Thread: Playing AceStream with WMP Classic Home Theatre & Sopcast

Thanks

Default Playing AceStream with WMP Classic Home Theatre & Sopcast

Hi everyone. I have followed the instructions on the tutorial to play AceStream on an external device but do not know how to use h**p://localhost:8902/tv.asf to play the stream on Sopcast. Could someone please tell me the procedure required.

Furthermore, I have problems with video tearing on Ace Player, so I would like to use WMP Classic to watch streams on my HDTV. I have amended the Vsync settings on WMPC and have cured my tearing video problem on my HDTV. I currently watch Sopcast on WMPC.

Could someone please tell me of the amendments required to the string code: #duplicate{dst="http{mux=ts,dst=:8902/tv.asf}",dst=display} to allow me to play Windows Media Player Classic for all AceStreams.

Many thanks for a brilliant site.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,751 Times in 8,740 Posts

I do not think it can be done in the way you are hoping.

AceStream uses TS encapsulation, not ASF. Therefore mux=ts and dst=***.asf does not make sense together. Also, it uses x264 video codecs which I do not think are supported by WMP Classic. The analogy you draw with Sopcast does not really hold, for those reasons. I think you must use the AceStream External player (based on VLC) and then get that playing on your TV.

But maybe someone else has a better idea

Thanks

Thanks very much for your prompt response. All of the information on playing AceStreams with an external player has been copied and pasted from the 'sticky' tutorial posted by Kerelb in this section. He seems to believe it is possible to play the streams in external players. I have downloaded the K-lite mega Codec pack for WMPC, but I have no clue if this helps to capture the AceStream video. If I cannot watch with WMPC I would settle for Sopcast or WMP. I am a total novice in this field, so would it be possible to address my question directly to Kerelb? Many thanks once again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seams View Post
    Thanks very much for your prompt response. All of the information on playing AceStreams with an external player has been copied and pasted from the 'sticky' tutorial posted by Kerelb in this section. He seems to believe it is possible to play the streams in external players. I have downloaded the K-lite mega Codec pack for WMPC, but I have no clue if this helps to capture the AceStream video. If I cannot watch with WMPC I would settle for Sopcast or WMP. I am a total novice in this field, so would it be possible to address my question directly to Kerelb? Many thanks once again.
    I've been trying to do similar things using WMP. The issue here (atleast with WMP, havent tried WMPC) is that the H.26x codec isnt supported with WMP, so using the Acestream VLC plugin, we need to transcode the feed into a format that these players can use. To do so, you can choose the 'Stream' option under the Media tab in the Acestream VLC player. Choose whichever route you're getting your stream from (presumably it's an Acestream Content ID), and instead of choosing 'Play', we choose 'Stream'.

This brings us to tabs where we can choose how to output this original stream we're getting. The Destination tab allows us to choose a format (HTTP, WMSP, RSTP, etc), and transcoding options. We need to encode our output stream into something that windows media supports; Advanced System Format (.asf) is suggested.

Unfortunately, I've only been able to get WMP to play sound using this method, and nothing from Windows Media Center (still working on it). However, I've never been able to get WMP nor WMC to play these videos at all using the 'streaming Acestream to an external device' approach, so perhaps this will provide a good foundation for others.

** [Edit] **

Posted my solution on the "Tutorial: How to pass on an AceStream stream to an external device" thread.
    Last edited by Tyren; 02-10-2013 at 01:04. Reason: Figured it out