and failed, so I'll try again later maybe. So it could be a simple update of the player.
    Thanks for your reply. Veetle has never worked for me. I have given it full access by McAfee but still it gives the same error whenever i try to load a video.
    By the way is veetle hd the best or sopcast.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raheem94 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Veetle has never worked for me. I have given it full access by McAfee but still it gives the same error whenever i try to load a video.
    For test purposes try turning off your McAfee firewall all together to see if it works if not turn it straight back on.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

I very rarely use veetle anyway, and after reading some posts on their forum I may not bother updating. But I'll keep an eye on things in there for future reference, cos you get good HD films on veetle if you catch them at the right time.

Personally I prefer sopcast.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    For test purposes try turning off your McAfee firewall all together to see if it works if not turn it straight back on.
    I have tried this as well but still it give the same error message.

Thanks

I have tried this as well but still it give the same error message.
    It Veetle mate that';s what they do. Remember when they 1st came out...?

Bloody great wasn't it

end of the day veetle & vlc need to sort things, i can post a link for a site in Bulgarian site what states its P2P, but its not its not, its VLC the plugin in disguise .

Thanks

I very rarely use veetle anyway, and after reading some posts on their forum I may not bother updating. But I'll keep an eye on things in there for future reference, cos you get good HD films on veetle if you catch them at the right time.

Personally I prefer sopcast.
    What do you mean by "right time". Veetle has never worked for me so i don't know much about it.
    How does veetle works like sopcast or flash e.g. If sopcast buffers completely then it works completely fine, uninterrupted. While flash links have a lot of interruptions and buffer again and again. So does veetle works like flash or sopcast?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    It Veetle mate that's what they do. Remember when they 1st came out...?

Bloody great wasn't it

end of the day veetle & vlc need to sort things, i can post a link for a site in Bulgaria what states its P2P, but its not, its VLC the plugin in disguise .
    You mean that veetle is not P2P, so will it have a lot of interruptions while working like flash or will it work like sopcast(P2P) uninterrupted.
    Can you please also tell me what is bit rate? I think the higher the bit rate you choose the better is the streaming quality. I have a 8Mbps internet with upload speed of 1Mbps, so what bitrate will be best for me?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,104 Posts

downloaded the new update from veetle and this is what i get
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dart180 View Post
    downloaded the new update from veetle and this is what i get
    Make sure you let the plugin access the network through your firewall.

Thanks

What do you mean by "right time". Veetle has never worked for me so i don't know much about it.
    How does veetle works like sopcast or flash e.g. If sopcast buffers completely then it works completely fine, uninterrupted. While flash links have a lot of interruptions and buffer again and again. So does veetle works like flash or sopcast?
    What I mean by, "right time". When you go on Movies section, the broadcasters have a timetable. You can click on a link to any movie, but it could be an hour or so into the film, and there's no way of re-winding. But if you happen to catch the start of a movie you like, then happy days. Some links show a timed schedule of what films they are showing and what times they are likely to start.

Edit;:.... Just downloaded the new player, and all is working well!... Movies is now in the entertainment link on the left of the page.
    Last edited by TheHurtLocker873; 26-01-2012 at 00:40. Reason: Update

Thanks
    Thanked 4,120 Times in 1,553 Posts

with new 0.9.19 work without any problem
    Last edited by blinertv; 26-01-2012 at 02:50.

Thanks

What I mean by, "right time". When you go on Movies section, the broadcasters have a timetable. You can click on a link to any movie, but it could be an hour or so into the film, and there's no way of re-winding. But if you happen to catch the start of a movie you like, then happy days. Some links show a timed schedule of what films they are showing and what times they are likely to start.

Edit;:.... Just downloaded the new player, and all is working well!... Movies is now in the entertainment link on the left of the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinertv View Post
    with new 0.9.19 work without any problem
    I have the new player 0.9.19 installed, but still it doesn't works. I have given veetle acess through my antivirus, mcafee. I have also tried to run veetle by switching off mcafee, but still it gives the same error.
    Is there any solution?
    I have added the image of the error with this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default cant download

i can not download veetle at all , everytime i click on the download button it sends me right back to the first page for the download.is there anywhere else to get it from. dont know why this is happening

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobwal View Post
    i can not download veetle at all , everytime i click on the download button it sends me right back to the first page for the download.is there anywhere else to get it from. dont know why this is happening

thanks
    Veetle in last week or so have made the biggest boo boo(no swearing) ever since there last update. I can go to a stream what i know works and i have the latest plugin but still insists i install it...?

Veetle really need to give there heads a shake and i say never try fixing something that was not broke in the 1st place...

Maybe someone can make a mirror download mate for you but its still not guaranteed to work.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,196 Times in 9,782 Posts

Veetle Fast Windows Mirror (Exe) http://www.mediafire.com/?y5spnh7diiip035
    Veetle Fast Windows Mirror (Zip) http://www.mediafire.com/?eub1cqym6hxfq06

Try those to see if it works

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

dart180 (03-02-2012)

Thanks

I never get good broadcast out of veetle player ,it's a shame as picture is high quality.
    given up trying to fix it.