Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sopcast on Mac

DEAD_MAN_WALKING is offline Super Moderator and Most Valuable Member - R.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,095 Times in 5,374 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewEqual View Post
    I found this fantastic set of instructions for installing Wine (which is useful for running other Windows software as well)

It uses Darwine.

http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

I followed the instructions - ran the sopcast setup (with the latest version 3.4.0)

Opened sopcast and chose the channel. Note that Sopcast running in Wine will NOT display the video - so I had to use VLC. Sopcast tells me I am connected to the channel but the screen is black.

I opened VLC (Mac version 1.1.3) and in the pulldown menu FILE - use OPEN NETWORK.

In the address bar I typed http://127.0.0.1:8902/ and bingo it worked with no problems.
    Its kinder like the instructions i made for StreamTorrent under Linux with Wine...

Thanks
    Say NO to Ads on streams & Stop the Virus/Malware Alerts.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

Has anyone got a 2012 solution to running Sopcast with Lion using Virtualbox. I get some jerkyness can anyone help please?

Thanks

hello,

i've tried this solution for mac and works great : http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7087607/Sopcast_for_MAC

No additional software needed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sharkyLS For This Useful Post:

DEAD_MAN_WALKING (15-04-2012)

Thanks

Thanks I have downloaded the file and will try it. I no longer use Virtualbox as I don't want to keep buying Windows. I wil let you know if it works with Lion.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,479 Times in 3,897 Posts

Anyone has any idea why I can not open that link?
    FreeIPTVforFreePeople

Thanks

Sopcast for Mac works on Lion but sometimes it shows this box and clicking on it does not work, see attachment. does anyone know why.WMP.jpg
    I wish to link it from my browser to Sopcast but Firefox does not does anyone know to or which browser would do the job.

Thanks

Maybe your browser is blocking it in some way as it works for me.

Thanks

Hey guyz be a a little careful with this as i dont know how it was made or compiled as its not a official SopCast product!!!

A comment on ThePirateBay that may help it work for you...
    Works on Lion but poor quality and jerky on full screen. but can paste ulr in Sopcast. Need link from Firefox enabled. If you use Mac version of VLC you can go to file> open media and paste http://localhost:8902/tv.asf or http://127.0.0.1:8902 it has a brilliant picture.

If ever a password is needed in any of my or other users uploads try myp2p, Myp2p or wiziwig.

Thanks

I have 2 problems, 1. I need my browser to link to Firefox (but would use other browser if appropriate), 2. Loss of quality on full screen and sometimes a bit jerky. I can get round the link by clicking the ULR link then cutting and pasting into Sopcast. I get the occasional with a box popping up with a reference to Windows Media Play, which is included in the software, asking you to update but clicking it does not work? Can anyone help with these 2 problems please?

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD_MAN_WALKING View Post
    Hey guyz be a a little careful with this as i dont know how it was made or compiled as its not a official SopCast product!!!

A comment on ThePirateBay that may help it work for you...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by livefortoday6491 View Post
    I have 2 problems, 1. I need my browser to link to Firefox (but would use other browser if appropriate), 2. Loss of quality on full screen and sometimes a bit jerky. I can get round the link by clicking the ULR link then cutting and pasting into Sopcast. I get the occasional with a box popping up with a reference to Windows Media Play, which is included in the software, asking you to update but clicking it does not work? Can anyone help with these 2 problems please?
    This all sounds like some kind of wrapper using WINE or CrossOver...?

Thanks

Default Sopcast on Mac software

Nothing to do with wrappers, I am talking about the Mac version of Sopcast which I have installed. My post are a references to the use of Sopcast for Mac for which I would please like some help with?

This all sounds like some kind of wrapper using WINE or CrossOver...?

Thanks

Nothing to do with wrappers, I am talking about the Mac version of Sopcast which I have installed. My post are a references to the use of Sopcast for Mac for which I would please like some help with?
    Did you not see...
    So its not some sort of wrapper then...?

Then explain to me how you have WMP on a MAC.

If it was "REAL" it would be listed here - http://sopcast.com/download/ and not on a torrent site also look at the size of the download compared to the Windows, Linux and Andriod versions.

Still not happy contact the SopCast team for help - info_at_sopcast.org

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DEAD_MAN_WALKING For This Useful Post:

algi (17-04-2012)

Thanks

Default Sopcast on Mac

I apologise it does seem to be a wrapper and Sopcast and WMP are included in the wrapper. I was hoping for some help on my attachment, with the error message not being active. I do realise that Sopcast do not produce a Mac version. although I know there have been requests to do so. Will Sopcast help if it is not produced by them?

Did you not see...

So its not some sort of wrapper then...?

Then explain to me how you have WMP on a MAC.

If it was "REAL" it would be listed here - http://sopcast.com/download/ and not on a torrent site also look at the size of the download compared to the Windows, Linux and Andriod versions.

Still not happy contact the SopCast team for help - info_at_sopcast.org

Thanks

info_at_sopcast.org does not work anyway

Thanks

info_at_sopcast.org does not work anyway
    Try

Thanks

I use the Mac version of Firefox, but I cannot open the Mac version of Sopcast direct from a link in a web page. Please can anyone help?

Thanks

I use the Mac version of Firefox, but I cannot open the Mac version of Sopcast direct from a link in a web page. Please can anyone help?
    That could be like the same issue Linux had...?

1. In Firefox, in the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
    2. Right-click anywhere in the grid, choose New, then String.
    3. In the Enter the preference name prompt, type in network.protocol-handler.app.sop and press OK.
    4. In the Enter string value prompt, type sopcast-player and press OK.

4.5 In about:config set network.protocol-handler.expose-all to false
    5. Try to open sop:// link on your favorite website and you will be presented with dialog box where you can search location of sopcast player. Navigate to ~/usr/bin and point to sopcast-player and click OK.
    6. OK out of dialog box and now all sop:// links should open sopcast player automatically.
    7. To stop getting prompted for EVERY link, after opening the first sop:// link you should undo 4.5 above (change it back to true).

Thanks

That could be like the same issue Linux had...?
    Thanks for the help and I am almost there, although I am stuck on action 5 especially -/usr/bin sorry don't know how use a lower tilde sign before /urs
    Action 6 is okay if I can get past 5.
    Please can you help?

Thanks

Thanks for the help and I am almost there, although I am stuck on action 5 especially -/usr/bin sorry don't know how use a lower tilde sign before /urs
    Action 6 is okay if I can get past 5.
    Please can you help?
    Well thats just where SopCast is located on Linux all you will have to do is change to where it is on your MAC...

Thanks

Well thats just where SopCast is located on Linux all you will have to do is change to where it is on your MAC...
    I seem to have cracked it, thanks! Can you tell me how to delete the string in Firefox if I need to as there does not seem to be an obvious way to do it.
    It is unstable some times please see my attachment. Can you explain whatit means please?
    Error.jpg