Thread: sopcast 3.5.0 Released!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,236 Posts

Default sopcast 3.5.0 Released!

there is a new releaste, havent test, but i think, works fine as before - not much changes ...

SopCast 3.5.0
    Improved the data transfer performance.
    Fixed a bug that channel will not start automatically if auto login enabled.

Download SopCast.zip from: http://download.easetuner.com/download/SopCast.zip (deactivate ask.toolbar )
    Last edited by beduine62; 02-03-2012 at 15:46.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to beduine62 For This Useful Post:

Admin (02-03-2012), alv1172 (02-03-2012), blinertv (02-03-2012), cyberdimitri (07-10-2012), damiaan1 (02-03-2012), DEAD_MAN_WALKING (03-03-2012), drumbo1 (05-03-2012), jamjars (20-08-2012), Jonelless (02-03-2012), muckman1 (29-03-2012), onesoccertv (03-03-2012), Redbullsnation (04-03-2012), Rokec (02-03-2012), SHARE2 (02-03-2012), TheHurtLocker873 (02-03-2012), tottenham28 (07-03-2012), xoot (02-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,073 Times in 9,706 Posts

Thanks we've tested it and seems to work fine, but still getting a bug as it doesn't auto login and Sopcast only works with a user + pass.

Updated also on http://www.wiziwig.tv/softwareitem.p...&part=software

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (03-03-2012), kournikova (03-03-2012), tottenham28 (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,236 Posts

works with anonymus too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beduine62 For This Useful Post:

Admin (05-03-2012)

Thanks

SopCast still crashes when trying to connect to any channel. Seems like I have to revert back to 3.4.0 again, because it is the last version that doesn't crash.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hendrik32 For This Useful Post:

Admin (05-03-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hendrik32 View Post
    SopCast still crashes when trying to connect to any channel. Seems like I have to revert back to 3.4.0 again, because it is the last version that doesn't crash.
    Got it fixed by allowing both "SopCast.exe" and "sopocx.ocx" in Comodo Internet Security's Firewall and Defense+ and also excluding both files for "Buffer overflow protection".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hendrik32 For This Useful Post:

Admin (07-03-2012)

Thanks

Got it fixed by allowing both "SopCast.exe" and "sopocx.ocx" in Comodo Internet Security's Firewall and Defense+ and also excluding both files for "Buffer overflow protection".
    What if I'm still having the same issue but don't use Comodo Internet Security? Notably I had CIS a while back but removed it completely from my W7 system. Allowing Sopcast in the Firewall setting is not an option for me as I don't use the program at all anymore.

Would you recommend downloading some of the older versions of Sopcast?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beduine62 View Post
    works with anonymus too

Thanks

Has anyone noticed how some channels work fine but if you try to double the screen size or go full screen, the screen goes black but audio is still playing?

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 5,373 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COOL_DADDY_COOL View Post
    Has anyone noticed how some channels work fine but if you try to double the screen size or go full screen, the screen goes black but audio is still playing?
    Found that to be normal some times mate, just got to wait a few secs till it realizes what happened.
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

COOL_DADDY_COOL (28-03-2012)

Thanks

Thanks DMW. I will try to be patient and see if it finally wakes up or not. Probably doesn't help if I have PDF file open at the same time.

Thanks

Default Sopcast 3.5.0 crashes

Sopcast crashes as soon as it has finished buffering any channel. I have allowed both SopCast.exe and sopocx.ocx in Comodo. Could you explain how I can exclude these fukes for "Buffer overflow protection", as I can't find this option?

Thanks!

Thanks

Default Multiple displays problem

Hi, I have a strange new malfunction which I determined is related to vers. 3.5: I have my system operating on multiple display modus, with PC on 1 and TV on 2. With all Sopcast versions before, I was able to put the programme on whichever display I wanted and then make it fullscreen via doubleclick on this very display. Now, it seems this choice is gone and fullscreen ALWAYS opens on primary display, whereever you put programme window first and click it from. Anyone experience that as well? It's quite a pain in the ass for me, cause my construction here doesn't allow my to put the TV on primary display and it also ruins the possibility to have 2 instances of sopcast running, if you can't choose the display yourself (without the usage of external players that is, of course). I don't want to downgrade as well, since apart from that, 3.5 is running much better for me than versions before. Thx for you help and advises!

Thanks

Hm, no answers, really? Nobody experience that problem? Or was my discription not understandable ...? Please don't leave me hanging, I usually can solve all my PC-problems with the help of you guys!!!

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 5,373 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lostmartinez View Post
    Hm, no answers, really? Nobody experience that problem? Or was my discription not understandable ...? Please don't leave me hanging, I usually can solve all my PC-problems with the help of you guys!!!
    Its possibly a bug mate...? only option you have is downgrade to a version that worked for you.

Looking at the update history of sopcast this should not be a issue...?

Let the SopCast team know of this bug...

Bug report: support.sopcast@gmail.com
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

lostmartinez (25-04-2012)

Thanks

Thanks man, but well, yeah, as I said, 3.5 runs very fine for me apart from that, all older versions didn't do that good, so I don't really want to downgrade. Didn't find any clue in the update history either. May this really be the first propper bug I ever found in my life?? I will surely report it now, kinda proud ... thxlost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostmartinez View Post
    Hi, I have a strange new malfunction which I determined is related to vers. 3.5: I have my system operating on multiple display modus, with PC on 1 and TV on 2. With all Sopcast versions before, I was able to put the programme on whichever display I wanted and then make it fullscreen via doubleclick on this very display. Now, it seems this choice is gone and fullscreen ALWAYS opens on primary display, whereever you put programme window first and click it from. Anyone experience that as well? It's quite a pain in the ass for me, cause my construction here doesn't allow my to put the TV on primary display and it also ruins the possibility to have 2 instances of sopcast running, if you can't choose the display yourself (without the usage of external players that is, of course). I don't want to downgrade as well, since apart from that, 3.5 is running much better for me than versions before. Thx for you help and advises!
    I'm experiencing the same issue with version 3.5, I can only get full screen mode to appear on my Primary display regardless of where the Sopcast window is. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks

Talking Solution/Workaround

Quote Originally Posted by Archy2097 View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue with version 3.5, I can only get full screen mode to appear on my Primary display regardless of where the Sopcast window is. Did you ever find a solution?
    I've found a solution. You need VLC Media Player to do this. Just go to "Option" -> "General" -> check "Use my own media player" -> browse to the installation folder of "VideoLan"/VLC Media Player.

Now click Apply and then open the channel and click on the left button with the two windows. Now VLC should open and you can see the channel. Now move VLC Media Player to the correct monitor/screen and double click on it.

Now you have the fullscreen on the correct monitor!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,322 Times in 1,724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham28 View Post
    The weird thing is, after installing I tried four different channels several times without joy. Then I tried again and they all came on one after the other, can only be down to the installation of the latest soppy, surely?
    Maybe a dll had crashed and got fixed with the reinstall...