Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Just wondering - WHY?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default Just wondering - WHY?

    Why anyone uses p2p streams?
    Thanks to wonderful posters help on here, I watch everything on streaming, ad free, in REAL TIME.
    Why would anyone want to watch on cpu heavy p2p, with all the hassles, on a delayed p2p stream?

    NOT knocking p2p streamers - but asking WHY? I see NO advantage?
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,528
    Thanks
    2,070
    Thanked 3,968 Times in 971 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggster View Post
    Why anyone uses p2p streams?
    Thanks to wonderful posters help on here, I watch everything on streaming, ad free, in REAL TIME.
    Why would anyone want to watch on cpu heavy p2p, with all the hassles, on a delayed p2p stream?

    NOT knocking p2p streamers - but asking WHY? I see NO advantage?

    P2P tends to be more stable than flash... and some people dont mind the delay aslong as they get to see the game

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PremierStreams For This Useful Post:

    tafftog (20-02-2012), Twiggster (20-02-2012)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    10,019
    Thanks
    5,365
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 4,026 Posts

    Default

    err... p2p is generally higher quality, more stable, doesn't get banned, has no ads.. I assume if you watch everything 'on streaming ad free' you mean flash based streams on web pages, and you are using FF or Chrome with ad blocker? Many people don't use those browsers and don't have ad blocker, beside which why should it be necessary to block ads when you can have them ad free?

    oh, and it's not real time, the delay is just generally less but still some delay due to the laws of physics. even your TV picture has a couple of seconds delay from real time due to the speed of light being a universal limit.

    Oh, and some p2p platforms allow complete anonymity, where as if you have a website, you are much more traceable, although obviously that's not an issue for the viewer though, but there are some streamers who only use p2p for that reason.
    We do not know truth,we only know our opinions, and those of others

    Wiziwig Premier League Prediction Game here

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bertcocaine For This Useful Post:

    tafftog (20-02-2012), Twiggster (20-02-2012)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default

    Fair enough - like I said, was just wondering. Each to their own - tho I prefer real time!
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twiggster For This Useful Post:

    bertcocaine (21-02-2012), PremierStreams (20-02-2012)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,067
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 4,607 Times in 1,733 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggster View Post
    Fair enough - like I said, was just wondering. Each to their own - tho I prefer real time!
    So you watch every game live in person at the stadiums because you prefer "real time"?

    Because every method of broadcast has its own delay. Radio/TV/Flash/P2P.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to a-t For This Useful Post:

    bertcocaine (21-02-2012)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a-t View Post
    So you watch every game live in person at the stadiums because you prefer "real time"?

    Because every method of broadcast has its own delay. Radio/TV/Flash/P2P.
    Flash streams are usually only a micronanosecond behind real time commentary I'm getting from DAB radio. THAT is the difference.Go figure.

    As live as possibly can be, without being there.., unlike horrible p2p 50 second visual delays from what I'm hearing OK?

    Edit to say - AGAIN - I am NOT knocking p2p streamers...there are times that they are all I have to follow games if no Flash ones are available and I am VERY grateful to them, that I have a way to follow certain events, even on delay

    As I am grateful to EVERYONE who streams via Wiziwig! YESSS!!!
    Last edited by Twiggster; 20-02-2012 at 23:59.
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

  11. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    10,019
    Thanks
    5,365
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 4,026 Posts

    Default

    Flash streams are usually only a micronanosecond behind real time commentary I'm getting from DAB radio.
    you might want to try comparing DAB with FM on a radio station, you'll find DAB has a delay from FM, which itself has a delay from the broadcast, as demonstrated when people phone in and don't turn down the radio in the background. There is always a delay, and it's definitely more than a 'micronanosecond'.


    assuming that you can't find a p2p stream with the right language, some DAB radios, and any audio stream source you can find on the net, can be paused to allow the picture to catch up, something I occasionally do.
    We do not know truth,we only know our opinions, and those of others

    Wiziwig Premier League Prediction Game here

  12. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bertcocaine View Post
    you might want to try comparing DAB with FM on a radio station, you'll find DAB has a delay from FM, which itself has a delay from the broadcast, as demonstrated when people phone in and don't turn down the radio in the background. There is always a delay, and it's definitely more than a 'micronanosecond'.


    assuming that you can't find a p2p stream with the right language, some DAB radios, and any audio stream source you can find on the net, can be paused to allow the picture to catch up, something I occasionally do.
    To be honest, I have Dab radio stream over U-stream, (now some lovely posters on here have sorted the ad probs!) <3 And Premier Streams show most Leeds games on streaming. They are within 0.5 secs of being in synch and give me the games in as near to real time as I can get. In fact, I have seen and heard goals with that combination, before people have heard on FM radio, in my live LUFC chatroom.

    I have no wish to pause and catch up - I love what I have. Nothing to do with language - just Premier Stream video and my DAB radio commentary stream are usually in synch with the game I'm watching and listening to from different flash streams,. 0,5 secs behind real time. Can't get any better eh? Loving it!
    Last edited by Twiggster; 21-02-2012 at 00:51.
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,360
    Thanks
    2,664
    Thanked 10,625 Times in 3,339 Posts

    Default

    I find this whole P2P vs FLASH thing as equally as boring as the Xbox vs Playstation fan boy shite, one side goading the other side.

    Both have good & bad points it's that simple, use what you want and enjoy it!

