Thread: Need help with sopcast

Thanks

Default Need help with sopcast

Hi. I have had sopcast for years, And it has always worked fine until yesterday.
    Now every time I try to play a channel the program crashes and it says Sopcast main application has stopped working. After looking at other posts in forums, I have uninstalled and reinstallled the program a few times, tried downloading older versions of the program. I have checked the program is allowed in my firewall. I have updated my antivirus, my web browser, Vlc. And its still not working, Can anybody point me in the right direction, its driving me up the wall!

Thanks

Danny

Thanks
    Thanked 22,118 Times in 9,731 Posts

Hm difficult, it looks like you've done almost everything then to get it working

You also tried installing the newest 3.5.0 version?

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 5,373 Posts

whoops didn't see this...

For now mate so you can still watch sopcast streams download SopCast SopFilter 3.0.3 it lets you still view sop streams in WMP without the sopcast client...

More information: SopFilter Manual
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

Yeah I have 3.5.0 Installed. Random thing is, After all the messing about, I just tried it now after leaving it a few hours and it worked, god knows what's going on with it. Anyway's If I have any more problems Ill try out the Sop filter, thanks for that mate.

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 5,373 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dannyhughes000 View Post
    Yeah I have 3.5.0 Installed. Random thing is, After all the messing about, I just tried it now after leaving it a few hours and it worked, god knows what's going on with it. Anyway's If I have any more problems Ill try out the Sop filter, thanks for that mate.
    The point i was getting at is if SopFilter didnt work either then it would have been a WMP problem.

In that case if it is run WMP Utility v 1.0
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.