Has anyone got a 2012 solution to running Sopcast with Lion using Virtualbox. I get some jerkyness can anyone help please?
Thanks I have downloaded the file and will try it. I no longer use Virtualbox as I don't want to keep buying Windows. I wil let you know if it works with Lion.
Anyone has any idea why I can not open that link?
Sopcast for Mac works on Lion but sometimes it shows this box and clicking on it does not work, see attachment. does anyone know why.WMP.jpg
I wish to link it from my browser to Sopcast but Firefox does not does anyone know to or which browser would do the job.
Maybe your browser is blocking it in some way as it works for me.
Hey guyz be a a little careful with this as i dont know how it was made or compiled as its not a official SopCast product!!!
A comment on ThePirateBay that may help it work for you...
I have 2 problems, 1. I need my browser to link to Firefox (but would use other browser if appropriate), 2. Loss of quality on full screen and sometimes a bit jerky. I can get round the link by clicking the ULR link then cutting and pasting into Sopcast. I get the occasional with a box popping up with a reference to Windows Media Play, which is included in the software, asking you to update but clicking it does not work? Can anyone help with these 2 problems please?
Then explain to me how you have WMP on a MAC.
If it was "REAL" it would be listed here - http://sopcast.com/download/ and not on a torrent site also look at the size of the download compared to the Windows, Linux and Andriod versions.
Still not happy contact the SopCast team for help - info_at_sopcast.org
I apologise it does seem to be a wrapper and Sopcast and WMP are included in the wrapper. I was hoping for some help on my attachment, with the error message not being active. I do realise that Sopcast do not produce a Mac version. although I know there have been requests to do so. Will Sopcast help if it is not produced by them?
info_at_sopcast.org does not work anyway
I use the Mac version of Firefox, but I cannot open the Mac version of Sopcast direct from a link in a web page. Please can anyone help?
1. In Firefox, in the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
2. Right-click anywhere in the grid, choose New, then String.
3. In the Enter the preference name prompt, type in network.protocol-handler.app.sop and press OK.
4. In the Enter string value prompt, type sopcast-player and press OK.
4.5 In about:config set network.protocol-handler.expose-all to false
5. Try to open sop:// link on your favorite website and you will be presented with dialog box where you can search location of sopcast player. Navigate to ~/usr/bin and point to sopcast-player and click OK.
6. OK out of dialog box and now all sop:// links should open sopcast player automatically.
7. To stop getting prompted for EVERY link, after opening the first sop:// link you should undo 4.5 above (change it back to true).
It is unstable some times please see my attachment. Can you explain whatit means please?