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quixote For This Useful Post:

    actonbhoyrob (23-02-2012), bertcocaine (21-02-2012), tafftog (21-02-2012), tottenham28 (21-02-2012)

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,612
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 3,170 Times in 1,318 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nutjob View Post
    i find this whole p2p vs flash thing as equally as boring as the xbox vs playstation fan boy shite, one side goading the other side.

    Both have good & bad points it's that simple, use what you want and enjoy it!
    this

  16. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    10,019
    Thanks
    5,365
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 4,026 Posts

    Default

    oh come on, you've just dismantled your whole argument - if you are sourcing DAB via a stream, and TV by a stream, then saying they are in sync and it's real-time.. I can have my TV and my radio on in my house and they'll be in sync.

    I'll stop now because FootyLive and nutjob are quite right.
    We do not know truth,we only know our opinions, and those of others

    Wiziwig Premier League Prediction Game here

  17. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nutjob View Post
    I find this whole P2P vs FLASH thing as equally as boring as the Xbox vs Playstation fan boy shite, one side goading the other side.

    Both have good & bad points it's that simple, use what you want and enjoy it!

    Do give me some credit please. I am NOT goading! Just stating FACT from my user experience. DUH!
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

  18. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bertcocaine View Post
    oh come on, you've just dismantled your whole argument - if you are sourcing DAB via a stream, and TV by a stream, then saying they are in sync and it's real-time.. I can have my TV and my radio on in my house and they'll be in sync.

    I'll stop now because FootyLive and nutjob are quite right.
    Sorry? I said they are in synch? They mostly are. I've said I get a nano second of delay - I do. I've said I hear and see things watching/listening to games before tv and FM radio watchers/listeners get them...even with my crap old P.C. I do...
    Believe me or not...It's my experience....I'm happy!
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

  19. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    10,019
    Thanks
    5,365
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 4,026 Posts

    Default

    it's not your experience I'm questioning, it's your reasoning.

    signal => TV => computer => internet => your computer = FASTER than signal => TV? That would violate the laws of physics. You also talked about real-time, but are now stating the BOTH audio AND video are via (separate) streams, but are in sync. You need to review the meaning of the term 'real-time'.
    We do not know truth,we only know our opinions, and those of others

    Wiziwig Premier League Prediction Game here

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to bertcocaine For This Useful Post:

    quixote (21-02-2012)

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,360
    Thanks
    2,664
    Thanked 10,625 Times in 3,339 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggster View Post
    Do give me some credit please. I am NOT goading! Just stating FACT from my user experience. DUH!
    You're not stating any facts, your open post only has Questions. As to answer your question Why do people use P2P ?

    All i will say is Real Madrid vs Barcelona try watching that game on flash, it will take 4 hours to finish with the amount of lag you suffer.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to quixote For This Useful Post:

    bertcocaine (21-02-2012)

  23. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nutjob View Post
    You're not stating any facts, your open post only has Questions. As to answer your question Why do people use P2P ?

    All i will say is Real Madrid vs Barcelona try watching that game on flash, it will take 4 hours to finish with the amount of lag you suffer.
    Nope - have watched all the El Clasico games live on flash streams on here, recently. Never a problem, even with my crap p.c. No lag at all.

    I have way more probs with p2p streams, as my CPU goes into screaming mode on the rare occasions I use a p2p stream and slows my whole p.c. down. Which was the basis for my original post.

    As I've mentioned in this thread, it was NOT my intention to "goad" anyone. Everything I have posted above is absolutely true - based on my experiences, from streams on here.

    I am very grateful to EVERYONE who takes the time to stream games, using whatever format....THANK YOU ALL!
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

  24. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,360
    Thanks
    2,664
    Thanked 10,625 Times in 3,339 Posts

    Default

    Ive finally worked it out


  25. The Following User Says Thank You to quixote For This Useful Post:

    bertcocaine (21-02-2012)

  26. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    10,019
    Thanks
    5,365
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 4,026 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggster View Post
    have watched all the El Clasico games live on flash streams on here, recently. Never a problem, even with my crap p.c. No lag at all.
    I could pick apart the sentence which doesn't really make sense, but I'll stick to referring you to the flash streaming thread, where the issue was raised, and even PremierStreams has commented on the topic in there, look at this post and the ones on the page before. Clearly the streamers don't know what they are talking about? If it is as you say, then I would suggest you are very, very lucky.

    If you're CPU 'goes into screaming mode' when you watch p2p, then you might want to upgrade from your x386.
    We do not know truth,we only know our opinions, and those of others

    Wiziwig Premier League Prediction Game here

  27. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nutjob View Post
    Ive finally worked it out

    I have tried to keep this thread polite as I seem to be being attacked for no reason. However - Fishing? Your breath smells of maggots and your rod is too small (So I've heard?). Silly sod!
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

  28. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks
    2,680
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,245 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bertcocaine View Post
    I could pick apart the sentence which doesn't really make sense, but I'll stick to referring you to the flash streaming thread, where the issue was raised, and even PremierStreams has commented on the topic in there, look at this post and the ones on the page before. Clearly the streamers don't know what they are talking about? If it is as you say, then I would suggest you are very, very lucky.

    If you're CPU 'goes into screaming mode' when you watch p2p, then you might want to upgrade from your x386.
    Testing sites huh? Point made. Gues I'm lucky then...
    I've never made any bones about my shyte p.c, as it is just that. - but Flash streaming works 100% for me (thanks to help from posters on here) - and p2p screws up my CPU. And is seriously time delayed
    We are a long way off the original question now. Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll stick to flash, thanks
    PROUD TO BE DIRTY LEEDS SCUM!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •