Discovered this thread during some google searching. Credit to everyone that helped make this addon possible.
I dont use xbmc but seeing that i now and then watch some live internet sport streams on my pc using rtmpdump and vlc, i decided to make some app for my own use that will do the decoding of Supersport's live channels into vlc player.
I'm not a programmer but have some knowledge of the BASIC language and some batch file knowledge. Using that and some python tutorials i found on the net, i compiled some of the python code into a exe which is used by a frontend GUI i made in a macro automation program called Winautomation. The executable produced by winautomation requires .NET framework 2 or higher
Decided to upload it and post it here for those of you that might find it useful.
Requirements (not included in my download package):
1. .NET framework 2 or higher.
2. VLC media player. Some versions of vlc has problems streaming from stdin (which is the method my program use in conjunction with rtmpdump). If vlc shows no video 10 seconds after starting a channel, download the latest nightly builld (http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/
1. Install lastest nightly build of vlc player.
2. Extract rar and launch sslsd.exe. It will produce a dialog box with a list of currently available streams (if any available)
3. Enter the streamid of your choice shown in the menu dialog
4. Enter path to vlc.exe (just click ok if you have installed vlc in its default location)
5. Stream should launch in vlc player in a few seconds!