View Poll Results: Who will win the Champions League Final?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • FC Bayern München

12 57.14%
  • FC Chelsea

9 42.86%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayern Munich vs Chelsea [Champions League Final]

Thanks
    Thanked 4,070 Times in 2,572 Posts

Default Bayern Munich vs Chelsea [Champions League Final]

Date: Saturday 19th May 2012
    Time: 18:45GMT / 19.45BST / 20:45CET
    Venue: Allianz Arena, Müchen/Munich
    Referee: Pedro Proença (Portugal)

Wiziwig.tv | The UEFA Champions League - Final | Watch live and free: Bayern Munchen vs Chelsea

I'm not going tthis isn't my favourite competition in the world and I didn't even bother going to any of the group games this season due my beloved club hiking up the prices again. I wasn't alone and funny enough,they have knocked a £5 off for next seasons group games. W*nkers!

Anyway,again I'm not going to lie,I cannot wait to get over to Germany. I am one lucky sod as both clubs only have 17,500 tickets. I'm not too lucky in the pocket mind you as this cost me a fortunes (£649.34p to be exact!) And I have to renew my season ticket (£750) before June 1st.

Chelsea are taking an estimated 40,000 over there and a cool 2.2 million Bayern fans applied for their tickets. The city is going to be full and I would not be surprised if there was some trouble. I hope not!

This is simply a massive game with so much riding on it. Chelsea need to win to get into the Champions League next season and of course Tottenham need Bayern to win to stay in the 4th spot. If Chelsea fail to win then Robbie Di Matteo can kiss goodbye to his chances of the Chelsea job and we could end up with Capello or even worse Benitez. There is of course the chance for Chelsea to become the first London club to ever win the European Cup. No doubt,fans of other London clubs will want Bayern to win but that is totally understandable.

As for Bayern,well they are at home so the pressure on them to win is huge. Munich expects and I hope of course they cave in to the weigh of this pressure. On paper they have a better side than Chelsea and the bookies make them firm favourites. With home support,it would be daft to back against them when you look at it logically. However,Chelsea have defied logic in this competition this season so don't write us off. If the game goes to penalties,well yea...write us off!

Team news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/champions-league

My honest opinion is we will miss our suspended players more than Bayern particulary Ramires and of course JT but I'm hoping we can do it. For some reason I think Salamon Kalou will score so I've backed him at 9/2 to score at any time during the match (Am I mad? Yes I am barking I know) If he doesn't then hopefully someone else from the Ivory Coast might chip in with the odd goal or two (rather than getting himself sent off like he did in the last CL final)

Good luck Chelsea. Cya over there! Enjoy the game chaps and if we lose,don't take the piss out of me too much please

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to riise94 For This Useful Post:

actonbhoyrob (20-05-2012), Admin (18-05-2012), Bunkertor (18-05-2012), DEAD_MAN_WALKING (19-05-2012), earthworm (19-05-2012), Jonelless (18-05-2012), marknow (19-05-2012), Sanjuspeaks (18-05-2012), scouseman (18-05-2012), that_magic_1 (18-05-2012), Tony07 (18-05-2012), tottenham28 (18-05-2012), uggla (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,055 Times in 9,694 Posts

Enjoy the match and the trip, looks like it will be a loooong day for you according to the Itinerary

Will add a poll to the first post and add some additional info later on. If anyone has a nice preview or logo please post it, so we can add. thanks!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

actonbhoyrob (20-05-2012), riise94 (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,271 Times in 4,289 Posts

Firstly, have a great time and experience fella! I'm sure every fan of football on here and worldwide would love to be in your position. Secondly, bloody lose will you!!!!!!!!
    I'm obviously with the ones who want your side suffer but win or lose, I'll still be 'your old mate'

On to the game:

Like riise says, on paper Bayern should have too much for Chelsea but when has a game ever been played on paper?
    I think they will have too much for Chelsea though, the front four of Gomez, Ribery, Robben and Schweinsteiger would be a nightmare for any side, no mind a Chelsea side missing their 'inspirational' captain.
    I see Drogba also scoring a goal so I will say, 3-1 Bayern win, possibly 4-1 or 5-1 if Chelsea lose their heads late on and get another man sent off.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

riise94 (18-05-2012), Sanjuspeaks (18-05-2012), scouseman (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,984 Times in 2,474 Posts

What a cracking thread Riise mate. I just wanted to take the time to wish you a safe and enjoyable trip. I hope they win for you. I have to support the English team with this one. Really hope Chelsea win and bring old big ears back home. Boy your trip schedule looks really tough (lack of sleep) and all BA can provide is a light snack for all that dosh I would be expecting a slap up meal or something. Come on Chelsea as Del Boy would say "Who Dares Wins". Going for a 2-1 Chelsea win. Really hope you can get a beer in Munich mate stash some holsten pils (Spurs old sponsors) in the suitcase or there must be some beer festivals/fan parks for the game so you should be fine.

I do feel sorry for the team in 4th though if Chelsea win. I mean it is like the team in 4th work so hard to get 4th thoughout the season and get penalised for the success of another english team. Uefa need to look into that also If Chelsea win Aresenal will not go direct into the CL they would enter at the 3rd qualifying round. Only Chelsea would go into the group stage as winners.

Again have a safe and enjoyable trip mate. All the best and try to soak up the grandness of the event. Wiziwig once again being represented at the biggest sporting evernts around the world, Does not get better then that.

