Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sopcast on Mac

Thanks

Default Sopcast on Mac

Update August 2012

Sopcast has released a Mac Version;
    http://www.sopcast.com/download/mac.html

SopCast for Mac 1.3.5 is based on the lastest SopCast p2p engine. Now you can enjoy all SopCast channels on Mac OSX too! You can watch channels listed in this appliction, or you can input the SopCast URL by yourself. SopCast for Mac also supports to play channel by clicking a SopCast URL in a browser.

More featuers will be available in near future.

Mac OSX 10.6(Snow Leopard)or above.

Download SopCast-1.3.5.dmg from: http://download.easetuner.com/downlo...Cast-1.3.5.dmg

md5sum SopCast-1.3.5.dmg 6890dc30c2aef3b9ba6378855f3aac40

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a solution for anyone with a Mac so they can use Sopcast. It requires a program called CrossOver (located at: Software by CodeWeavers - CrossOver Mac and CrossOver Linux)

Here's the instructions:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Sopcast on Mac OSX - Solution confirmed ...

"Hi everyone, first post on these forums but Ive managed to get something working that a lot of mac users seem to be desperate for - sopcast.

You need a few different bits of software but I now have sopcast working perfectly on my macbook.

You will first need to download "Crossover"

Once installed, open the program and install internet explorer 6 (the programme automates this process for you)

Then go to the Microsoft website and download the .exe file for Media player 7.

Open crossover again and select "install unsupported application" - browser to the media player 7 .exe and install

Return to microsoft and download media player 9 and repeat the steps above.

Finally download sopcast .exe file from the sopcast site and install as above.

Sopcast can now be run from the applications folder!"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChelseaEdmonton For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (22-08-2012), Redbullsnation (24-01-2011), ringhio85 (17-08-2010), tundewonder (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,110 Times in 9,725 Posts

Thanks

There is another solution I found on Apple forums (in fact on the same thread as the original post). I just went through all the steps and IT WORKS!

=========
    P0ng

Re: Sopcast for OSX - non crossover method
    Posted: Mar 5, 2008 1:40 AM in response to: garoda13
    Click to reply to this topic Reply email Email

Running SopCast in OS X under tiger 10.4.11 (Intel) for free without CrossOver

Simple (-ish!) step by step guide (for everyone from beginner-intermediates on! Experts ignore the tedious instructions and leap ahead!!)

Things you need:

1) DarWine : Darwine builds for OS X

2) Old Version of Windows SopCast 1.1.2

3) MPlayer for OS X : MPlayer - The Movie Player

4) X11 from Apple Install Discs that came with your computer or version of OS X

A) Install X11

B) Install Darwine as per the instructions.

C) Run Installer to install SopCast 1.1.2

D) Install MPLayer: Choose Preferences, under miscellaneous, click use cache

E) Double click on Sopcast.exe installed in wine folder C_Drive subfolder sopcast

F) Leave Sopcast Login as anonymous, click login

G) From X11 terminal (xterm), type command: top

H) Look for PID of winehelper

e.g. 775 WineHelper 0.0% 0:0:43.23 5 etc etc etc. Thus, 775 is the PID of winehelper

I) Ctrl C to end top function in Xterm and exit screen

J) in xterm type: kill -9 (PID of winehelper) e.g. if PID = 775 - so comand is kill -9 775

K) Enter into sopcast address bar the sopcast address you want, e.g. sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/6001 then click on big blue button with right arrow, a non-working viewer should slide out

L) Launch MPlayer: Select open location: enter mms://127.0.0.1:8902 (if 8902 doesn't work, try 8903 or 8912) Be patient, the caching could take a minute or so.

THAT'S IT! Enjoy!

For those who are interested - winehelper if left to run, in conjunction with sopcast, starts to eat up up to 99.7% of CPU resources and video stops working after about two minutes, hence the need to kill winehelper. I have yet to figure out how to launch a .exe without launching winehelper in Darwine. Anyone who knows the answer to this, I would be most interested.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Sopcast for OSX ...

Thanks

I use the Darwine method but when I try to launch Sopcast it crashes. I am left with this msg.

err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\SopCast\\CrashReport\\XCrashReport.exe" failed, status c0000135

Thanks

hey guys...i dont know where exactly i have to install sopcast? The install menu gives me four options.

Thanks

how about the other softwares?

Thanks

i cannot get crossover to install the sopcast exe, can anyone help me out here? thanks.

i have crossover version 7.0.2.

it just seems to be taking a very very long time is this normal? i think it may just be freezing.... all help appreciated thanks a mil!

