Thread: StreamTorrent - is it worth downloading?

Thanks

Default StreamTorrent - is it worth downloading?

hi, just andering, seen ixed reviews on streamtorrent. can anyone tell me what the advantages are and do they get banned? are there many streamers? will f1 be shown there? will football be shown there? also how do i watch using it?

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 16,804 Times in 6,357 Posts

no streamtorrent stream has ever been banned, to my knowledge--this is its main advantage. unlike other p2p streaming platforms, like sopcast & tvants, there is no central "tracking" server, thus no place to go to shutdown the stream. the main downside is that it only streams MMS-protocol streams, so it's windows only. (though it can be made to work on mac & linux, it takes some effort.) and only codecs that are compatible with mms://-protocol streams, so WMV & VC-1 only--no h264 or flash yet. but that's ok because, as long as you have windows and the latest windows media player, you should already have those codecs on your system.

as for what actually gets streamed on ST, i can only speak about the sports i know: ST is the only reliable platform for streaming major league baseball. (all other platforms are banned by MLB within minutes.) it's also used quite extensively for other american sports: NFL, NCAA, etc. don't know how much other streamers use it for motorsports, football (soccer), etc. you'll just have to check the schedules and see what kinds of streams are available.

in the end, i'd say it'd do no harm to install it, just in case you need it for a particular event. it's a very small download (maybe a couple of MBs,) so if you don't end up needing it, it's not like it is taking up a bunch of room on your system. I would definitely recommend taking the time to learn how to use it, and perusing the ST forum here if you run into any issues with it. e.g., It has been known occasionally to not connect to the ST network automatically on first use, but there is a workaround if this happens.

good luck.

PS. another big advantage to ST, from my perspective, is that it is a standalone app, not a web-based platform. that means no invasive ads, no chat, no cookies, or any other extraneous crap--just the sports!
    Last edited by miahjj; 23-02-2012 at 01:56.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miahjj For This Useful Post:

Bulk (23-02-2012), DEAD_MAN_WALKING (23-02-2012), ft420 (27-02-2012), icerefjm1 (23-02-2012), xoot (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 4,161 Posts

yeah it's good, only issue for me is it is hardly ever used for football these days. Great on here for those sports it does cover though, we hear nothing but positive feedback like the above when it's used for these.
    We do not know truth,we only know our opinions, and those of others

Wiziwig Premier League Prediction Game here

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bertcocaine For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (23-02-2012), ft420 (27-02-2012), miahjj (24-02-2012)

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,093 Times in 5,373 Posts

Thumbs up

Its my favorite practicably my adopted baby... but as bert says the football streamers dont seem to use it much...

Its easy enough to do a search in StreamTorrent just goto...

Code:
    File --> Search... Type in a Keyword like Sports
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

algi (23-02-2012), ft420 (27-02-2012), miahjj (24-02-2012), xoot (28-02-2012)

Thanks

DMW, are the streams likely to be 24/7? also do u know if sky sportf1 f1 will be on there?
    1 more thing, where is the download because ur tag thing doesnt work.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,479 Times in 3,897 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    Its my favorite practicably my adopted baby... but as bert says the football streamers dont seem to use it much...

Its easy enough to do a search in StreamTorrent just goto...

Code:
    File --> Search... Type in a Keyword like Sports
    Your favourite baby?!?....mmmmhh...you don't feed it as you were used to...,which both it and me would love!
    FreeIPTVforFreePeople

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to algi For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (23-02-2012), ft420 (27-02-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderlandfan6 View Post
    DMW, are the streams likely to be 24/7? also do u know if sky sportf1 f1 will be on there?
    Try my sig again it was because multiupload has been taken down.

Its very rare your going to find 24/7 streeams, its just guys like you and me who are streaming from there homes.

@algi it gets harder and harder mate to find the streams it needs...

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

thanks m8

how do u know if anythings on? i searched sports like in the example but nothing came up. is this because theres nothing on or because im doing something wrong?

Thanks

thanks m8

how do u know if anythings on? i searched sports like in the example but nothing came up. is this because theres nothing on or because im doing something wrong?
    Are you seeing a red X in your system tray....?

If so here is a fix - http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/6850...94#post1437994

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    Are you seeing a red X in your system tray....?

If so here is a fix - http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/6850...94#post1437994
    no...says perfect, just when i searched sports it didnt come up but its back now, cheers

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunderlandfan6 For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (23-02-2012), icerefjm1 (23-02-2012)

Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about finding 24/7 channels to watch sports that are in demand. Given the UK now has this issue with F1, I'd hope there will be a few streams about for the various stages of an F1 weekend, and we'll be hosting threads for each weekend and links will be there, although we won't know until the time what platforms they'll be on. I know a couple of flash streamers are already talking about streaming that channel, but those won't be 24/7 as I've no doubt they'll get banned and there isn't a streamer alive that doesn't sleep at some point.

But fear not, there are at least several moderators who will be wanting those streams, and we'll be adding them here and making sure you know where to find them.

Personally i'm hoping for some HQ sopcast, since you don't tend to find 1000+ Kbps streams in ST.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bertcocaine For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (24-02-2012), Sunderlandfan6 (24-02-2012), xoot (28-02-2012)

Thanks

how do you search something because when i search a game no results come up. also is the espn stream live as it always seems to be the same

Thanks

not sure, but DMW will answer soon I expect.

regarding F1, it's only a part time channel from what I've heard, so no chance of 24/7 coverage on that one anyway.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bertcocaine For This Useful Post:

Sunderlandfan6 (25-02-2012)

Thanks

ok thanks

Thanks

When F1 starts look here for all live stream listings - http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.ph...ne=motorsports

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

miahjj (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,383 Times in 16,090 Posts

There is a ST channel... BB4U ST 300k** (unmonitored) streaming the MLB Network that is nearly 24/7 offseason and always 24/7 during the season...
    I know it's not F1, but it is a channel that can be used to test the program.

If you ain't a Gator, you must be.............. Gator Bait !!
    Big CHEERS To All Streamers! Geaux Saints!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ft420 For This Useful Post:

All Blacks (02-03-2012), DEAD_MAN_WALKING (27-02-2012), miahjj (08-03-2012)

Thanks

do you know how to search for a specific game e.g. sporting vs city, i cant seem to find specific games

Thanks

StreamTorrent is great, one of the best apps for streaming, no doubt. Of course it can be improved but as it is for now it works great. To be honest it's the most reliable app for streaming, and you can be sure that you won't get interrupted by lag or disconnects.