• Denmark to win

1 16.67%
  • Portugal to win

3 50.00%
  • Draw

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denmark v Portugal [Euro 2012 Group B]

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,097 Times in 5,374 Posts

Post Denmark v Portugal [Euro 2012 Group B]

V

Venue - Arena Lviv, Lviv

Live Streams -
    http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?...56&part=sports

MATCH PREVIEW

Just what you don't need when down on your luck and desperate for a win is a match against your bogey team, and that's exactly what Portugal face when they take on a Denmark; a side who finished ahead of them in qualifying for both Euro 2012 and the 2010 World Cup. If that run continues in Lviv, then Cristiano Ronaldo and co might just find themselves on a flight home come the weekend.

This year has not been kind for the Portuguese so far with no wins and just one goal from four matches - not the desired form to be in during a major championship. Paulo Bento's men did hit the woodwork twice against Germany last weekend as they chased the game but the failure to take those chances will do little to boost what is perceived as brittle confidence, especially without a recognised playmaker through the middle. The Portuguese reportedly dedicated a training session earlier this week to target practice but will that have the desired effect?

Nicklas Bendtner and Michael Krohn-Dehli, the Danish hero from their surprise win over the Netherlands at the weekend, both have previous against Portugal, each scoring in the Danes' 2-1 qualifying win in Copenhagen last October that condemned Portugal to a play-off to reach the finals. That night the hosts' game plan - shutting Cristiano Ronaldo out - succeeded and they will be looking to do exactly the same again in Lviv.

The Danes, written off by most before a ball was kicked in the group, demonstrated last Saturday they thrive when given the little guy status. Goalkeeper Stephan Andersen, who excelled against the Dutch, revealed: "We still look at ourselves as underdogs… that's what we'll be in the next two matches." Victory for Morten Olsen's men would really put the cat amongst the pigeons in the so-called Group of Death and place the Danes on the verge of qualification for the quarter-finals.
    LINE-UPS Denmark v Portugal

Denmark: Andersen, Jacobsen, Kjaer, Agger, Simon Poulsen, Kvist Jorgensen, Zimling, Rommedahl, Eriksen, Krohn-Delhi, Bendtner. Subs: Lindegaard, Christian Poulsen, Bjelland, Okore, Schone, Silberbauer, Pedersen, Wass, Jakob Poulsen, Kahlenberg, Mikkelsen, Schmeichel.

Portugal: Rui Patricio, Joao Pereira, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Fabio Coentrao, Meireles, Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo. Subs: Eduardo, Custodio, Almeida, Quaresma, Nelson Oliveira, Ricardo Costa, Rolando, Ruben Micael, Varela, Miguel Lopes, Hugo Viana, Beto.

Referee:
    Craig Thomson (Scotland)
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Since Morten Olsen's debut as Denmark coach in August 2000, the Danes have won three out of five matches with Portugal and only lost one.
    • Up until that point Portugal had won six of the first seven meetings between the countries. In total Portugal have won seven of 12 official encounters compared to Denmark's three.
    • Portugal have scored in all of their 12 previous meetings - matches that have averaged 3.5 goals per game.

Denmark

• Denmark have won five successive competitive matches for the first time since Sep2008-Jun 2009. Victory would see them record six straight wins for first time since Jun-Nov 1999, and for a first time under Olsen.
    • The last team to beat Denmark in a competitive match were Portugal, who inflicted a 3-1 qualifying defeat in Lisbon in October 2010.
    • If selected, Nicklas Bendtner will win his 50th Danish cap. He has scored one goal in each of his four previous matches against Portugal and has never lost a match against them (three wins, one draw).

Portugal

• Portugal have lost their last three European Championship matches - their longest ever run of defeats in the tournament.
    • Paulo Bento's first match as Portugal head coach came in the 3-1 home victory over Denmark in October 2010.
    • Portugal have never failed to advance beyond the group stage before at five previous European Championship finals tournaments where group stages have been contested.

Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

Admin (13-06-2012), Big Mac (13-06-2012), GWolf1 (13-06-2012), idreemer (13-06-2012), riise94 (13-06-2012), tottenham28 (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,088 Times in 2,578 Posts

I reckon the Danes can get a result. Going for a 2 2 draw.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,504 Times in 4,418 Posts

Portugal to edge it 2-1, no doubt 'the scumbag' will take a dive and score the penalty for the win too.

