Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea [FA Cup Final]

Thanks
    Thanked 22,201 Times in 9,785 Posts

Congrats Chelsea!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

riise94 (06-05-2012)

Thanks

A team in Blue was always gonna win the FACup, should've been us ...

But cant take it away from Chelsea, their money buys another Cup.

LFC also spent loads and are even below Everton in the league !

EVERTON FC - THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE (AGAIN)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie_EFC View Post
    LFC also spent loads and are even below Everton in the league !
    Finishing above a team who've had their worst league campaign for about 60 years is no thing to celebrate. It's a bit like celebrating beating a one-legged man in a race.

As for the final, hat's off to Chelsea. They put in a stella defensive display. I thought Liverpool should have gone in with the XI that played against Everton because I think Carroll should be playing every game now. But, I can see why Dalglish went with the XI that played against Norwich last week and I expected it. It took Carroll's introduction to show that it was the wrong decision to leave him on the bench.

Overall, Liverpool played well and probably dominated most of the game. But, it was like a Chelsea display of the Mourinho days. They made very few mistakes and were clinical with the chances they got.

If Chelsea play like that against Bayern Munich, they could add another trophy to their season. Although, Bayern are a better team than Liverpool and, more importantly, can counter attack (which Liverpool can't do very well at all). Plus, it is in Bayern's stadium.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cleanprophet For This Useful Post:

scouseman (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,419 Times in 4,377 Posts

I saw a quote on the BBC website ticker yesterday, "Liverpool spend 120million to beat Cardiff"! bit harsh but I can see where he was coming from.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

riise94 (06-05-2012), scouseman (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,244 Times in 828 Posts

ITV showed this immediately after the game

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/liverpo...ore=1336258027

The Tv cameras were not directly in line, which is why it look at 1st hand that Cech had just managed to keep it out. The technology would seem to prove otherwise.

Time to sort out this nonsense and get the goal line technology in place.

Shame we only turned up for 30 mins

You'll Never Walk Alone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NJKris For This Useful Post:

scouseman (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,088 Times in 2,538 Posts

What upsets me most is not the losing as such as that is football but that we just played most of the game with the handbrake on. We were so slow and lost. When we went 2-0 down and Carroll came on we went at Chelsea and they could not handle it. Just wish we had shown that from the start. Come all the way to the final and play so poorly. That is what gets me most. Carroll should of played from the start Luis looked very isolated and we do not get many players in the box when we attack. Fair play to Chelsea they looked very compact and very well drilled defensively and they were clinical front of goal. You just knew Drogba would score

NJKris mate its the first time I have seen that shot of the goal that never was. So hard to give it though. What is needed badly is goal line technology. You cannot use that as a excuse we were poor until the last 30mins and sadly Kenny got his tactics wrong when we went at them we were a different team.

If I put my Chelsea hat on and look objectively at the game they would say it is karma for Luis Garcia and that CL goal in 2005. So now we are even.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scouseman For This Useful Post:

NJKris (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,086 Times in 2,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scouseman View Post
    Well done Chelsea. Well done Riise mate congratulations on your victory today. For about 60 mins Chelsea were the best side and deserved the win. Carroll since coming on we were the better team. The talk will be on was it or was it not a goal from the Carroll header but I do not think you can give that as a goal did not look completely over the line. What is in urgent need is goal line technology. If only Carroll had played from the start what might have been, But take nothing away bar the last 30mins Chelsea were the better team and deserved their win. Thanks for the banter and stream Bloodzeed.

Hope you had a nice day today Riise have a beer on me mate your boys did you proud. All the best in Germany as well. Take care everyone thanks to the admin and streamers who make it all possible

There should be a new Wiziwig award named in your honour scouseman. You are top class as ever (unlike most of the Liverpool fans I encountered yesterday,I have to say!) They may sound the same but the difference in Everton fans compared to Liverpools's is amazing. You really wouldn't think they came from the same city. To say there is a bit of bad blood between our fans these days is a bit of an understatement as the handful of reds who were sat in our block found out when they dared to celebrate Carroll's goal. Serves them right for being there though. If you somehow make it into the opposition end,its common sense to keep your head down especially if you score!