Will.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rurikbird View Post

2) Old Version of Windows SopCast 1.1.2

A) Install X11

E) Double click on Sopcast.exe installed in wine folder C_Drive subfolder sopcast

e.g. 775 WineHelper 0.0% 0:0:43.23 5 etc etc etc. Thus, 775 is the PID of winehelper

J) in xterm type: kill -9 (PID of winehelper) e.g. if PID = 775 - so comand is kill -9 775

K) Enter into sopcast address bar the sopcast address you want, e.g. sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/6001 then click on big blue button with right arrow, a non-working viewer should slide out

L) Launch MPlayer: Select open location: enter mms://127.0.0.1:8902 (if 8902 doesn't work, try 8903 or 8912) Be patient, the caching could take a minute or so.

THAT'S IT! Enjoy!

For those who are interested - winehelper if left to run, in conjunction with sopcast, starts to eat up up to 99.7% of CPU resources and video stops working after about two minutes, hence the need to kill winehelper. I have yet to figure out how to launch a .exe without launching winehelper in Darwine. Anyone who knows the answer to this, I would be most interested.

Thanks for this. I have installed Darwine and Sopcast but am running Leopard so X11 is already installed <---- how do I access it?

Also which version of MPlayer is best?

(oh and tried to set up TORS on foxyproxy and that went hopelessly wrong too!)

Thanks

I get everything to work, except when I type mms://127.0.0.1:8902 nothing happens. so really its only the last step . Would appreciate some help!
    thanks

just to clarify I am obviously using the Darwine method, not the crossover method. thx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 665 Posts

YouTube - Crossover mac tutorial

New Video updated 31-03-11

Made by me. MAC ROCKS!!! I think since it's not anywhere on youtube, you should add it to first post or main site

Thanks
    Thanked 22,110 Times in 9,725 Posts

Nice, updated some parts to the website guide

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 5,373 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibarcaly View Post
    YouTube - Crossover mac tutorial

Made by me. MAC ROCKS!!! I think since it's not anywhere on youtube, you should add it to first post or main site
    Well done barcaly mate proof of concept.
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

ibarcaly thanks for the video. But unfortunately it didn't work out for me.
    I have problems to get the signal playing in vlc. Sopcast is running and buffering 100%.
    But when i try to connect the network with filling in 127.0.0.1:8902 i get an error message saying vlc couldn't open the MLR 'http://127.0.0.1:8902'.
    What am I doing wrong? Please help me to pass this final step to get this working

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hookz View Post
    ibarcaly thanks for the video. But unfortunately it didn't work out for me.
    I have problems to get the signal playing in vlc. Sopcast is running and buffering 100%.
    But when i try to connect the network with filling in 127.0.0.1:8902 i get an error message saying vlc couldn't open the MLR 'http://127.0.0.1:8902'.
    What am I doing wrong? Please help me to pass this final step to get this working
    Which version of vlc do you have?

The new ones arent working with sopcast together. I have settled my version back 0.98 (I am using XP not a mac)

Thanks

ok, danke.
    tried it indeed with the lastest build of vlc. will try 0.98

Thanks

It works with the 0.98 version. noch mal danke boothinator!
    and big thank you of course to ibarcaly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hookz View Post
    It works with the 0.98 version. noch mal danke boothinator!
    and big thank you of course to ibarcaly.
    kein Ding Ich hatte das gleich Problem, aber es scheint so dass die neuen VLC Version nicht mit Sopcast koorperieren

I will translate it now

No Problem I had the same problem but it seems that the new VLC dont coorperate with sopcast

All understand? Say: " Yes"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 665 Posts

No problem. Glad to help Thanks boothinator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rurikbird View Post
    There is another solution I found on Apple forums (in fact on the same thread as the original post). I just went through all the steps and IT WORKS!

=========
    P0ng

Re: Sopcast for OSX - non crossover method
    Posted: Mar 5, 2008 1:40 AM in response to: garoda13
    Click to reply to this topic Reply email Email

Running SopCast in OS X under tiger 10.4.11 (Intel) for free without CrossOver

Simple (-ish!) step by step guide (for everyone from beginner-intermediates on! Experts ignore the tedious instructions and leap ahead!!)

Things you need:

2) Old Version of Windows SopCast 1.1.2 :

A) Install X11

THAT'S IT! Enjoy!

I have no idea what all of these programs actually do, but it works! Awesome! Thanks!

Thanks

it works, yay!