Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liverpool v Fulham [Premier League]

Thanks
    Thanked 6,762 Times in 4,042 Posts

Almost 2-0, Frei, low drive from outside the area, but off the near post.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,204 Posts

very nice to see sterling get a run out

Thanks

Only like 45 mins to late for sterling...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scouseman View Post
    we are already in the Europa League having won the carling cup mate. We will play in the qualifying rounds
    Thatīs why they are not motivated.

Thanks

hashtag shootmenow. Well done Fulham very much deserved win. They should of scored more they had two great chances. Our best players were Doni and Carroll. I know that the cup final is next and the team will be different but I have no confidence going into to the game. Chelsea will win on this showing. Thanks yesman for the stream and the banter lads. We will need devine help to get anything on Saturday. We will get destroyed by the blues I fear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scouseman For This Useful Post:

Admin (02-05-2012)

Thanks

Wouldnt write off Lpool for the cup final - they play better when it really matters.
    EVERTON FC - THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE (AGAIN)

Thanks

very nice to see sterling get a run out
    Shame he's not starting games and a shame he's not had more of a run out recently. He was only on for 15mins and got very little of the ball, but showed he has more quality than pretty much all of his team mates. Why he didn't start? I don't know. Nonsense management.

Overall, very solid display from Fulham. They worked hard and got plenty of men behind the ball. Liverpool were never going to find it easy with no real quality players in the team. Shelvey and Carroll are decent players, but they need to have better players around them. Maxi, Kuyt, Downing and Spearing just don't have any real creative quality. Carroll worked hard. He was also guilty of wasting possession at times. In general, just a performance from Liverpool that lacked any quality.

As I say, just a shame that Sterling doesn't get a chance to play in a better Liverpool team with the likes of Gerrard and Suarez instead of having to work with the likes of Enrique, Maxi and Spearing.

I have to add also, Kelly certainly didn't play himself into the squad for the FA Cup. Really disappointed with him today. Again, he worked hard. But he had no quality about his play at all. Got forward a lot and tried to put some crosses in. Just didn't produce anything of quality.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cleanprophet For This Useful Post:

scouseman (01-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie_EFC View Post
    Wouldnt write off Lpool for the cup final - they play better when it really matters.
    I would trade two cups (that is if we win two) just to be in the CL again. Just to challange in the PL again. Everyone is overtaking us and I worry it will take years to get back there again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,468 Posts

Thx YES man and others

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunkertor For This Useful Post:

Admin (02-05-2012)

Thanks

I know that the cup final is next and the team will be different but I have no confidence going into to the game.
    I'm not worried about the final at all. It will be a very close and tight final with one goal in it and for me that game is 50-50.

I said this for the Carling Cup and it definitely won't happen, but I'd have Sterling on the bench for the final as a genuine attacking option. Of late, Dalglish has been going into games with 3 defenders on the bench and no quality attacking options on the bench. I don't know why I'm saying this because the kit man has more chance of a place on the bench than Sterling, but I'd have him on there just for that ability to run at defenders, win free-kicks and deliver crosses. More than anything, a player like him only plays better with the likes of Gerrard and Suarez.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cleanprophet For This Useful Post:

scouseman (01-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cleanprophet View Post
    I'm not worried about the final at all. It will be a very close and tight final with one goal in it and for me that game is 50-50.

I said this for the Carling Cup and it definitely won't happen, but I'd have Sterling on the bench for the final as a genuine attacking option. Of late, Dalglish has been going into games with 3 defenders on the bench and no quality attacking options on the bench. I don't know why I'm saying this because the kit man has more chance of a place on the bench than Sterling, but I'd have him on there just for that ability to run at defenders, win free-kicks and deliver crosses. More than anything, a player like him only plays better with the likes of Gerrard and Suarez.
    sterling sure has a mean cross on him. Really like the kid and I hope we see more of him. As you say would be nice to have him on the bench as a surprise package and see what happens. Can only do the boy good in his development

Thanks

I would trade two cups (that is if we win two) just to be in the CL again. Just to challange in the PL again. Everyone is overtaking us and I worry it will take years to get back there again.
    Again, I'm not worried about Liverpool next season. I'm worried about the players we bring in. Dalglish has been looking at some Swedish central-midfielder and yes we could do with more creative play in the middle of the pitch, but we need wide players more than anything. It's beyond critical and the first signing should be a winger.

Liverpool are very, very close to being 15 points better this season alone. The away form is impressive and top 3 form (only the top 3 can match or better it). The problem is not picking up points at home. More pertinently, not tacking chances and scoring goals at home. I stand by what I've said for some time now, and I expect Carroll to come good next season and I expect Suarez to get 20+ Prem goals next season - regardless of new signings.

Sometimes it's hard to see how close Liverpool are when you see performances like this one and many others at Anfield this season.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cleanprophet For This Useful Post:

scouseman (01-05-2012)

Thanks

sterling sure has a mean cross on him. Really like the kid and I hope we see more of him. As you say would be nice to have him on the bench as a surprise package and see what happens. Can only do the boy good in his development
    The key thing for him is to keep it simple when he does get time on the pitch. It's important he doesn't get carried away and try do too much by trying Roy of the Rovers type stuff. Keep it simple and play to your strengths. And I'll say it again, he will enjoy linking up with someone like Suarez.