The game,well I thought we done well in the first 25 minutes or so and looked comfortable at 2 0. After you scored though,you battered us and Andy Carroll really made the difference. He hung on for dear life and that last 20 mins felt like an hour for a Chelsea fan in the ground. On the balance of play you deserved ET at least but I'm glad it didn't come to that as we were dead at the end and if you had equalised,you would of gone on to win. I haven't watched a replay of the game yet so I don't know about the ghost goal. At the time,I thought it was in I must admit although it seems it wasn't from what others have said. If it did cross the line,well you owe one of those from 2005!

I'm absolutely delighted we won despite an unconvincing display. 4 FA Cups in six seasons and 7 in total. That's the same as the team who's fans claim we have no history!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to riise94 For This Useful Post:

scouseman (06-05-2012)

Thanks

Thank you so much for your kind words in regards myself riise94 mate. As a respected member of this great site in means a great deal that I have your respect. Hope you enjoyed your victory and the celebrations afterwards. How did Liverpool fans get in the Chelsea end?? Must be from back market tickets outside the ground or something. I hope it did not spoil it for you too much. Once again congratulations and all the best for Germany. What is important is not the game in Germany but if you will get a beer in Munich. I somehow have my reservations.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to scouseman For This Useful Post:

riise94 (08-05-2012)

Thanks

Finishing above LFC wont be a great achievement by us, but it would be a laugh

And it will be a damning indictment of how far they have fallen especially given their history and the money they've spent.

We should still be disappointed not to have finished above the likes of Newcastle...
    EVERTON FC - THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE (AGAIN)

Thanks

If I put my Chelsea hat on and look objectively at the game they would say it is karma for Luis Garcia and that CL goal in 2005. So now we are even.
    The thing that makes me laugh about that Luis Garcia goal is the complete lack of acceptance that it should have been a penalty and a sending off for Cech. The ref took the easy option and awarded a goal when the ball hadn't crossed the line. He should have had more courage and awarded the penalty and sent Cech off. We wouldn't have been hanging on for dear life at the end because the game would have been well and truly wrapped up at that point. The failure of the ref allows people, who don't know better and/or should know better, to talk about Chelsea being harshly dealt with in that situation. They were not. They got the benefit of the doubt but were not good enough to utilise that benefit and score in 97mins of football at Anfield. Simple as that.

In the game yesterday, Chelsea looked exhausted in those last 10mins or so. That doesn't bode well for Munich because Bayern have more pace and movement than Liverpool and a striker who is scoring goals.

The tactic of playing Suarez up front on his own is not one that should ever be repeated. Suarez has no pace at all. He's quite slow for a striker. He needs to be on the ball around the penalty area, not the halfway line. Carroll is actually quicker and stronger. A much better option for a 4-5-1 formation. It's one thing to play Suarez up front on his own against a Norwich team who can't defend very well. Quite another against a Chelsea team who have reverted back to their old style of defend, defend, defend (not a criticism of Chelsea because if I were their manager, that's how I would have them play too - rather than the shoddy type of defending we saw under AVB). scouseman is spot on. Suarez was isolated. I was screming for Spearing or Henderson to be dragged off at half time and Carroll introduced. I said to my mate that Dalglish is a reactive manager and there's no way he would bring Carroll on half time. I was not wrong. It took going down 2-0 for Dalglish to react and introduce Carroll. That, I'm afraid, is management that is just not good enough.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cleanprophet For This Useful Post:

scouseman (06-05-2012)

Thanks

Finishing above LFC wont be a great achievement by us, but it would be a laugh
    I'll always remember Moyes in May 2005, sat in his conservatory with glass of champers in hand, proclaiming how Everton were "the best team on Merseyside". Within weeks, Liverpool were Champions of Europe and champers was very flat.