I shall close by saying this "Istanbul we won it 5 times".
    Last edited by scouseman; 18-05-2012 at 12:34.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scouseman For This Useful Post:

riise94 (18-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Enjoy the match and the trip, looks like it will be a loooong day for you according to the Itinerary

Will add a poll to the first post and add some additional info later on. If anyone has a nice preview or logo please post it, so we can add. thanks!

Compared to Moscow,this one's a doddle Admin. That one killed me and I slept for a whole day when I got back. The only problem with this one is IF we win,there is a victory parade on the Sunday at 6pm and I reckon I'll be in a right mess!

T28 I hope we can disappoint you - no offence,but it will be like winning 2 trophies. Denying you a FA Cup final was good but this would top it big time

Scouseman - Don't worry about me getting a beer in Munich. One thing I am an expert in is getting served in very busy places. Thanks for your kind words. I've got to be honest,if it was Liverpool in the final,I'd want them ****ing hammered

Anyway enjoy the game chaps,I'm gonna get what little is left of my hair cut,sort out some clobber and dig out me passport.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to riise94 For This Useful Post:

Admin (18-05-2012), Sanjuspeaks (18-05-2012), scouseman (18-05-2012), tottenham28 (18-05-2012)

Thanks

Nice post as ever scouseman but I just can't agree with the 4th place thing, surely playing and beating the best sides in Europe throughout the season warrants the place more, as it is a European competition and not Premier League?.

It is for this reason and this alone that I believe, if Chelsea do actually do the unimaginable, they thoroughly deserve it.
    We should have been setting our sights on 3rd when Chelsea saw off Napoli (who they apparently shouldn't have beaten) and Barcelona (who they apparently shouldn't have beaten), I'm afraid, not getting the Champions League place would be all on our own backs If Chelsea pull it off.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

Sanjuspeaks (18-05-2012), scouseman (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,718 Posts

What is a light snack on a british flight to the CL Finals in Germany ? Two Guiness ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunkertor For This Useful Post:

riise94 (18-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riise94 View Post
    Compared to Moscow,this one's a doddle Admin. That one killed me and I slept for a whole day when I got back. The only problem with this one is IF we win,there is a victory parade on the Sunday at 6pm and I reckon I'll be in a right mess!

T28 I hope we can disappoint you - no offence,but it will be like winning 2 trophies. Denying you a FA Cup final was good but this would top it big time

Scouseman - Don't worry about me getting a beer in Munich. One thing I am an expert in is getting served in very busy places. Thanks for your kind words. I've got to be honest,if it was Liverpool in the final,I'd want them ****ing hammered

Anyway enjoy the game chaps,I'm gonna get what little is left of my hair cut,sort out some clobber and dig out me passport.
    I know where your coming from mate, if we ever create the miracle your lot have this season, the feeling would be more than mutual.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

Sanjuspeaks (18-05-2012)

Thanks

"Wir lieben Munchen, jawohl. Wir lieben Munchen, jawohl. Wir lieben Munchen, jawohl. Oh Munchen find ich toll"!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

Sanjuspeaks (18-05-2012), scouseman (19-05-2012), that_magic_1 (18-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham28 View Post
    "Wir lieben Munchen, jawohl. Wir lieben Munchen, jawohl. Wir lieben Munchen, jawohl. Oh Munchen find ich toll"!

I'd never thought I'd see the day the Yids would cheer on Germany! Short memories you lot

Anyway Thomas Cook have just sent us a picture of our aeroplane

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/862/cfcplane.jpg/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 700 Posts

Good luck Chelsea, I don't particularly want you to win but if you do I won't exactly be heartbroken either. I've got a funny feeling this could be your year. Bayern the better team on paper but then so were Barcelona...

Have a good time Riise, hope everything goes well over there (for you, if not your team!) Stay safe and try not to get too upset when Bayern beat you

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mosstopher For This Useful Post:

riise94 (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,718 Posts

Sopcast Camel. No doubt about it

Thanks
    Thanked 5,161 Times in 3,070 Posts

I think Bayern will prove too much for Chelski and I expect them to win at least 3-1 good news for the spuds bad news for Chelski
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici".

Most football teams are temperamental. That's 90% temper and 10% mental.

Thanks

I'd never thought I'd see the day the Yids would cheer on Germany! Short memories you lot

I'm clutching at straws mate, you know I can't stand ze Germans!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham28 View Post
    I'm clutching at straws mate, you know I can't stand ze Germans!

Yea I noticed that on your Bayern Hotspur page

26. The Following User Says Thank You to riise94 For This Useful Post:

tottenham28 (19-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony07 View Post
    I think Bayern will prove too much for Chelski and I expect them to win at least 3-1 good news for the spuds bad news for Chelski

You Gooners should be supporting us. You don't want the Champions League all tainted again with those muppets again do ya?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 700 Posts

You Gooners should be supporting us. You don't want the Champions League all tainted again with those muppets again do ya?
    Prefer Bayern to win and Spurs to go out in qualifying

29. The Following User Says Thank You to mosstopher For This Useful Post:

Tony07 (19-05-2012)

Thanks

MIA SAN MIA !!!

3:2 bayern!!
    this sig is totally better than yours !

Thanks
    Thanked 5,161 Times in 3,070 Posts

If you lot win we will never hear the end of it, I really can't see you beating BM but good luck anyway
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici".

Most football teams are temperamental. That's 90% temper and 10% mental.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,647 Times in 4,548 Posts

I'll always want the English club side to win, regardless of what happens in our domestic leagues, so a hopeful Chelsea win, maybe 1-0.