Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Acestream - Help and Settings

Thanks

Default Acestream - Help and Settings

for some reason I couldn't connect to Bloodzeed's AceStream today I was just stuck in pre-buffering 0% and (connected streams going up ) I couldn't even get a glimpse of the stream I tried Dazsports and I got a glimpse of the stream showing (dutchsport1 selecthd). I really don't know what the problem is I was connected over Ethernet cable as well so I had optimum connection I tried this for both arsenal game and united game. I then tried delvrey sop for the united game which was 800kbps which worked perfectly it was on 100 on sopcast all the time the quality was amazing for 800 but I really wanted to connect to bloodzeed as I haven't experienced him on ace stream yet. Don't get me wrong a few weeks ago it was working fine like the swansea arsenal game before the replay arsenal won it was working fine since then it has been falling apart more and more I don't know why ? I am Connected to talktalk and I head they limit your p2p activity but I don't know if that's true any suggestions or fixes ? My broad band speed test result is good as far as I know ?

ON THE SIDE NOTE IS THEIR A WAY OF INCREASING YOUR UPLOAD AND DECREASING DOWNLOAD OR HAVING THEM BOTH AT 5MB
    Last edited by IceHD; 20-01-2013 at 20:48.

Thanks

Default Just started Ace Stream today

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem, I have only just started using this software, and first impressions haven't been good. I managed to get a stream working earlier after it took 15 mins to pre buffer it then played for 15 secs then started buffering again. I done a speed test to see if I have a rubbish conneciton but I got 75mb connection. One thing that did cross my mind was that i am using a BT connection and someone had mentioned to be before that they limit your connection with torrents. I have port forwarding set up for downloading torrents will I need to free any ports for Ace Stream?
    Or is there a genuine problem with it today and I am just unlucky because i first donwloaded and tried it today with no luck?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,109 Times in 512 Posts

dc2d82e0ed4237627f2fb6f1e6d14f44a4da2557 can you connect to this?

bt talktalk etc filter torrents atm i can now connect to my own stream but prob not later

i dunno why some can get on Dazsports and not mine i have changed trackers see if that helps

the only way to bypass it is to use a vpn
    Last edited by bloodzeed; 21-01-2013 at 14:39.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bloodzeed For This Useful Post:

Admin (21-01-2013), andybrough56 (12-05-2014), udomrat (21-01-2013)

Thanks

Hi Bloodzeed, I also had problems with buffering with your stream but Dazsports was fine.
    Just tried your link and it's working great, no buffering and a perfect picture.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lebob For This Useful Post:

Admin (21-01-2013)

Thanks

BANG on 4pm i cant connect to the stream its BT getting prebuffering 0
    i was on my own stream all day fine soon as it hit 4pm lost connection to it and pre buffer 0 percent all the time

the only way past it is to get a vpn
    Last edited by bloodzeed; 21-01-2013 at 17:12.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bloodzeed For This Useful Post:

Admin (21-01-2013), DEAD_MAN_WALKING (21-01-2013)

Thanks

Anyone know how much bandwidth on average Acestream uses when you watch a game ?

Thanks

Was going to start a new thread, but thought it would be helpful to put it here.

Up to today Acestream has been hugely problematic for football on a Saturday. I have no problems with Sopcast or the 2000kbps streams Boodzeed used to send out on Sopcast. But with Acestream the video buffers plays a few seconds, then buffers, plays a few seconds, then buffers,....etc.

I've got a programme installed called Networx that allows me to see a transfer speed graph, and it confirms that Acestream was not delivering data fast enough. Yesterday during the Tottenham v Manu game I watched for 5 minutes using Sopcast 1800kbps stream and then 5 minutes using Acestream 2000kpbs (bloodzeed). The graph below shows the problem. (note the graph uses kBps and not kbps.(1800kbps = 225kbps) & (2000kbps = 250kBps) )
    Sopcast 1800kbps - Acestream 2000kbps.jpg

I was certain the problem could not be with what Bloodzeed sends out, or people using (sharing) the data, so I think there may some problem some where with how Acestream moves data between people or how users get data about other users.