The reality is, I don't care if Everton finish above us or not. Frankly, Liverpool fans and Everton fans fighting over the right to finish higher than each other in the league is like two bald men fighting over a comb. So Everton can have their comb and see if they can find some use for it.

And it will be a damning indictment of how far they have fallen especially given their history and the money they've spent
    Unfortunately for you, your memory is short. Mine is not. It was only 18 months ago LFC was being savaged by Hicks and Gillett, in debt of nearly 300m and losing 50m a year in interest payments alone. The future for the club was dire. Being able to get rid of Hicks and Gillett, clear the debts and rebuild was Liverpool's biggest success in recent times. The rebuilding process was always going to take a while. The new signings (Downing, Henderson, Adam, Enrique, Carroll and Suarez) have only been at the club for short while, less than a season for most of them. I expected more from them and I'm not convinced by some of them, but I always allow more than a season before I judge a signing.

Liverpool have failed to score goals at Anfield. Just 10 more goals would probably be worth 15 points at Anfield alone. Having watched every performance at Anfield this season, I am happy in my belief that Liverpool are only a small way off being a lot, lot better in the league. We haven't fallen a long way at all and time will back me on that one.

The history and the money we've spent are neither here or there. You would love our history and you would love to have the money we've spent. Jealousy is never a good foundation for opinion

Thanks

as much as I'm happy we won, I feel even more relieved we didn't lose. don't want to imagine the horrors of that scenario and then going to Anfield come tuesday.

first half all good, we got our goal and things looked comfortable. I feared however that we would become complacent and not really going for that 2nd goal in the first half would come at a price, Liverpool could only get better in the second half. Fortunately for us too much didn't change and instead we managed to go 2-0 up.

Caroll came on, we somewhat gifted them a goal (can't blame Bosingwa too much). I was very disappointed with our unability to deal with Liverpool's pressure in the last 30 minutes and I cannot for the life of me understand why di Matteo didn't make any more subs besides one that didn't change things at all really.

as for us "buying another cup" we had two recent big money signings playing yesterday, Ramires (2010, ~18M) and Mata (2011, ~23M). Lot of money yes but hardly eyebrow raising in this day and age. I'm very much appreciative of how far Abramovich has got us but money alone does not buy success, there have been several examples in football over the last years.

I guess some people always feel the need to discredit us to make themselves feel better about their own clubs.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,732 Times in 2,781 Posts

As much as i hate Carroll i thought he played really well coming on, was hoping for extra time tbh.

Well done Chelsea anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,244 Times in 828 Posts

sadly Kenny got his tactics wrong when we went at them we were a different team.
    Again.........................

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NJKris For This Useful Post:

scouseman (06-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
    Again.........................
    That's the biggest criticism I have of Dalglish - the repeated mistakes. I wonder what Kevin Keen and Steve Clark are doing in their coaching capacities? Surely they can see that Johnson and Enrique are not playing well? Surely they can all see that Suarez is a second striker who needs to play off a lead-the-line striker against teams that can defend? Surely they can see that Downing is unwilling to take a full-back on? Surely they can see that you can't play both Henderson and Spearing in the same team?

One thing is for sure, I'll be glad to see Lucas back in the team. He's a player who got so much stick from Liverpool fans. I remember sticking up for him many times when talking to my mates and other Liverpool fans. Now they all say they can't wait to get him back in the team. He really has been a big loss. That said, Meireles has been a big loss too. I'll say it again, how can he be surplus to requirements to a team with only one genuine attacking central-midfield threat (Gerrard) but good enough to get Chelsea to a Champions League final and win an FA Cup medal, I'll never know? The answer is, he wasn't surplus to requirements. He was told he would be given a contract that is in line with the higher earners at the club if he made himself a 1st team regular at Liverpool. He did that, but the improved contract was not forthcoming. When the offer from Chelsea came in, Liverpool saw a chance to get their money back on a player who, at 29yo, was only going to lose value over the next couple of seasons. It was an out-and-out financial decision and an awful footballing one that has probably cost Liverpool more than 12m they received for him.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cleanprophet For This Useful Post:

