Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Manchester City vs Manchester United [Premier League]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 Times in 3,118 Posts

Well done City
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici".

Most football teams are temperamental. That's 90% temper and 10% mental.

Thanks

The thing that will alarm all United fans is the fact that City won 1-0 and United had no shots on target. We all know City can play attacking football and score goals (a la Old Trafford and 6-1), but to play as professionally as they did yesterday was a sign of real progress. There will always be people who say City have bought this title. To a degree, they have - just like every team that's won a title in my lifetime. But, it's not enough to just buy a load of players (although having the money to spend on Dzeko - who is, believe me, a superb player that Mancini has utilised poorly - and not have to use him is riches indeed and it means a manager can piss about in the market without much fear if he gets it wrong). A team still has to be built and that performance yesterday was a team performance.

That's what will concern United supporters. Because that City team look capable of getting 6 points from the remaining games and winning the title. More than that, they will only get better. United, on the other hand, are not the rebuilt team Fergie claimed they are. Not even close. Rooney has been United's best player for the last couple of seasons. Last night, as of a lot of games recently, he looked jaded and not his usual competitive self. I wonder whether he's tired of playing for United and needs a new challenge and I wonder whether he is thinking the same thing?

Credit to United for having the points total they have and credit to them for winning the title last year because they have been playing above themselves for a while now. 70yo Fergie is faced with having to rebuild United in the face of neighbours that are not just noisey, but fast becoming superior with unlimited funds to spend.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cleanprophet For This Useful Post:

Wavy Crockett (01-05-2012)