Thanks

What do think of Redknapp getting that 5 year contract extension then 28?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riise94 View Post
    What do think of Redknapp getting that 5 year contract extension then 28?
    Hes had it mate! in a job like that, you take your eye off the ball at your own risk...
    If he got a five year extension, I'd boycott the club!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

riise94 (13-06-2012)

Thanks

1-0 to Portugal.

Admin, I can't see DawgPwnd again. Just me or is it not listed?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,023 Times in 4,794 Posts

Denmark: Andersen, Jacobsen, Kjaer, Agger, Simon Poulsen, Kvist Jorgensen, Zimling, Rommedahl, Eriksen, Krohn-Delhi, Bendtner. Subs: Lindegaard, Christian Poulsen, Bjelland, Okore, Schone, Silberbauer, Pedersen, Wass, Jakob Poulsen, Kahlenberg, Mikkelsen, Schmeichel.

Portugal: Rui Patricio, Joao Pereira, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Fabio Coentrao, Meireles, Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo. Subs: Eduardo, Custodio, Almeida, Quaresma, Nelson Oliveira, Ricardo Costa, Rolando, Ruben Micael, Varela, Miguel Lopes, Hugo Viana, Beto.

Referee: Craig Thomson (Scotland)

Odd goal victory for Portugal.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GWolf1 For This Useful Post:

Admin (13-06-2012), idreemer (13-06-2012), tottenham28 (13-06-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham28 View Post
    Hes had it mate! in a job like that, you take your eye off the ball at your own risk...
    If he got a five year extension, I'd boycott the club!

I blame old age mate. Silly old sod has lost it. I don't think we helped by winning the CL either. In fact,we might of done you a favour!

Thanks

I blame old age mate. Silly old sod has lost it. I don't think we helped by winning the CL either. In fact,we might of done you a favour!
    He like everyone else thought the England job was in the bag, now Levy has the ball in his court Harry is crapping himself.
    Look at these two recent quotes from him, see any difference?

Back in March when he was chasing the England job it was:
    "the players don't care whose boss next year, they only care about getting paid and playing football".

Now it looks like he may get the sack its:
    "managers shouldn't be allowed to run into the last year of their contract, it unsettles the players!"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

riise94 (13-06-2012)

Thanks

any decent streams around?

bloodzeeds gone offline

Thanks

^+1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham28 View Post
    He like everyone else thought the England job was in the bag, now Levy has the ball in his court Harry is crapping himself.
    Look at these two recent quotes from him, see any difference?

Back in March when he was chasing the England job it was:
    "the players don't care whose boss next year, they only care about getting paid and playing football".

Now it looks like he may get the sack its:
    "managers shouldn't be allowed to run into the last year of their contract, it unsettles the players!"

He should just retire now mate. Looking at it as an outsider though you can't really argue that overall he has done a good job for you. I just think he has taken you as far as he is able to. Imagine (God forbid Mourinho for instance) what a decent manager could do with that squad? You are only 2-3 players away from being real genuine title contenders and I haven't even started drinking yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,318 Times in 9,848 Posts

Sopcast is removing all football channels it seems, so if you want a p2p stream then use Angus on Streamtorrent. Or use flash streams

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (13-06-2012), TheHurtLocker873 (13-06-2012), tottenham28 (13-06-2012)

Thanks

He should just retire now mate. Looking at it as an outsider though you can't really argue that overall he has done a good job for you. I just think he has taken you as far as he is able to. Imagine (God forbid Mourinho for instance) what a decent manager could do with that squad? You are only 2-3 players away from being real genuine title contenders and I haven't even started drinking yet.
    I agree mate, overall he has done a good job but the baggage he carries and the falling away of last season leaves him in a very awkward position. He has taken us as far as he can, at times in the last two seasons he has looked like an old man lacking ideas.
    If we could get Moyes on board I would be chuffed to bits as he would get the side running into the ground for him, first choice would have been Rodgers but in typical Spurs style, we missed the boat.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tottenham28 For This Useful Post:

riise94 (13-06-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Sopcast is removing all football channels it seems, so if you want a p2p stream then use Angus on Streamtorrent. Or use flash streams
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

End of an era.

Thanks

Enjoy the game all, pub is calling.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,109 Times in 512 Posts

reason i cant connect ****ers

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bloodzeed For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (13-06-2012), TheHurtLocker873 (13-06-2012)

Thanks

Just what the game needed. Now Denmark will have to do something completely alien to them.

Thanks

From 60 FPS stream to no stream at all in two days. How the mighty have fallen.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,023 Times in 4,794 Posts

Finally a goal, glancing header from Pepe. 1-0 Portugal.