NJKris (06-05-2012), scouseman (06-05-2012)

Thanks

I am not questioning the greatness of Kenny as a player or for what he has done for Liverpool FC. The man will always be a legend at LFC, however I am thinking that the only reason he is still manager is that he is living off past glories. Only because of who he is that he has this time to remain and the fans and owners have been supportive of him till now. He has been very tactically out of touch with the game that I doubt that if it was any other manager he would of been given his P45 and told to get on his bike. Just my view.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scouseman For This Useful Post:

cleanprophet (06-05-2012), NJKris (06-05-2012)

Thanks

I am not questioning the greatness of Kenny as a player or for what he has done for Liverpool FC. The man will always be a legend at LFC, however I am thinking that the only reason he is still manager is that he is living off past glories. Only because of who he is that he has this time to remain and the fans and owners have been supportive of him till now. He has been very tactically out of touch with the game that I doubt that if it was any other manager he would of been given his P45 and told to get on his bike. Just my view.
    For sure that is what is happening and it's understandable. Dalglish was at the club many years ago and worked with the likes of Paisley and Fagan (the old boot room connection is there). A club like Liverpool needs a manager with charisma. It's possibly more important than tactical ability. Look at Fergie for example. Tactically, he's not a good manager at all. Fergie doesn't do tactics very often. When he does, he comes unstuck. He has an idea of how he wants his team to play and it's old fashioned style of using the wings and working hard. His skill is in finding the right players and getting the best out of them. There's no reason why someone like Dalglish cannot have a similar approach (an approach he will have grown with as a player and manager in the 80's and 90's at Liverpool) and no reason why he can't spot the right type of players and get the best out of his players.

The worrying thing is, he is not getting the best out of his players and is selecting players who are not delivering on a regular basis. You have to admire his loyalty to his players, but that loyalty is something he cannot afford. Fergie has loyalty to players, but only a limited loyalty. When it comes to it, he can be ruthless in doing what is best for the team and club. Dalglish needs to be more ruthless in how he selects players. If you play well, you keep the shirt for the next game. If you don't, you're out.

The reality is, there are no other strong candidates out there to take over if Dalglish moves on from the Liverpool job. The fact that Liverpool are not in he Champions League doesn't help on that score either. So, despite my concerns and complaints about Dalglish, I think he probably has to have another season to try and right some of the wrongs we have seen this season. As I've said a few times now, I don't think Liverpool are far off being a top 4 team. A little more clinical at Anfield and we would have 30 goals there rather than 20 and that would translate into something not far off an additional 15 points.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cleanprophet For This Useful Post:

scouseman (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,086 Times in 2,576 Posts

Thank you so much for your kind words in regards myself riise94 mate. As a respected member of this great site in means a great deal that I have your respect. Hope you enjoyed your victory and the celebrations afterwards. How did Liverpool fans get in the Chelsea end?? Must be from back market tickets outside the ground or something. I hope it did not spoil it for you too much. Once again congratulations and all the best for Germany. What is important is not the game in Germany but if you will get a beer in Munich. I somehow have my reservations.
    I don't know how they got there mate but probably via some of (our) many ticket touts. Na it didn't spoil it at all - it was pretty funny really and it's something I've done myself. You have to weigh up situations like that when you are in them and it's advisable to keep your head especially when you score. I did the same at Old Trafford (alone I may add) and couldn't control myself either when Gudjohnson scored for us but there was only one of me and Man U fans around me let me live. If it had been at Anfield they wouldn't of.

I can't wait for Germany mate. I'm only going on a daytrip at club prices (649.34p all in) but I'm lucky to be going at all so there's no way I won't enjoy it. Win or lose,its going to be ****ing great.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riise94 For This Useful Post:

scouseman (09-05-2012), Wavy Crockett (08-05-2012)