Looked at Bloodzeeds twitter this morning and it appears he(she?) knew there was a problem and was looking for ways to improve things. I connected to a test broadcast, and now everything is working.
    You can see in the graph below the video buffers almost instantly then transfer rate in very reliable. In fact it buffered faster than Sopcast and data stream appears more constant.
    bloodzeed - acestream - 21stJan midday.jpg

So it's working now, at least on Bloodzeed's stream. I'll guess this new system will improve, though guess main problem will be with those who get hit by a p2p block in the evenings.
    Last edited by axean; 21-01-2013 at 18:32.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axean For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (21-01-2013), tottenham28 (21-01-2013)

Thanks

Acestream works like torrents and alot of isps restrict this kind of traffic. Private torrent trackers are not normally affected so if bloodzeed is using one it should improve the stream. The other problem is people in general do not have the upload speed to share the stream at the full bit rate. Until everyone is on fibre I cannot see it improving.
    My stream was run at 1200kbps for the spurs united game, upped it from the Liverpool game

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delvey For This Useful Post:

andybrough56 (12-05-2014)

Thanks

I tested bloodzeed's stream this morning as well when the Real Madrid match was on. No buffering at all. I just started the Everton stream and it constantly buffers. I have a 50mb cable account in USA. Can't see my internet connection being the problem as the best DL rate I see on acestream is only ever 250-300kbps. When I torrent from private trackers for other stuff, not streaming, I get 2mbps transfer rates. My cable provider does not limit torrent traffic. They are not one of the big cable companies in the USA so they have not caught on to torrent traffic like Comcast or Verizon.
    I'm currently connected to ceb7d37c732a6e95f3fd8f8118cee566cbcbc268 which is Everton match from Russian Sport HD and have not seen a buffer since starting the stream over 15 minutes ago.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peridigm View Post
    I tested bloodzeed's stream this morning as well when the Real Madrid match was on. No buffering at all. I just started the Everton stream and it constantly buffers. I have a 50mb cable account in USA. Can't see my internet connection being the problem as the best DL rate I see on acestream is only ever 250-300kbps. When I torrent from private trackers for other stuff, not streaming, I get 2mbps transfer rates. My cable provider does not limit torrent traffic. They are not one of the big cable companies in the USA so they have not caught on to torrent traffic like Comcast or Verizon.
    I'm currently connected to ceb7d37c732a6e95f3fd8f8118cee566cbcbc268 which is Everton match from Russian Sport HD and have not seen a buffer since starting the stream over 15 minutes ago.
    But thats the problem with the majority of UK internet providers, they limit torrent traffic after certain time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delvey View Post
    But thats the problem with the majority of UK internet providers, they limit torrent traffic after certain time
    ..and because of that people or putting a bigger buffer to compensate, which is understandable, but with few people on the bigger the buffer you put, the more it will buffer for everyone else and especially so if their upload speed is low.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodzeed View Post
    BANG on 4pm i cant connect to the stream its BT getting prebuffering 0
    i was on my own stream all day fine soon as it hit 4pm lost connection to it and pre buffer 0 percent all the time

the only way past it is to get a vpn
    Sorry could you explain how I could by pass it and I don't think its my speed at 10mb is more than enough. ?

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,085 Times in 5,373 Posts

A VPN that doesn't cap P2P and for FREE if you can ? something like Tunngle maybe or the idea behind it...?
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    A VPN that doesn't cap P2P and for FREE if you can ? something like Tunngle maybe or the idea behind it...?
    shall I test it if Bloodzeed keeps he's ace on ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    and how is it possible because we don't need a browser we need to the programme to run on tuungle. ?

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,085 Times in 5,373 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IceHD View Post
    and how is it possible because we don't need a browser we need to the programme to run on tuungle. ?
    I didnt mean for you to download it it was just a idea of what is needed in some cases. Maybe the developers of AS can look into something like this...?
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

Oh Ok .... yh because sopcast has cleared up most of its errors apart from the offline showing thing but acestream needs to develop importantly only if everyone good show all on veetle there wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks

would be great if everyone posted on ace forum and tell them our feedback in the English section

Thanks

right on 12am allowed back on the stream thanks bt

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bloodzeed For This Useful Post:

Admin (22-01-2013), coopamaniac (22-01-2013), DEAD_MAN_WALKING (22-01-2013)

Thanks

Yeah good idea Bloodzeed the more people (from the UK) who log their findings to acestream the quicker the problem will be resolved.
    So please guys take a minute to log onto acestream and leave feedback.
    thanks to all
    Styl3r